• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you done uninstalled the game for a full 24 hours now, we get it, you wasn't strong enough to hang with OW

go somewhere else then, with your whiny bald headed ass
Well this is going a little far, geez.

I mean, I don't like it when people have to praise that they deleted the game, but come on man.

With comments like these, we are no better than the toxic people we despise.

I just hate when people hang around threads for games they made a big dramatic declaration that they quit. Its like a friend who went straight edge but keeps going to the bar to talk about how he's so above drinking now. Like just go away already and live ya life, dude.

Azoor

A bad Overwatch player to me is hardly a player that lacks skill, but rather the player that refuses to coordinate and puts himself before the team.

Like those who insta picks Soldier and never sticks with the team. Or a tank that abandons the payload.

A bad Overwatch player to me is hardly a player that lacks skill, but rather the player that refuses to coordinate and puts himself before the team.

Like those who insta picks Soldier and never sticks with the team. Or a tank that abandons the payload.
Well, a player that lacks skill is by definition a bad player.

I just won't fault them for it.

Azoor

Well, a player that lacks skill is by definition a bad player.

I just won't fault them for it.

That's my point, lacking skill can be easily remedied in this game because of how diverse the characters are. You don't super aiming skills to play characters like Winston or Mercy, just know how to use their abilities to further helping your team.

Those who don't cooperate are worse in my humble opinion, at least some of those who don't have skill might try to help the team and learn the game and that is commendable.

I just hate when people hang around threads for games they made a big dramatic declaration that they quit. Its like a friend who went straight edge but keeps going to the bar to talk about how he's so above drinking now. Like just go away already and live ya life, dude.
Yeah, fair point.

On another note, I played against 6 Tracers today. *sigh*

zoukka

Man you done uninstalled the game for a full 24 hours now, we get it, you wasn't strong enough to hang with OW

go somewhere else then, with your whiny bald headed ass

I don't need your permission to post fuckface.

I enjoyed the game for hundreds of hours, I'll be lurking in the thread for as long as I like and I can reinstall the game in the future. The game itself is awesome, the online community not so much atm.

Nimby

Banned
Pickrates from the OW Open:

Code:
Lucio      - 95.04%
Zarya      - 83.08%
Ana        - 77.27%
Reinhardt  - 65.91%
Reaper     - 55.16%
Tracer     - 45.51%
Winston    - 39.62%
Mei        - 31.79%
Genji      - 24.63%
McCree     - 23.90%
Roadhog    - 20.20%
Zenyatta   - 18.14%
Hanzo      - 4.85%
Mercy      - 4.85%
Pharah     - 4.54%
D.Va       - 3.53%
Soldier 76 - 0.75%
Junkrat    - 0.69%
Bastion    - 0.43%
Widowmaker - 0.34%
Symmetra   - 0.12%
Torbjorn   - 0.00%

I can reinstall the game in the future

Oh, I know you will. Nobody who hangs around this long just quits cold turkey. You're mad right now, making excuses about player skill and blah blah blah. But eventually you'll buck up, and reinstall it. The real OW quitters just leave without making a big deal out of it.

Its like those people who talk about 'THATS IT IM OUT MEDIA BLACKOUT" but hang in the thread anyway. You aint foolin anybody.

And I get it, cuz there's no game that makes me as salty as Overwatch. Worst/Best game of 2016.

Code:
Lucio      - 95.04%
Zarya      - 83.08%
Ana        - 77.27%
Reinhardt  - 65.91%
Reaper     - 55.16%
Tracer     - 45.51%
Winston    - 39.62%
Mei        - 31.79%
Genji      - 24.63%
McCree     - 23.90%
Roadhog    - 20.20%
Zenyatta   - 18.14%
Hanzo      - 4.85%
Mercy      - 4.85%
Pharah     - 4.54%
D.Va       - 3.53%
Soldier 76 - 0.75%
Junkrat    - 0.69%
Bastion    - 0.43%
Widowmaker - 0.34%
Symmetra   - 0.12%
Torbjorn   - 0.00%

Dem Genji and Mei pickrates
👌👌👌

Im guessing most Genjis were from Shadowburn

And lol that one time Envyus picked Sym and the teleporter got blow 2seconds sfter it was put down.

