• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Pooya

seems like good changes. D.va wasn't really touched. Which is good for me hehehe.

they should have done something to ana's firing rate or clip size. Her damage is actually pretty silly all things considered.

edit: No symmetra nerf, what a joke,

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Get your hands off my Ana.

Look, I love ana. I pretty much mained her for 2 seasons now.

I still feel it's not enough.

If anything it just means I'll be using it more as an offensive anti-heals tool now which is still one of the most oppressive abilities in the game.

Blues1990

New patch on the PTR is up

tumblr_lkwp56xP5C1qinnlvo1_500.gif

I can't wait to equip all the heroes with sitting and laughing emotes. :D

I'm most interested with D.Va's adjustments. Should provide to be interesting to see if they stick or not.

ohkay

Look, I love ana. I pretty much mained her for 2 seasons now.

I still feel it's not enough.

If anything it just means I'll be using it more as an offensive anti-heals tool now which is still one of the most oppressive abilities in the game.
But the question is is it still enough sustain for the tank meta

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just messing with the practice range if I hook a bot by the pillar and go behind the pillar, they now stop in front of the pillar rather than wrapping all the way around to it since they stop in front of you now and when there's geometry between you, they'll stop at the geometry.

Antiwhippy

Like at least nerf anti-heal too. That ability is just as broken.

Nah, I feel like it's an ability we need in the game.

Needs more "marked for death" abilities in the game. Just makes things more snappy and decisive.

Kind of why I like playing mei.

Good question really. Probably should think about it that way. She's still a hella strong healer though. 100HPS is still hella strong.
I feel like her sustain could be taken even lower and we'd still have the tank meta.

I dunno if anyone watches Skyline's videos but he offered another explanation for the tank meta which is that it is much more consistent than DPS. People can make a lot more mistakes and be less precise with the tank meta, it just has so much more room for error because of the large health pools and the way those heroes are designed.

It won't be enough until Reaper can successfully 1v1 Dva.
Not to single you out specifically but could he even do that before the health buff? I feel like if you're holding her to that goal then she would become a very weak hero. Due solely to the fact that she never needs to reload, he will always have a tougher time taking her down that the other tanks.

ohkay

Not to single you out specifically but could he even do that before the health buff? I feel like if you're holding her to that goal then she would become a very weak hero. Due solely to the fact that she never needs to reload, he will always have a tougher time taking her down that the other tanks.
Well Reaper was designed to be the tank buster

Well Reaper was designed to be the tank buster
I know, and he is for four of the five. :p

The trade off is DVa has a central critbox. If we nerf her hp to the point where Reaper will always win a 1v1 she'll go back to being useless, because her design is just not conducive to being killed by Reaper. The issue all the other tanks have vs Reaper is being fat and needing to aim and reload. DVa is affected by only two of those things.

Reaper is an everything buster. Secretly best ever. Please don't ever nerf

When I'm thinking about it the only character I'm afraid of when playing repear is mcree. Freaking flash bang

Skii

Well considering Reaper is designed to be a tank buster at the cost of being unable to 1v1 other DPS, he needs to be able to 1v1 all tanks for him to be balanced. He already has trouble with a high charge Zarya and Roadhog, so it makes no sense to then add a 3rd tank who literally counters him. I understand that the tanks need to stand a chance against him which all of them (besides Winston) do but he stands no chance against a Dva.

Anne

When you do the math on D.VA's new health, she actually dies to things like Soldier significantly faster. Anything that deals damage in multiple hits will see a noticeable decrease in ttk.

Well considering Reaper is designed to be a tank buster at the cost of being unable to 1v1 other DPS, he needs to be able to 1v1 all tanks for him to be balanced. He already has trouble with a high charge Zarya and Roadhog, so it makes no sense to then add a 3rd tank who literally counters him. I understand that the tanks need to stand a chance against him which all of them (besides Winston) do but he stands no chance against a Dva.
I don't think that will be the case anymore. Reinhardt also has 200 armour and reaper has no trouble with him.

D.Va nerf feels like Zarya nerf, bad players will lament and good players can still make it work just fine.

But yeah, no more using DM to fully cover your armor loss now. You'll take chip damage at a solid rate.

Which is fair, as someone who has been playing mostly D.Va and Soldier all this season.

Antiwhippy

I feel like her sustain could be taken even lower and we'd still have the tank meta.

