• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Cappa

Banned
I mean for winter

And I've been playing since the first couple weeks the game came out. Not everyone has the time or skill to be further along in credits and collectibles and that sucks when you want to indulge in events they promote.

If you dont have time or skill, you could always just purchase the loot boxes.

I mean for winter

And I've been playing since the first couple weeks the game came out. Not everyone has the time or skill to be further along in credits and collectibles and that sucks when you want to indulge in events they promote.

There's no skill required to get lootboxes. Just play enough. You said earlier that you're level 50ish. You're not supposed to get the loot you want at that point.

That's like saying, you want the best gear in a MMORPG regardless of your involvement with it.

Tonkse

After my placement matches I got 2607SR. I want to say not bad but I've got a lot to learn I guess. Solo is ruining my experience right now tbh.

I-hate-u

If you look at Sombra by her self as a DPS then maybe you're right. But in the larger scheme of things, she goes from meh to devastatingly strong if the team are synergising well. Few things can stop EMP hack + D.Va's Self Destruct or Rein's Earth Shatter. Not to mention she is a contender for fastest ult charge in the game along with Hanzo with her health pack hacking.

I don't think she will ever be that popular in solo Q comp because she relies on good teammates to work with her, but Blizz gotta be careful with her buffs for pro tournaments because she can easily be considered broken in the right teams.

Saying this for 5th time maybe, but Arcade is shit.
Even Mystery Heroes is pure shit.
I love Mystery Heroes, but I'll admit I'm pretty burnt out on King's Row and Hanamura after these last two weeks. They should get rid of hero stacking in this mode though, or at least make it much more rare.

Blu(e)

Really want to play but I'm about to level up and I don't want to get a loot box with a Winter legendary skin I already bought :/

Mupod

no limits mode, someone picks attack bastion, another picks attack widow

the problem with requiring wins in arcade mode is that everyone thinks of it as the 'ima just fuck around' mode. Meanwhile Quick Play is often even more tryhard than Competitive. What the hell is going on.

Ahahahahaha.

You have no idea what "elo hell" looks like. Try being rank 1300.

Though, things are much better this season as I've actually been able to go up from my initial placement instead of down.

I play with two friends 99% of the time. One of them only plays Ana and all he does is troll and try to shoot-sleep-grenade-shoot combo people. If he heals you it's by accident (I try to jump in front of his bullets while he's killing people). He also nanoboosts Lucio half of the time because it's funny. We got dumped down to 1800 and I dragged us back to almost 2600. I hate taking this game so seriously but fuck me I want a gold weapon.

cHinzo

2 more arcade loot boxes left and I'm done with arcade mode until the next event. 😒 Not gonna play arcade mode for regular boxes lol.

I play with two friends 99% of the time. One of them only plays Ana and all he does is troll and try to shoot-sleep-grenade-shoot combo people. If he heals you it's by accident (I try to jump in front of his bullets while he's killing people). He also nanoboosts Lucio half of the time because it's funny. We got dumped down to 1800 and I dragged us back to almost 2600. I hate taking this game so seriously but fuck me I want a gold weapon.

At below 2400 I would've dumped that friend hard. You need to let that BS player go man.

Lost my SSD yesterday so didn't play much at all outside of mystery heroes. People getting salty about team comps in all random make me laugh way more than it should.

scoobs

Left the game 2-3 months ago because I played way too much, and I'm just now experiencing arcade mode. Holy shit this is some of the least fun I've ever had playing a video game. Its actively unfun. I'm trying to see how anyone could prefer these modes over quick play or competitive and its just beyond me. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Left the game 2-3 months ago because I played way too much, and I'm just now experiencing arcade mode. Holy shit this is some of the least fun I've ever had playing a video game. Its actively unfun. I'm trying to see how anyone could prefer these modes over quick play or competitive and its just beyond me. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Sad thing is, the best mode "All Brawls" is currently unavailable because of "Mei's Snowball Offensive", ugh.

Had a quick Winter Mystery game this morning. Ended up on Hanamura and point B was being camped by 2 widowmakers, a Hanzo, and healed up by anna. We just weren't making any progress. I finally get Symetra so I go invis and teleport behind them to take them out. It was so satisfying.

Edit: Turns out I was able to make a clip. Here's my terrible game play.

cHinzo

Had a quick Winter Mystery game this morning. Ended up on Hanamura and point B was being camped by 2 widowmakers, a Hanzo, and healed up by anna. We just weren't making any progress. I finally get Symetra so I go invis and teleport behind each of them to take them out. It was so satisfying.
How do u go invisible as Symmetra? 😐

Had 3 D.Vas in my team on Hanamura attack. That's one way to win. 😂

Ensirius

So I ULT with reaper, do my first team kill, go to alt + z for shadow play, my hud goes missing. Can't play. Get kicked from game.
And the fucking thing did not even record.