Vol5

What a game. After last nights debacle (solo q) with non-existent team mates, we went 1 down on Li Jang and I'm thinking this is a train wreck. But then there's some positive subs from me and 2 other team mates half way through the second match and it turns in our favour. We win the next, they pull back for 2-2. We win the final match with a team kill and push them back for the last 20 or so percent. Good times.

Mendrox

Nah I'll just play MP games where individual skill matters more.

We understood it the first time baby. Sorry that you need a game where you can carry alone. Every MP game is toxic. Here people get banned if you report them. But as I said - the weak leave. That is okay.

I don't need your permission to post fuckface.

I enjoyed the game for hundreds of hours, I'll be lurking in the thread for as long as I like and I can reinstall the game in the future. The game itself is awesome, the online community not so much atm.

Of course you will but the community wont change on NA. Play on EU then if you csnnot handle kids and psychos online. Play League of Legends amd then come back here and complain again lol

Dem Genji and Mei pickrates
������

Im guessing most Genjis were from Shadowburn

And lol that one time Envyus picked Sym and the teleporter got blow 2seconds sfter it was put down.

Is there any link to the Sym match? I really wanna see how that all panned out lol.

I-hate-u

This game needs some new content, it's getting stagnate and the salt from competitive doesn't help.

Code:
Lucio      - 95.04%
Zarya      - 83.08%
Ana        - 77.27%
Reinhardt  - 65.91%
Reaper     - 55.16%
Tracer     - 45.51%
Winston    - 39.62%
Mei        - 31.79%
Genji      - 24.63%
McCree     - 23.90%
Roadhog    - 20.20%
Zenyatta   - 18.14%
Hanzo      - 4.85%
Mercy      - 4.85%
Pharah     - 4.54%
D.Va       - 3.53%
Soldier 76 - 0.75%
Junkrat    - 0.69%
Bastion    - 0.43%
Widowmaker - 0.34%
Symmetra   - 0.12%
Torbjorn   - 0.00%

Huge drop off from Hanzo and under. It's nice Symmetra changes are confirmed, but I wonder if Blizzard will ever do something about Torb.

zoukka

Of course you will but the community wont change on NA. Play on EU then if you csnnot handle kids and psychos online. Play League of Legends amd then come back here and complain again lol

I live in EU and it isn't a magical land full of positive multiplayer gamers lul.

Kito

Is there any link to the Sym match? I really wanna see how that all panned out lol.

The match was King's Row, Envy couldn't cap the objective in round 1, then in round 2 they picked Ana and Sym as support as some kind of last ditch strat. Bad enough that Ana was solo healing, but they also had a Junkrat. Sym farmed two teleporters; the first one's placement and destruction by Tracer was unseen, the second one spawned after the rest of Envy were dead and Reaper was shown killing Sym and the tp.

All of Envy's ults flopped, but people will laugh at Sym, despite that horrible comp, just because.

Skii

Lol @ all the people saying Hanzo is OP. Not even a 5% pick rate in the biggest Overwatch tournament so far.

Mei is still the biggest surprise of the tournament. But I guess when you can easily isolate an overextended Zarya/Reinhardt, it makes a lot of sense. I wonder what the pick rate was for Genji in the Atlanta showdown but it must've been at least 60%. Very big drop and it's clear that Blizzard have over nerfed him. There were a few decent plays but the fact that the likes of Seagull, Kyb, Tviq, Talespin etc. (big Genji players) all shied away from him shows how weak he is in this meta.

I wonder if Ana will still be preferred to Zenyatta after her changes. Probably but maybe Zenyatta offers more DPS per attack now.

Prelude.

I wonder what the pick rate was for Genji in the Atlanta showdown but it must've been at least 60%. Very big drop and it's clear that Blizzard have over nerfed him.
The nerf hurt for sure, but it's simply because the game switched to a tank-heavy meta. If there are no DPS Genji isn't that useful anymore.

I wonder if Ana will still be preferred to Zenyatta after her changes. Probably but maybe Zenyatta offers more DPS per attack now.

It's not a matter of individual character DPS between Ana and Zen. There's way more that puts her above Zen as a viable pick. Even if when her nerfed ult goes live she's still probably going to be picked alot.