I dunno if anyone watches Skyline's videos but he offered another explanation for the tank meta which is that it is much more consistent than DPS. People can make a lot more mistakes and be less precise with the tank meta, it just has so much more room for error because of the large health pools and the way those heroes are designed.

Mmmm nah it's still ana.

Also roadhog too, because he's the only tank that can actually deal with threats from range.

I don't think that will be the case anymore. Reinhardt also has 200 armour and he has no trouble with him.

Wait what. Reaper should be able to outduel reinhardt handily.

Veelk

Banned
People playing PTR, let me know how D.Va handles. I'm worried that the damage to the cannons might be too severely nerfed.

Also, Blizzard, quit trolling with the lack of Sym and Soldier changes, come on.

NeoRaider

Exactly how much healing was Ana doing with her grenade before the nerf??

I think that this is fair and ok nerf. But this will have bigger impact on her self-healing. She will be much easier to kill now because she will not be able to heal herself like she used too. And that will be a problem for Ana players especially in teams where there is no 2nd healer.

I think that they should also decrease anti-heal duration by 1s maybe. And that's it.

I love using Ana but finally some sort of nerf, tanks never dying can get really annoying. Also great seeing D.va nerfs, I picked her in defense despite pretty much never using her these days (aside from a month or so when I first picked up the game) and she was too broken, this is at Master as well, people really couldn't kill D.va's with a semi-competent Ana around.

Fancolors

Even when I think Ana's nerf should be bigger, I like this direction better of doing one small tweak per update instead of doing multiple buffs\nerfs at the same time. It allows to better gauge which specific change has the biggest impact to the character.

Antiwhippy

I think that this is fair and ok nerf. But this will have bigger impact on her self-healing. She will be much easier to kill now because she will not be able to heal herself like she used too. And that will be a problem for Ana players especially in teams where there is no 2nd healer.

Healing boost, not the actual heals.

Jellie

I think that they should also decrease anti-heal duration by 1s maybe. And that's it.

She heals herself the same
Biotic greande change is to the increased healing which is down from 100% to 50% so 150 per shot to 112.5 per shot (-37.5hp per shot).
She still heals the same burst from the initial grenade.

I think.

Nimby

Banned
I just hope to god if this nerf doesn't stop tanks, that they fix the fucking problem ASAP. Don't make us suffer another month with this shit.

NeoRaider

She heals herself the same
Biotic greande change is to the increased healing which is down from 100% to 50% so 150 per shot to 112.5 per shot (-37.5hp per shot).
She still heals the same burst from the initial grenade.

I think.

Um... i am confused.

One fifth of one second less hack speed.

Really, Blizzard.

That's all you give me.

hahahaha you can't be serious

she needs to get some QOL changes like being able to hack while being damaged, her speed boost applying as soon as she goes invisible, not being kicked out of invisibility if she presses hack but isn't actually hacking something etc.

then I might consider using her

Just messing with the practice range if I hook a bot by the pillar and go behind the pillar, they now stop in front of the pillar rather than wrapping all the way around to it since they stop in front of you now and when there's geometry between you, they'll stop at the geometry.

Live:

PTR

Hook just breaks and he doesn't nudge when I try to gobehind ap illar

fucking hell

well that's one way to ruin the best feeling in the game

I added myself to the Discord and the Google Spreadsheet. My B.net is Karsticles#1474.

I'm new to the game, but I am receptive to critical feedback and a team player.

I think if I ever got outdueled by a Rein while playing Reaper I'd just delete the game

Never had a problem with Rein before as Reaper

Wait what. Reaper should be able to outduel reinhardt handily.
I phrased this wrong. REAPER has no trouble taking down Rein. I was pointing out how DVa now having the same armour as rein will make her more killable by him. Sorry, I'll edit my post to be clearer.

Mmmm nah it's still ana.

Also roadhog too, because he's the only tank that can actually deal with threats from range.
Could be a bit of both? Lets see what happens after the Ana changes are live :p

New patch on the PTR is up

goodbye ever fucking hooking a mobile character again shit

d.va nerf also seems like a bit too much and I was calling for her head just the other day

good to see these are just ptr changes and will be further tweaked on before being released in the live version! haha

haha

:(

Sane_Man

Um... i am confused.

The problem with the grenade was that that you could throw it on the tanks to give them some initial heal, but it also increases the healing percentage they get afterwards, so any other heals (Ana shooting them, Lucio passive heal, etc) got the tanks health back to 100% super fast.

Top Bottom