Mupod

I still don't know how to switch Symmetra's ult. It doesn't say it ANYWHERE in-game. I read that you did it by pressing Q before her ult was charged but that doesn't work.

At below 2400 I would've dumped that friend hard. You need to let that BS player go man.

Lost my SSD yesterday so didn't play much at all outside of mystery heroes. People getting salty about team comps in all random make me laugh way more than it should.

I don't play this game if my friends aren't. I'll put a match or two in here and there solo but 90% of my time is with them. Also I've been playing stuff with these two in particular for 17-18 years so it's not like I didn't know he was a jackass.

The funny thing is he's one of the most skilled players I know of, but Overwatch is his for fun game whereas CS is his serious game. I wish he'd go back to being the god of McCrees but eh whatever.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are Blizzard employees still on holiday vacation and that's why the event is still going on? :p

I still don't know how to switch Symmetra's ult. It doesn't say it ANYWHERE in-game. I read that you did it by pressing Q before her ult was charged but that doesn't work.

You have to press Q twice while you're at 100%.

Skii

So I ULT with reaper, do my first team kill, go to alt + z for shadow play, my hud goes missing. Can't play. Get kicked from game.

Yeah Shadowplay is really glitchy with Overwatch. Whenever I activate it, it rebinds a bunch of my keys. Like I press enter and it changes the game into window mode lol.

bjork

Is there a chart of who is best versus who, like a megaman chart? I see posts in here about people making troll picks or whatever, but there's people like me who don't really know the matchups well.

Granted I'm still not 25 so it's not in competitive, but I'd like to learn so I don't be a bad team member. Or, I'll at least pick the right people. I can't pretend to play well still.

Grief.exe

Yeah Shadowplay is really glitchy with Overwatch. Whenever I activate it, it rebinds a bunch of my keys. Like I press enter and it changes the game into window mode lol.

I set up MSI Afterburner to pre-record, similar to shadow play.

It's really slick and I don't have to install any superfluous software from Nvidia.

Apathy

Once it's charged up, pressing q the first time makes her hold her teleporter like it's getting ready to be placed. Pressing q a second time switches the teleporter waiting to be placed to the shield generator waiting to get placed.

Cappa

Banned
Is there a chart of who is best versus who, like a megaman chart? I see posts in here about people making troll picks or whatever, but there's people like me who don't really know the matchups well.

Granted I'm still not 25 so it's not in competitive, but I'd like to learn so I don't be a bad team member. Or, I'll at least pick the right people. I can't pretend to play well still.

Download the Oversumo app on your phone.

Or read this here.

http://overwatch.metabomb.net/gameplay-guides/overwatch-counters-guide-june-2016

Skii

Well what heroes do you play? We can tell you what you're strong/weak against so you know when to pick them. The graphs and stuff are always out of date because of patches.

That guide is quite sketchy. It says Genji counters McCree lol.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Found a level 4 Widow with like 70-80% accuracy and knew all the sniping points on the map.

Why do people make smurf accounts?

scoobs

The most enjoyable one for me was mystery 6v6, and even then i'd get 0 tanks on offense, or 3 mercys on defense and just lose due to chance. These are all just bad. I'm sure there are people that find enjoyment here, but I am certain after like an hour of trying all the modes that I will never venture back into arcade again.

9 wins done in arcade mode suprisingly fast, so many funny games, going to miss winter mystery :(

In my last game we got 3 syms on hanamura defense, the other team couldn't do much lol

Another funny thing, picked Torb in the character selection screen, the game gave me Torb, I didn't die during the whole game and got the POTG. Two times xD

Maybe not a buff to Winston but some changes.

If he did even just a smidge more damage or if his shield had either more health or a faster cool down he would be perfect. Any of those three.

As he stands right now he feels a bit too situational. I'm biased because I love playing him, but it is pretty obvious that Winston was balanced around having duplicate heroes.

ElyrionX

Loaded into Hollywood. Guy on my team instalocks Hanzo. I check his profile. Hanzo win percentage 33%.

I noped out of that game real quick.

Mupod

I would like mystery heroes better if not for the 9 wins thing. They should give some boxes for just playing X games in arcade mode and maybe some from winning in Quick Play.

As it is, 3v3 is usually my best chance for wins. But even that can get frustrating when I get troll teammates against ana/roadhog/soldier every time.

Top Bottom