• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

ElyrionX

Does anyone else get random slowdown in this game? I am playing on High/Ultra for the most part on a 1070 and I hold 60 fps even in the most intense situations but every two or three hours, I get some slowdown (in the range of 20 - 40 fps) that lasts for 10 - 20 seconds regardless of how much action there is on my screen.

Facism

quick game is really wasting my time. keeps putting me into games that are running and about to end. Got hit with a -75% exp for leaving whilst trying to mitigate their time-wasting matchmaking.

Danj

Wish there was a way you could reset the Career High SR stat in competitive. Thanks to the wrong placements last season mine is an unreachably high number.

Kysen

Yup season 3 is officially the best season ever for me. My one trick dva account has now hit 3.8k and still rocking 76% win rate. Gotta get in as many wins as possible before she gets nerfed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does anyone else get random slowdown in this game? I am playing on High/Ultra for the most part on a 1070 and I hold 60 fps even in the most intense situations but every two or three hours, I get some slowdown (in the range of 20 - 40 fps) that lasts for 10 - 20 seconds regardless of how much action there is on my screen.
Somehow it stresses my CPU more than stress test programs, so it gets hot and starts to hitch even though the framerate stays good. Heating was already kind of an issue, though, since my fancy cooler didn't fit with the way my MB is configured and I'm thus using a super basic one. I'm actually debating underclocking/volting to keep it level since it runs so well until it warms up from a few matches. I don't know why, but it's only Blizzard games that stress my CPU so much.

Pooya

mei snowball is so hard now, only the experts are left playing. rip last achievement, I should have pushed for it on the first days against noobs :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Symmetra stay on for B defense, puts down teleporter instead of shield.

KfucOsR.jpg

On Route 66 attack in competitive I had a Symmetra on my team who placed a teleporter. Where it went, I don't know. This is before we managed to get the payload around the first turn (which is about as far as we pushed it). I'm >95% sure they were trolling and it went off the cliff.

Yeah, I've been playing a lot more Sym since the rework, and I've pretty much gone to exclusively putting down the shield generator, even on Point A. Unless three of your teammates died just as you earned your ult, I just don't see the teleporter providing more benefit than that extra health would.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got the game on PC even though it's currently a piece of shit so I'm basically playing overwatch with massively fluctuating frames, want to get a better one sometime next year so that's a decent incentive.

Though just from the freebie loot boxes I got christmas Mei again. Even got PotG in her snowball brawl somehow.

Nimby

Banned
Teleporter seems viable still on 1st point Volskaya/Hanamura. Especially if you lose your Rein early when your about to place it. Literally waited by my tele for their D.Va to destroy then built up like 50% ult back from her mech.

cHinzo

Teleporter seems viable still on 1st point Volskaya/Hanamura. Especially if you lose your Rein early when your about to place it. Literally waited by my tele for their D.Va to destroy then built up like 50% ult back from her mech.
Also works well on Anubis. Just gotta know to use the teleport and when to use the shield generator.

payload is almost at the point

team just respawned, we'd be able to snowball them as mei just ulted

torbjorn, standing 1m away from the point, keeps building turret instead of contesting

JimiNutz

Banned
Start with 'Training' on the menu to get your bearings with the characters. The tutorial isn't bad but if you've played shooters you're not missing much by going straight to the Practice Range and giving anyone a go. Some know-how:

- The three main game modes are: King of the Hill where you contest a single zone in a map, Payload where you either push or hold some kind of payload e.g. a car, and Assault where there are two zones you capture/defend, they unlock one after the other and once the first is captured by the attackers it's gone for good.

- If you're on console you'll want to change some bindings, try putting jump on L3. Note that each hero also has an individual page for bindings so you can do whatever you want :) I have jump on different keys for a couple of heroes and the more you play the more you'll find what fits right for you

- Try entering a map in a custom game by yourself to get to know where all the paths are and health-pack locations. You don't have to learn them inside out running around by yourself but because of the random nature of the map and mode cycling it's not always reliable to try and learn through experience.

As far as playing the game goes, I'd say you can't go too wrong if you stick with your team. Always have at least one or two people that can help you in an encounter whether they're by your side or on higher ground beside you. You always want to enter a fight either even or outnumbering them. I'd also encourage you to run away from a fight if you think you're gonna risk death. Obviously you don't want to ditch your team so if the situation permits you're better off alive than respawning.

Thanks for this, really helpful.

I'm in the UK and on PS4. If anyone wants to play with me PSN ID is Chobacca69

That feel when you try to contest a point by charging in as reinhardt and a junkrat trap right in front of the point snags you and you lose the point.

ummmm is it already known that you can place shield generator in the corridor leading from spawn on the last point of gibraltar? the enemy literally can't go in there

Nimby

Banned
oh right might've been that pc exclusive patch

ps4 here

Yeah it's not fixed on console, which is kind of inexcusable. You have an extremely powerful ultimate that hinges on it being destroyed to balance it, but you can't in certain situations because Blizzard won't patch it in for consoles until a big update comes.

Shahadan

I'm so tired. People always make the same dumb mistakes. Surely when you're lvl 200 you realize you need to kill the Mercy first because she's just going to rez everyone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so tired. People always make the same dumb mistakes. Surely when you're lvl 200 you realize you need to kill the Mercy first because she's just going to rez everyone.

I feel like I kill the Mercy as Lucio more often than anyone else on my team

Because no one else will seemingly do it

KiraFA37

I got the Winston plush for Christmas

Ohh nice, reminds me I have to buy a Ganymede plush... and its sold out, my wallet is save for now.

Edit: NUTYATTA GET! From the 5 boxes from christmas, now I only need elf Tracer and yeti Winston and my Overwatch christmas will be complete.

Yeah it's not fixed on console, which is kind of inexcusable. You have an extremely powerful ultimate that hinges on it being destroyed to balance it, but you can't in certain situations because Blizzard won't patch it in for consoles until a big update comes.
Tbh I assume it's because of the holidays, I imagine cert isn't happening for anything this week :/

Still annoying though, it's a shame they can't fix it with an in client update like the unlimited Mei wall glitch.

Moonkid

Thanks for this, really helpful.

I'm in the UK and on PS4. If anyone wants to play with me PSN ID is Chobacca69
No worries. I'm on PS4 as well, I'll add ya later today when I go on. Would be good to take a break from the Competitive grind to reach Diamond ;_;

Wha -- WHY are Trophies fucking disabled in Arcade mode?? Why is this game encouraging me, as Sombra, to fuck around in QP and Competitive to hack 15 people instead of securing health packs? In short, who's the cunt at Blizzard?

24 hacks in Arcade mode too. God dammit.

Wha -- WHY are Trophies fucking disabled in Arcade mode?? Why is this game encouraging me, as Sombra, to fuck around in QP and Competitive to hack 15 people instead of securing health packs? In short, who's the cunt at Blizzard?

24 hacks in Arcade mode too. God dammit.
Tbh if you're lucky and get defense eichenwalde or something like that it's not TOO hard to do. But definitely go QP.

Hmm. Defense on Eichenwalde could work well at the first choke point. Thanks!
No problem, it's how I got it :)

You can build ult there really quickly too due to the health packs and people tend to congregate at that choke point so as long as you are very careful with your translocators it's a good opportunity.

Top Bottom