• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not get SR.

Win a match where we're underdogs by close to 50 points, I personally get zero medals: get 20 SR.
Lose a match where we're basically even, I personally get 4 medals: lose 20 SR.
Win a match where we're the expected winners by about 10 points, I personally get 3 medals: get 18 SR.

???

I don't understand.

When you're a lucio and is at silver elims and that is 5 and bronze damage...and your team has a junkrat, reaper, reinhardt, roadhog, zen....you have to wonder wtf your team is doing. Especially when the enemy has a pharmercy combo in the air...

A Pharmercy against that line-up, I'd guess they were dying a whole lot.

Skii

The nerf hurt for sure, but it's simply because the game switched to a tank-heavy meta. If there are no DPS Genji isn't that useful anymore.

But even when there was 2/2/2, Genji was rarely used to counter that. I think it's because Zenyatta is basically replaced by Ana and she can deal with Genji one on one a lot better than Zenyatta could.

It's not a matter of individual character DPS between Ana and Zen. There's way more that puts her above Zen as a viable pick. Even if when her nerfed ult goes live she's still probably going to be picked alot.

1: Grenade is literally a hard counter to Zen's ult.
2: Sleep dart can counter many other ults as well as tilt a game into a 5v6
3: Better healing plus the ability to burst heal the team. With the current PTR patch, she can do this better with the wider grenade radius.
4: A nerfed ult charge still doesn't negate how good Ana's boost is. A boosted rein is scary. Just makes it less frequent.

Sure Ana's individual DPS my not be as good, but her actual impact to the fight is still far greater.

I was mainly talking about KOTH. DPS is what that mode is all about. And I think Zenyatta still provides a lot more tools for the DPS to work with. He also gives Winston more survivability when jumping in.

I was mainly talking about KOTH. DPS is what that mode is all about. And I think Zenyatta still provides a lot more tools for the DPS to work with. He also gives Winston more survivability when jumping in.
Yeah, but Anas grenade benefits from this as well because everything is all grouped up the whole time and that also works better with nano boost. Sleep darts will probably be a little bit easier to land in all the chaos.

Dva's who still can't hit a sym circle strafing around her. -_-

Starting out as D.Va, Sym was the one who would make me panic, always hitting you, can't catch up to her. Like an angry wasp that insists on being out of your view as if buzzes you.
Hasn't been a problem for months now, but it was terrifying at first. Winston too: easy meat now, "OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK!" as a low-level D.Va.

xaosslug

Overwatch cannot be GOTY because it literally kicked my baby.

ur a Battleborn stan?
N7x0G4C.png

I had that last week on Nepal. Easy win, but it felt like I had ants crawling on me the entire time. Just unpleasant and twitchy.
Yeah we went Zarya, Torb, and had 3 Winstons and they couldn't do anything after that. Then they all went Reaper to counter our Winstons and still couldn't do shit lol.

Oh thank you Jesus. Eichenwalde, we only got the payload halfway across the bridge then had an amazing fucking hold for like 5 minutes to win it. Just one win but after the free fall I've been on it felt amazing. I plugged in the mic afterwards to thank everyone on the team, lol.

First Tracer competitive game in awhile.

xaosslug

tfw 3 Ana's terrorize you w/ sleep darts for a whole match but your team wins because stupid bully enemies + 3v5 = winz, and then one of the Ana's have the nerve to friend request you afterwards.

OGW2okU.gif

ohkay

For all you zen pros out there: how do you use your ult on attack, mainly payload? I feel like I hold onto it too long and use it too reactively

carlos

3-12 in competitive last night , 200 point drop, and this was after 7-0 in quick play (of course it was going to even out).

yeah SR is a weird beast to try to understand,
play badly, get blown out, lose 21 SR
Play great, lose tight game, lose 40 SR
wins get me about 27 SR

For all you zen pros out there: how do you use your ult on attack, mainly payload? I feel like I hold onto it too long and use it too reactively
I'm the same. I constantly have it. Then finally Zarya puts us in the Graviton, my time has come! Lucio pops sound barrier at the same time as I go Transendece and we lose both support ults. :/

It's great against Blizzard too. But I almost never use it unless I'm countering an ult. Which leads to me having it way to often.

Solo heal Ana on comp with 3 tanks and 2 DPS.