1: Grenade is literally a hard counter to Zen's ult.
2: Sleep dart can counter many other ults as well as tilt a game into a 5v6
3: Better healing plus the ability to burst heal the team. With the current PTR patch, she can do this better with the wider grenade radius.
4: A nerfed ult charge still doesn't negate how good Ana's boost is. A boosted rein is scary. Just makes it less frequent.

Sure Ana's individual DPS my not be as good, but her actual impact to the fight is still far greater.

Mendrox

I live in EU and it isn't a magical land full of positive multiplayer gamers lul.

then you are unlucky mate. I have 200+ hours of play time and rarely see these types. Maybe you are the problem? Why do people insult you again? It is strange because in my MMR or ranked 2700+ there are not these people. Also you cannot read I never said that EU multiplayer gamers are positive but rather not - see League of Legends. That is a toxic game. You dont know the people that will spam you to bell after a match just because you missed one Q attack. LUL

Just stop complaining and play more and get good by muting people. The chat wheel is enough.

The match was King's Row, Envy couldn't cap the objective in round 1, then in round 2 they picked Ana and Sym as support as some kind of last ditch strat. Bad enough that Ana was solo healing, but they also had a Junkrat. Sym farmed two teleporters; the first one's placement and destruction by Tracer was unseen, the second one spawned after the rest of Envy were dead and Reaper was shown killing Sym and the tp.

All of Envy's ults flopped, but people will laugh at Sym, despite that horrible comp, just because.

Lol that sounds like it went exactly how you'd expect it to go, at least she's getting a buff.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ana is cancer is Arcade Mode.
Had an Ana sleep dart me for almost an entire minute when I was Genji last night, even goaded me in the match chat and did the teabag emote. My blessed random teammates noticed and saved me. I spent the rest of the game killing that Ana repeatedly and got PoTG.

Agreed.

I've been doing work with Winston in QP lately. Not sure I'd be willing to play him in competitive, I'm worried it'd be a disaster.
Yeah, Uncharted is the only other GOTY for me and it doesn't even come close to this for me. Never played Dark Souls 3, so can't say for that.

This year is gonna be a battle of OW vs BF1 for my GOTY.

I-hate-u

Ana is cancer is Arcade Mode.

Mei tho...

For me, it's definitely a Dark Souls 3 vs Overwatch conversation for GOTY.

I expected more out of 2016 though. SFV never hooked me like SFIV and was plagued with problems that made me lose faith in Capcom. U4 was such a disappointment, and my hype for TLG deflated a long time ago.

Yeah, Uncharted is the only other GOTY for me and it doesn't even come close to this for me. Never played Dark Souls 3, so can't say for that.

This year is gonna be a battle of OW vs BF1 for my GOTY.

It heart vs head in Uncharted v Overwatch and I go with my heart.

But from an outside perspective I'd definitely say that Uncharted is the best, most well made video game of the year.

Overwatch is just too fucking fun though.

It heart vs head in Uncharted v Overwatch and I go with my heart.

But from an outside perspective I'd definitely say that Uncharted is the best, most well made video game of the year.

Overwatch is just too fucking fun though.
Oh yeah, for sure. I cant think of any way they could of improved the Uncharted single player. It was gloriously perfect.

But OW has consumed me, so I have to give it to that lol.

We're all switching supports now.

I dunno man, at least supports in overwatch can kill. I've gotten a few potg today that's just me murking fools as zen.

Also I pull out my pistol pretty frequently as mercy.

Solo Zen healing, I had the ubiquitous "I need healing!" Genji, except that he kept hopping around in the front lines. Couldn't hit him, hit everyone else though. Finally hit him with an Orb and he instantly goes charging at a Zarya. Not how the Orb works, bruh.

Maybe all DPS should have to play an hour of each support before they can spam, "I need healing"? Dunno.

Nimby

Banned
Genji is still really good. Him and McCree were dropped in favor of Reaper and Mei to a lesser extent because of Ana+Tanks. After the next patch goes live, and if Ana strats diminish a bit, you'll definitely see more Genji and McCree.

I expect Mei to drop a bit, but hopefully pros find her kit useful enough to keep her in the meta. Ice Wall is such a versatile ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom