• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

xaosslug

considering the D.Va nerf I wonder what Blizz has in the can to buff her? Shorten her boost cool down? Let you be able to fire while DM? HMM...

I wouldn't be against making Roadhog's standard shotgun blasts better at the expense of the hook. Or at least, the average player I run into seems unable to get kills without the hook combo.

The nerf is still big on everyone's mind, but you know what I hate? Competitive. Because it's not. The name says "Competitive" in big letters and you have a nice fancy score, but forcing me to play with Plat players because some Diamond-guy has them in his group in a Masters (albeit low Masters) is not "Competitive".

Blizzard's stance on wanting games to be E-sports giants but unwilling to design the game around the competitive crowd is completely obnoxious. Give better incentives for casual players to play casual modes. Give better incentives for competitive players to play competitive modes. Make some kind of working algorithm for ranking. I haven't seen a Diamond player who was Diamond in Season 2 in forever. I see literal Gold ranked players who are now magically mid-Diamond tier. It's not particularly fun climbing up to the higher ranks only to be placed with people who have no clue how the fundamentals of the game work.

Especially when those people are at the third highest tier in the game.

AbaFadi

Banned
considering the D.Va nerf I wonder what Blizz has in the can to buff her? Shorten her boost cool down? Let you be able to fire while DM? HMM...

That would be too op lol. She would win every 1v1 except against Zarya and Rein lol. I think if they gave her maybe 300/300 health and armor she'll be fine.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuck me, I can't fucking stand dvas who don't seem to know they can fly.

Soldier and widow on the high ground? Just fucking fly up to them. Jesus christ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's nothing worse than having a Mercy on me as Pharah and having tghe Mercy fly away mid fight.

like you know that I'm basing my entire fight strategy off the fact that you're with me and giving me damage boost, right?

Rean

I didn't think I would do so well this season with the tank meta, but I've really been improving my Mccree regardless.

IOD92pq.png

This feels pretty satisfying to see after all the time I've been putting into him.

Antiwhippy

I just kinda wish they made mercy useful outside of res.

Because there are so many mercies that don't know how to res.

I got late spawned, then the enemy got the checkpoint, and then died which is fine because then I can respawn with the rest of my team, but the mercy who late spawned with me solo res'd me. Her first res of the game because she's bad and keeps getting ganked, instead of hiding and waiting for everyone to die on the cart to res.

And then we both get ganked, wasting precious cart time and one of the most powerful ults in the game.

Fuck mercies, seriously. I don't mind a good mercy but there are so many bad ones. It's like there can be no in-between.

My ID is Yurikerr#1356

Neato, I'll add you when I'm on.

There's nothing worse than having a Mercy on me as Pharah and having tghe Mercy fly away mid fight.

like you know that I'm basing my entire fight strategy off the fact that you're with me and giving me damage boost, right?

If they're darting away when you're in a vulnerable spot, yeah, that's shitty. But they shouldn't be banana riding you the whole match unless your team is built for that. I love the Pharamercy combo because it gives me a birds eye view of the fight, and I CAN dart to anyone I need to heal or escape when needed. Phara will be my main gal if the team is surviving though.

Fuck mercies, seriously. I don't mind a good mercy but there are so many bad ones. It's like there can be no in-between.

Yeah, I get worried whenever someone else picks her before me. Haha. I'm not the best by any means, but most of my stats are in the top 10%, so I just hope they know what they're doing.

hypernima

Banned
I just played a game where a pharah fucked up our team on Lijang because our soldier wasnt taking her out.

I msg him to take Pharah out.

He replied
"I have 3 golds, don't tell me"

We proceed to get spanked until I switch to McCree to take out Pharah and we ended up winning the round. I switched back to support though because we needed healing next round. The soldier continues to get mollywhopped by Pharah and refuses to switch even though everyone was making changes to win the round. We end up losing because Pharah is fucking us up due to none of our DPS giving her pressure. She got Barrage three times in a round and proceeded to get Player of the Match.

Overwatch is what is wrong with humanity. The Omnics should have took us out.

Antiwhippy

I just played a game where a pharah fucked up our team on Lijang because our soldier wasnt taking her out.

I msg him to take Pharah out.

He replied
"I have 3 golds, don't tell me"

We proceed to get spanked until I switch to McCree to take out Pharah and we ended up winning the round. I switched back to support though because we needed healing next round. The soldier continues to get mollywhopped by Pharah and refuses to switch even though everyone was making changes to win the round. We end up losing because Pharah is fucking us up due to none of our DPS giving her pressure. She got Barrage three times in a round and proceeded to get Player of the Match.

Overwatch is what is wrong with humanity. The Omnics should have took us out.

I mean you might as well stick to mccree really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pharah used to be my main

The general Mercy playing populous is why she's not my main anymore. And why she's my least trusted hero in the game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My favorite archetype of Bad Mercy is the one that's grouped with one friend and pretty much solely heals and rezzes him.

I actually read a post today that said it is impossible to buff Mercy enough to be relevant without totally breaking her. And that the only solution was a rework.

I kind of agree tbh.

Antiwhippy

Offensive Support Ana is GOAT. Time to get gud Kiddo.

I jest, but supports who decide to Rambo are the worst.

If you've healed that much and still got silver for that amount of damage and elims i feel sorry for being grouped with the dps you're grouped with

Flip4k

Was having a good win streak. Then I was placed in a five stack with a silver and people still doing placement matches. Got stomped. Like, how is that possible?

Nimby

Banned
Mercy doesn't need a rework though? I don't agree with that at all. Like if a new ability = rework then sure. Really there are three things:

1. Res invincibility - Make her invincible while pressing Q and a few seconds after
2. Buffing damage boost - Unsure about this, maybe 40%?
3. Give her an E ability, the most suggested is a purge/cleanse ability because it kinda fits her.

Top Bottom