• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Started tonight on 2884. Finished on 2854 after DWLL. Could have won both Ls but weirdly got a troll (and possibly bot) Bastion...it was weird to be MMd twice. Also at one point team split up so whe i was running back from spawn they were the width of my horizon...

Diamonte ain't happening :/

ZangBa

Why are you still not grasping that one person can't carry a win in Overwatch? How am I expected to win solo q if my teammates are shitty, pick terrible comps and don't use mics. There are games where I get 3-5 gold medals and we still lose. That's not my fault lol

You got lucky with your solo q teammates, congrats. I don't. I don't play solo q comp anymore.

Because I've felt I've been able to carry games solo, and if you belong higher, you will feel yourself carrying as well. To say I'm just lucky is just unfortunately ignorant. I've had shitty teams and lost 10 times in a row before. I made my way back up playing better.

Ocho

Why are you still not grasping that one person can't carry a win in Overwatch? How am I expected to win solo q if my teammates are shitty, pick terrible comps and don't use mics. There are games where I get 3-5 gold medals and we still lose. That's not my fault lol

You got lucky with your solo q teammates, congrats. I don't. I don't play solo q comp anymore.

You've never had that game in which you feel a single guy from the other team is carrying? That he is completely outplaying you? I've had many games like these and against all heroes.

You've never had that game in which you feel a single guy from the other team is carrying? That he is completely outplaying you? I feel like I've had many games like these and against all heroes.

I have had a few games where the other team barely push to attack and its an easy defense then a Genji leaps over the wall and goes all anime/Dragonblade and kills me (support) and then things go bad.

I dont know if its confirmation bias but i feel like my recent losses have been from the team falling apart vs the other team being significantly better.

I mean the others haven't really mentioned it yet, but you can have 3-5 golds and still have been shit at your job. Like if gold elims is at 6 and you are a dps, you did not perform that game at all even with gold medals. It doesn't matter how you do compared to your team there, it matters how you compare to what you should have been able to do. The medals are completely misleading as a system and sometimes lead people to believe that they are doing things when they aren't actually doing much.

D.Va will still be good lol. She's still a 600 HP tank with the 2nd best damage mitigation in the game (defense matrix) and excellent mobility for her class.

ELO Hell is a myth.

Grief.exe

I'm going to switch to Roadhog main rather than Ana as I might be able to carry games harder. With Ana, I can play out of my mind, but still be too reliant on teammates.

I mean the others haven't really mentioned it yet, but you can have 3-5 golds and still have been shit at your job. Like if gold elims is at 6 and you are a dps, you did not perform that game at all even with gold medals. It doesn't matter how you do compared to your team there, it matters how you compare to what you should have been able to do. The medals are completely misleading as a system and sometimes lead people to believe that they are doing things when they aren't actually doing much.

I generally compare myself to the rest of the Overwatch community using sites like Overbuff, not just in that particular game.

Jellie

Try to play 90% games as Lucio (because nobody else wants to play some dumbass healer) and climb without being lucky.

Season 1 I climbed solo queing with Lucio from 59 to 70 which would be equivalent of plat to masters now I guess? Guess that was all luck?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF also, a DPS doing bad isn't necessarily the DPS's fault.

If your team's tanks are bad at creating space and your supports are bad at supporting than it makes the DPS's job harder. Like unless you massively outskill the enemy team I still don't think you can solo carry as DPS alone.

antitrop

TBF also, a DPS doing bad isn't necessarily the DPS's fault.

If your team's tanks are bad at creating space and your supports are bad at supporting than it makes the DPS's job harder. Like unless you massively outskill the enemy team I still don't think you can solo carry as DPS alone.

A lot of times I notice it comes down to the enemy team having a Rein and our team not having a Rein, and people are complaining about the DPS not doing anything. Like hollyyyyyyyy shit, I wonder why

I honestly think the easiest way for me to climb from Diamond to Master right now would just be to become a Rein main.

Nimby

Banned
McCree play should come back. Even if Soldier may be better in some areas. Taimou McCree + Carryhook Soldier double DPS dreams.

I generally compare myself to the rest of the Overwatch community using sites like Overbuff, not just in that particular game.
Yeah, that can work, but using those stats is important. Like my aim is top% as soldier yet I am underperforming in 3400ish games, so I look at my deaths and realize that I'm only in the 65th percentile, and 3400 is like 87th percentile. Which means I'' getting picked way too much at the level I'' playing at and underperforming because of it. The stats themselves don't mean anything, it's how they affect your play that does

Grief.exe

Yeah, that can work, but using those stats is important. Like my aim is top% as soldier yet I am underperforming in 3400ish games, so I look at my deaths and realize that I'm only in the 65th percentile, and 3400 is like 87th percentile. Which means I'' getting picked way too much at the level I'' playing at and underperforming because of it. The stats themselves don't mean anything, it's how they affect your play that does

Today I believe I was in the the top 1% on the majority of statistics on Roadhog.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A lot of times I notice it comes down to the enemy team having a Rein and our team not having a Rein, and people are complaining about the DPS not doing anything. Like hollyyyyyyyy shit, I wonder why

Pretty much.

I've seen my team's tanks yelling at the DPS for not doing better, but sometimes it comes down to our team's dps having to work down a 2000HP shield and the opposing team building ult on our roadhog.