Nanoboost for days. by the time the first one wears out the 2nd one is at 75. Almost perma boost reinhardt

I usually either use trans when I'm countering an ult or if I see that two of my guys are critically injured, one of them being a tank. Don't know if that's the right thing though lol. Sometimes I just use it to save a single guy that's a tank.

ohkay

With Lucio, it makes a lot more sense of when to use it on offense to me. Just pop sound barrier and speed boost with your whole team when you're either pushing back onto the point/payload or the enemy team is grouping up to stop the payload/defend the point. With zen I'm at a loss at how to use it offensively, even though it's similar to sound barrier. Is it just generally a more reactive ult by nature?

KiraFA37

I usually either use trans when I'm countering an ult or if I see that two of my guys are critically injured, one of them being a tank. Don't know if that's the right thing though lol. Sometimes I just use it to save a single guy that's a tank.

Me too, only time I save it is when there is an enemy Zarya.

Playing Mercy in a comp match, the enemy Reaper, Reinhardt, and Winston repeatedly run straight past my team's front line and kill me. My team then calls for heals/rez, somehow not noticing that half the enemy team is behind them and just killed me. Again, and again. We get destroyed. At the end of the match: "Our Mercy wasn't very good."

NimbusD

Playing Mercy in a comp match, the enemy Reaper, Reinhardt, and Winston repeatedly run straight past my team's front line and kill me. My team then calls for heals/rez, somehow not noticing that half the enemy team is behind them and just killed me. Again, and again. We get destroyed. At the end of the match: "Our Mercy wasn't very good."
The best skill you can learn in games like that is know to switch.

Mercy can't reliably defend herself, but she can be a bonus to teams who protect her, she has the highest rate of heal and a damage boost
But if you're dead you can't do anything. So switch to someone who can escape or defend themselves. You won't heal as much, actually no, you'll heal more because you'll be alive.

Welcome to solo q.

xaosslug

Well you've already slept together, might as well accept it.

forcibly. T__T I can't be friends w/ a peep who ganged up on someone for no other reason but to be cruel (in an actual game no less, not skirmish shenanigans). It wasn't 1v1 and I wasn't even doing anything - literally walked out of spawn on King's Row and got as far as the red bus and BOOM. smh

forcibly. T__T I can't be friends w/ a peep who ganged up on someone for no other reason but to be cruel (in an actual game no less, not skirmish shenanigans). It wasn't 1v1 and I wasn't even doing anything - literally walked out of spawn on King's Row and got as far as the red bus and BOOM. smh
Omg ok that does suck a bit. Nvm :p

Prelude.

When's the brawl gonna end? I'm forcing myself to not play the game, but I wanna try a few games in the brawl before it ends.

Farewell

Haha that's why i took a little break from the game.

3-12 in competitive last night , 200 point drop, and this was after 7-0 in quick play (of course it was going to even out).

yeah SR is a weird beast to try to understand,
play badly, get blown out, lose 21 SR
Play great, lose tight game, lose 40 SR
wins get me about 27 SR

I just got 2 SR from a win. 2. I'm not even Platinum, that shouldn't happen.

xaosslug

thought: what if Sombra's ult is that she can morph into any character that isn't taken by a team member w/o returning to spawn and w/ all their abilities except ult? >_>

xaosslug

Acade is sooooooooooooo addictive! I can't quit it. QP just doesn't cut it anymore. WTF am I gonna do w/ myself when it's gonzo? T__T

UFMTZoy.gif

Azoor

If they brought back this, they should bring back mystery hero, it was my favorite.

It trained me for the heroes back when I started playing the game.

Jesus.
3346 to 3106

I can't put together any wins lately. I need a two or three stack to play with.

To me sunday has been a pretty terrible day for playing if I am soloQ. I started today around 2900 and at one point I was nearing 26XX with some really terrible losses. Thankfully got a few wins that brought me back to 28XX. Last sunday I lost around 200 SR too. You see a lot of new players, they definitely should increase the level needed to play comp.

I've seen two things that I thought it was impossible to happen. First a level 10 player playing comp (he was in a group) and second a Master player soloQ in the same game. Isn't there a 500SR limit for preventing this? Not that I mind, since those games are always better than the norm.

Same here, Reinhardt being the most important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom