• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Levito

Banned
Finally started playing this after putting it off for a long time.

I was a big time Blizzard fanboy from the late 90s until about 2010. They lost me hard with Starcraft 2, WoW: Cata, and Diablo 3(didn't like any of them), so this is my first Blizzard game since Reaper Of Souls.

Super happy with it, plays to their strengths(gameplay) and not to their weaknesses(storytelling). I know this comparision sets some people off but it's like a modernized TF2 with some DOTA2 influences(ultimates). Really enjoying it so far.

Pharah is my favorite hero so far. Also love junkrat, Mercy, Sombra, and Bastion.

NeoRaider

The grenade instantly heals you, but it also grants a percentage bonus to any healing in its aftermath. That percentage has been cut in half. The initial heal splash is the same.

After she throws her grenade her healing from rifle is also increased?? Omg why i never knew this?

This nerf is not enough.

I am going to miss jumping and hooking, it honestly felt good like you knew you wanted to do that but now it's not possible.

I see this as a huge hit on Roadhog, he stays vulnerable as he is hooking and as you're peaking around a corner to wittle him down just make sure to jump back behind wall so if hook hits, it'll break because of the momentum now.

caesar

Banned
goodbye ever fucking hooking a mobile character again shit

d.va nerf also seems like a bit too much and I was calling for her head just the other day

good to see these are just ptr changes and will be further tweaked on before being released in the live version! haha

haha

:(

The dva nerf is nothing, she was stupid.

NeoRaider

I don't get the D.Va nerf really. I mean why?

Is she like the most nerfed and buffed hero? It's like they don't even know what to do with her. She just started to feel good after her latest buff why nerfing her now.

Also i agree about the Hog being easy target, he is huge. That hook was broken no one can deny that but it was also his only way to defend himself from DPS heroes like Tracer, Soldier, McCree, Mei... This can be huge problem for him.

Blues1990

I love equipping 4 sprays, emotes, and voice lines now. Every character now has their sitting and laughing emote, and I'm just trying to decide what to fill with the two remaining spaces.

Grief.exe

Guys, I know people toss the around a lot, but I think I'm legitimately in ELO hell.

I continually get better, but my ELO continually decreases.

Blu(e)

Will have to try hacking buff later. I always get interrupted just right when the hack is about to go off so I'm wondering if this will help with that. Especially trying to deal with Tracer/Genji/Rein.

I can think of no situations where I've failed to get a hack off with Sombra and thought, "Boy, if only I had 0.2 more seconds," rather than, "Oh, that was a dumb spot to try and hack in."

yeah soldier staying as is is fucking stupid

but I don't understand how d.va getting a larger spread with less damage per shot will be more consistent.. wouldn't it be the exact opposite?

The Sombra buff is very odd

I expected a cd change but I guess allowing health packs to be hacked consecutively in less than 14 seconds will be broken

I think the health pack thing will always limit what they can do with that skill

but I don't understand how d.va getting a larger spread with less damage per shot will be more consistent.. wouldn't it be the exact opposite?
Same spread, more bullets in that spread, less damage per bullet

So it'll do less damage vs roadhog for example but probably has a higher chance of clipping smaller hit box heroes

NeoRaider

^ Ok but from 400 to 200?? Why can't it be 300/300?

Someone at Blizzard really loves Soldier...

BiggNife

Honestly I think they could have just reverted Dva to what she was before they added 100 health and increased her firing rate - I'm not really sure why they're giving her less armor and less damage instead, since it would have basically the same effect. But eh. I don't think those changes will hurt her too much.

The Sombra buff is very odd

I expected a cd change but I guess allowing health packs to be hacked consecutively in less than 14 seconds will be broken

I think the health pack thing will always limit what they can do with that skill
Which is why they should reduce the effectiveness of the health pack thing. Have the hack last 30 seconds and don't let friendlies' use count for ult charge.

Then buff other stuff (hack, camo) to compensate.

The way pros use her now, to rush a sneaky EMP by piling onto a single health pack, is one of the silliest, game-iest tactics in Overwatch.

BiggNife

I don't think the Sombra buff is going to change anything because her biggest problem was always that her gun sucks compared to other flankers and that's still the case. I'm fine with sightly reducing the hack speed but I don't think it's going to increase her play rate at all because it's not enough.

NeoRaider

I don't think the Sombra buff is going to change anything because her biggest problem was always that her gun sucks compared to other flankers and that's still the case. I'm fine with sightly reducing the hack speed but I don't think it's going to increase her play rate at all because it's not enough.

It's far from enough.
And i think that they know it but are still not ready for more radical changes.

It's you.

why do people still think ELO hell doesn't exist

I lost 5 straight games after my placement matches because most games had 4 or 5 dps and nobody was on mic

As soon as I started grouping up with gaffers this season I immediately got back to where I left off.

Because if you're better than your elo you will climb?
Not everyone will. Like you will probably end up moving in that direction but it is possible that matchmaking will just keep giving you shitty teams.

It's very unlikely it will give you shitty games for an extended period in a row, but it is a slight possibility.

Not everyone will. Like you will probably end up moving in that direction but it is possible that matchmaking will just keep giving you shitty teams.

It's very unlikely it will give you shitty games for an extended period in a row, but it is a slight possibility.

the thing is, the more games you lose the shittier your teams are gonna get

it's a snowball effect

You don't go from bronze to master because of luck. If you belong higher, you will go higher. ELO hell doesn't exist.

Nobody is talking about differentials that drastic.

There are plenty of people with high platinum skill levels that are backed up by all the stats sites that are stuck in low gold because of shitty teams.

Ocho

why do people still think ELO hell doesn't exist

I lost 5 straight games after my placement matches because most games had 4 or 5 dps and nobody was on mic

As soon as I started grouping up with gaffers this season I immediately got back to where I left off.

You got carried.

ZangBa

Nobody is talking about differentials that drastic.

There are plenty of people with high platinum skill levels that are backed up by all the stats sites that are stuck in low gold because of shitty teams.

It happened, that's why I brought it up. If you are stuck in gold, it's because you belong there. I placed in gold last season and went up to diamond. Both teams will get shitty players, those who complain aren't special cases.

Apathy

The D.va changes I saw coming for a while, the armor was a lot. She just keeps getting heavy handed changes rather than smoothing some out. Like this damage one, that's bad. Her damage was never a huge issue. It's that she lasted too long so it felt like her damage was too high.

I'm a little annoyed that they want to buff sombra when there are a bunch of heroes that were in from the start of the game that don't get representation that they refuse to buff.

Nah, I feel like it's an ability we need in the game.

Needs more "marked for death" abilities in the game. Just makes things more snappy and decisive.

Kind of why I like playing mei.

We need it

but a healer shouldn't have it

a 100% no heal is the wrong way to go about things. It is seen as unfair and unfun to the people used against, where a -40-60% would be a better spot to put it at.

at -100% + aoe spread + 5 seconds you take away 2 people out of an equation at once (minimum), the person you used it on who now is in panic survival state because they know they can't heal and their healer who is now useless for 5 seconds. With no ability to counter it from a healer, you stop a healer from participating in that fight to protect their team.

At a non 100% state, a healer can at least still try to keep their team alive, the person you used the grenade on is still a viable target to switch to and kill, and the person that got hit does not always feel they need to run to survive if they believe their healer can keep them up long enough for them to make something happen before it wears off. Hell if it could at least be removed by a friendly ana using their grenade to get it off, even that would be a better solution than to have it end at a no heal situation, then at least some strategy could be used.

Top Bottom