I honestly think the easiest way for me to climb from Diamond to Master right now would just to become a Rein main.

nobody wants to play him because they think he's boring or worse, they think D.Va can replace reinhardht as a protection tank.

Today I believe I was in the the top 1% on the majority of statistics on Roadhog.
In everything or just most things? like you can rack up damage and elims, but if you are first to go down in every big fight that might not mean a thing. There's always something you can be doing better. Not saying you do this, but I find most players in OW tend to overlook that and try to blame their team before anything else, and this leads to them kind of ignoring those crucial moments of self critique.

Grief.exe

In everything or just most things? like you can rack up damage and elims, but if you are first to go down in every big fight that might not mean a thing. There's always something you can be doing better. Not saying you do this, but I find most players in OW tend to overlook that and try to blame their team before anything else, and this leads to them kind of ignoring those crucial moments of self critique.

All the major stats were in the top 1%, My E/D ratio was in the top 1% today.

I've been discussing the minor stuff in here now. We've been working on my Ana boost kills lately. With Roadhog in particular I need to work on constant damage output I think, putting right clicks into ranged enemies and shields.

Hold on, I'll pull up my stats on my solo queues today.

Grief.exe

Solo queue stats for today, 3-5

The Ana game was a short game actually, we stalled out 2-1.

I just picked the game up again after not playing for months, just started queuing comp as Ana. I got placed in plat, I've improved tremendously, yet I'm well below my initial ranking.

vpIZ1Ww.jpg

2Lt58yU.png

Nimby

Banned
I have no access to the PTR, but they should really try adjusting her health/armor ratio to like 300/300 and see what works best. Also, trying more Ana nerfs. And Soldier nerfs. Use the PTR right this time please...

Nimby

Banned
https://clips.twitch.tv/shadder2k/EnergeticMinkUnSane

Yeah, way to "fix" a character cause people don't understand forward momentum. Basically ruined his hook and he doesn't even get the cooldown reset even on actual hits. Blizzard balancing around cry babies yet again.

It might actually make him balanced tho.

I don't think Hook 2.0 is meant to really hurt the character but make the hook fairer for Hog players and his "victims"

Haven't actually watched/experienced new Hog yet though, but the character is crazy unbalanced right now.

Solo queue stats for today, 3-5

The Ana game was a short game actually, we stalled out 2-1.

vpIZ1Ww.jpg

2Lt58yU.png

Edit: this post just looks at Hog for now

Those are good stats for Hog. Like I said though, it isn't necessarily the stats that are most important. Things I would ask based on what I see: your weapon acc is in a rather low percilentile. Was there a Rein on the other team/did you help break his shield? That should result in a greater acc % even if it isn't 'accurate'. Did you take out the flankers or D.Va you were supposed to consistently before the healers went down? You do have an awful lot of self healing. Could it be that the healers were dying early in the fight from enemies you could have peeled away meaning that your less sustainable teammates were eliminated?

I'm not saying any of this is the case, but it is the way one should look at stats to improve their own play. Your stats are good, but that just means that either there is something else missing, or the team synergy was off. Blaming your teammates for games is not the way to climb in my experience.

Apathy

It might actually make him balanced tho.

I don't think Hook 2.0 is meant to really hurt the character but make the hook fairer for Hog players and his "victims"

Haven't actually watched/experienced new Hog yet though, but the character is crazy unbalanced right now.

Then watch the clip, it's not fair to the hog that makes the hooks, twice, once on the zarya that moves out of los because shes jumping to the side and to the sombra that gets hooked but is behind a pole of all things to break the chain los

ricelord

Lol at all of you.

Lucio has been nerfed into the fucking ground compared to launch and he's still a top tier pick.

blizz:" hmm it's about time for lucio to get nelf again."

to be fair lucio is the only healer that can heal the whole group besides zen ult and ana bg. Also hes speed boost is still good.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Never forget unstoppable D.Va

2016-2017

After this patch is pushed to consoles and regular PC users she will live on in our memories.

Welp, guess I gotta find a new main now that D.VA's back to bottom tier. I mean seriously, an armor decrease from 400 to 200 is going to let her get shredded by a lot of heroes that couldn't do so before.

I love the idea of a gaf 6 stack but it really doesn't work in execution. Main reason is because you'll run into other 6 stacks that actually know each-others playstyles. And I think it's kind of helpful to have a random or two that you have to make your team comp around. With a 6 stack that doesn't really know eachother there is just a weird thing where no one seems to want to pick who they actually want to pick because they just want to be great teammates. And no one wants to say that they actually aren't comfortable at all with the role they've been left with.

We went like 1-6 today. And they weren't very close games. I think the only way to do it is if everyone said who they were good with beforehand and then just stuck to those roles in every game.

Rank doesn't mean much to me anymore, but sorry to everyone else who was in that group. Not our day.

My Rein charging off the map in Hanamura is the perfect example of how I was playing in those matches...

Where is Owzers when we need him?

Alucrid

Banned

I honestly think the easiest way for me to climb from Diamond to Master right now would just be to become a Rein main.

there's no better match up as a rein than the other team not having one. it's hilarious. like, free earthshatters all day. the entire team. every time. i fucking love it.

Top Bottom