• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

komaruR

you guys kept sparking good conversation topics while im at work. by the time i get home, the topic is already drowned D:.i can read but cant post at work :(

When you're a lucio and is at silver elims and that is 5 and bronze damage...and your team has a junkrat, reaper, reinhardt, roadhog, zen....you have to wonder wtf your team is doing. Especially when the enemy has a pharmercy combo in the air...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When you're a lucio and is at silver elims and that is 5 and bronze damage...and your team has a junkrat, reaper, reinhardt, roadhog, zen....you have to wonder wtf your team is doing. Especially when the enemy has a pharmercy combo in the air...

Not switching from the sounds of it.

Zen is probably the only one who can reliably hit her.

Yeah, I need to stop for the day. 3rd loss in a row. I'm pulling the plug on this plummet. Teammates are reaching stupid levels of performance. Played Dva and gotten silver damage...when there's a junkrat, 76, and roadhog on the team. And the damage is less than 5000...

exYle

Been doing nothing but practicing Ana lately. Starting to do some real work with the lady =)

Gonna try and make her my main healer

Mendrox

Another disconnect when we had the advantage. -_-

People really need to not play if their internet or whatever is shakey.

lol that was the thing that I threw to you when you complained that the 30secs are too shprt for a toilet break and I said you shouldnt play if your connection sucks or cannot hold your bladder :p

Akim

Banned
I can always tell when I'm going to lose a competitive game. The good players are silent and have nice ult management.

The shitty players spam "join team chat" and then whine if you don't join and then play like complete trash.

Antiwhippy

lol that was the thing that I threw to you when you complained that the 30secs are too shprt for a toilet break and I said you shouldnt play if your connection sucks or cannot hold your bladder :p

But i came back though, that's the thing.

Like i understand things get in the way for people sometimes so whatever. Ive had people disconnect, we lose the round, next round they came back and apologised, and that i honestly don't get mad about. Sometimes when they came back we start crushing also.

I should be more lenient on that case too because it might just be a rare hiccup on their end or just the first signs of their internet acting up. We lost but he couldn't control that. Sometimes shit happens and I've seen people getting disconnected due to server issues.

Finally, finally, finally, out of hell. Went from 2450 to 2700+ today. Jumped like 100+ in the last three or so games. The difference between gameplay at 2450 and 2650 is noticeable. Teams move around faster. I'm actually a little worried I'm going to get smoked soon because I'm not used to it after weeks in trenches.

Last game of the night got D. Va quad kills twice on Kings Row, both to secure the win. /feelsgoodman

Edit: Also played a QP game where some Bastion just absolutely smoked us. Just pinned us down after we secured the payload. After the game I checked, fucking Rank 79. Guy was good.

Antiwhippy

Finally, finally, finally, out of hell. Went from 2450 to 2700+ today. Jumped like 100+ in the last three or so games. The difference between gameplay at 2450 and 2650 is noticeable. Teams move around faster. I'm actually a little worried I'm going to get smoked soon because I'm not used to it after weeks in trenches.

Last game of the night got D. Va quad kills twice on Kings Row, both to secure the win. /feelsgoodman

Edit: Also played a QP game where some Bastion just absolutely smoked us. Just pinned us down after we secured the payload. After the game I checked, fucking Rank 79. Guy was good.

Was he bob the bastion?

Neoxon

Seeing as it'll be a while before I get a decent PC, should I just get the PS4 version of the game? I'm getting sick of having to go to my friend's house every time I want my Overwatch fix.

Blues1990

Seeing as it'll be a while before I get a decent PC, should I just get the PS4 version of the game? I'm getting sick of having to go to my friend's house every time I want my Overwatch fix.
The PS4 community on NeoGAF is pretty healthy, and the console version of the game looks great.

KiraFA37

Aw man haven't been able to play Overwatch all week due to work and the Open and I'm itching for some games, still 6-7 hours before I'm near my gaming PC. Have to say though after watching the open that the meta is looking pretty health but some tweaking is still needed.

Azoor

Dva's who still can't hit a sym circle strafing around her. -_-

Believe it or not, I once landed ABOVE a D.va as a Symmetra and that made her not being able to kill me and I melted her.

To this day I have no idea how I managed to do that, I even tried to replicate it and never worked.

Antiwhippy

Believe it or not, I once landed ABOVE a D.va as a Symmetra and that made her not being able to kill me and I melted her.

To this day I have no idea how I managed to do that, I even tried to replicate it and never worked.

Just people with really bad tracking skills.

Also there's this junkrat main who was getting countered by the enemy pharah so we ask if he might switch off a hero that can help us deal with pharah.

He quits.

Junkrat mains.

MGrant

Reaper is becoming my favorite on Eichenwalde attack side. So many good spots to teleport to, and teams haven't picked up on them yet. I like going up the stairs on the right side near the spawn, then teleporting behind the usual Reinhardt blockade at the first chokepoint. Can usually do a good chunk of damage and freak the defending team out enough to break their defense before I wraith form away. Later inside the castle is also fun, with the side path that leads to the side of the final checkpoint.

Had a shitty match on Hollywood attack earlier. Only one healer (Ana) on my team, and I was the only tank who could initiate on my side (Reinhardt and later Roadhog), so I couldn't switch. But at least we had a Junkrat, Soldier, and Torbjorn! They were extremely helpful, let me tell you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If ya'll think the average OW player is bad

maaaaannn the people i've played with and against in Paladins are. Holy shit. It's like thier first time playing a video game or something. Losing to AI because people won't even stand on the point to capture it. Like lets the bar fill up and doesn't even try to go in.

The most you gotta worry about in siege is TeamKillers. Honestly playing siege there was never a time i thought my team wasnt trying .I guess its also because its much much easier to carry in Siege than Overwatch.

But this is a team based game. If I am unable to play the game it's meant to be played, I'm better off using my time on better games.
Then just mute the toxic players. Deleting a game over a few people is kind of dumb, but whatever. Like I said, every MP game I've played has the same shit. And you can play the game just fine if you don't communicate with team. I've won plenty of games in that scenario.

Antiwhippy

The positive thing about playing with a reaper named dickstroyed is that at least you know that he's a reaper main, so he should be good.

zoukka

Then just mute the toxic players. Deleting a game over a few people is kind of dumb, but whatever. Like I said, every MP game I've played has the same shit. And you can play the game just fine if you don't communicate with team. I've won plenty of games in that scenario.

Nah I'll just play MP games where individual skill matters more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reaper has kind of fallen into the Lucio category for me. I can play him well enough and recognize how strong he is, but he's just so fucking boring to play to me. I'd much rather play Genji out of the flankers as I find his actual gameplay some of the most rewarding in the game(minus the jump nerf) or Ana or Zen as healers.

Which does suck because Reaper and Lucio are two of my favorite character in the game just as characters go. Lucio being the most likeable character in the game and Reaper being a comical 80s cartoon villain who fails constantly.

It kind of makes me wish Lucio was more akin to Symmetra as a support and was a speed focused hero with better damage and no heals. Which obviously would never happen. I just don't find his healing playstyle rewarding at all. Like grinding around the roof of the point keeping people alive is cool, but the healing part of that isn't that cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom