• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love pushing the cart all the way through overtime.

Usually the other team gets so demoralised they start bickering in all chat haha.

I love it when I'm in overtime and I'm the only one on the payload while my team just sits over there and watches.

Love it

I love it when it's overtime and the enemy team is able to kill every single one of us and then the game ends because they are just outside of the point xD

Azoor

I love it when I'm in overtime and I'm the only one on the payload while my team just sits over there and watches.

Love it

I once pushed the payload from the second point in Numbani all the way to the end by myself. The rest were busy fighting eachother.

Moonkeis

DVA bomb comes in, it's an open area, I shield as much of the team as possible, and this idiot Lucio who doesn't even bother with speed boost starts crying about not using the shield... I can't wait for the day when there is a replay feature. I come across the rare 2% of OW players that just want to have a good time, and the rest of the matches are filled with people who take zero accountability, always ready to put the blame on others.

I love pushing the cart all the way through overtime.

Usually the other team gets so demoralised they start bickering in all chat haha.
I wish I could have that happen to me ):
I love it when it's overtime and the enemy team is able to kill every single one of us and then the game ends because they are just outside of the point xD
And this....
I once pushed the payload from the second point in Numbani all the way to the end by myself. The rest were busy fighting eachother.
And this ;____;

I usually take too much of the blame for myself. :x I'm not good enough to spot good team synergy (though I can spot HORRIBLE synergy lol), so usually I find myself what I could've done better at the end of games.

xaosslug

so awesome being 60 seconds from overtime on Hollywood, and returning from spawn in time to see ur teammate McCree jump off the payload (a few inches from the 2nd point!) to chase after an enemy Mei... and just as you land on the payload to push it the rest of the way the Mei and all her friends return to swarm you to death... DEFEAT.
smileyblackfills5qsy.gif

Does anyone else think that the area covered by Mei's ultimate is fucking ridiculous? Its bigger than the whole objective point for christ sakes, and many characters just don't have any ways to escape from it. Lost so many games to that BS. And for some reason the other team almost has a Mei and my team doesn't.

Despite that, I still think the title for most annoying hero goes yo the disgrace that is Junkrat. Just had a match where we heard "ladies and gentlemen, start your engines". And everyone on my team just bails out of the point, leaving ot open for an easy capture for the other team. The game has officially provoked PTSD on people with that ultimate.

Antiwhippy

That's just them doing what they're designed to do.

If defense characters can't defend a point than what's the point?

Azoor

Been trying to think of what kind of Halloween skins the characters might have, I thought of these :

- Witch Mercy
- Headless horsman Reinhardt
- Skeleton Zenyatta
- Vampire Widowmaker
- Fairy Pharah
- Frankenstein Torb
- Mannequin Symmetra
- Boogyman Roadhog

What you guys think, what kind of crazy ideas Blizzard have for us ?

Antiwhippy

FWIW, there are ways to counter them. Mei you better hope you have a zarya with bubbles off cooldown or a zen ult, but once you hear her call her ult out just start spreading because she calls her's out pretty early.

Junkrat get good at shooting it down. Teams should be able to destroy it if they focus on it.

Been trying to think of what kind of Halloween skins the characters might have, I thought of these :

- Witch Mercy
- Skeleton Zenyatta
- Vampire Widowmaker
- Fairy Pharah
- Frankenstein Torb
- Mannequin Symmetra
- Boogyman Roadhog

The most terrifying thing of them all.

Absolutely nothing.

Prelude.

Despite that, I still think the title for most annoying hero goes yo the disgrace that is Junkrat. Just had a match where we heard "ladies and gentlemen, start your engines". And everyone on my team just bails out of the point, leaving ot open for an easy capture for the other team. The game has officially provoked PTSD on people with that ultimate.
You mean a friendly Junkrat's ult? Your team isn't the brightest.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

- Witch Mercy
- Skeleton Zenyatta
- Vampire Widowmaker
- Fairy Pharah
- Frankenstein Torb
- Mannequin Symmetra
- Boogyman Roadhog

My meta hope is they have them dress as each other alongside traditional choices, at this point I'm ready for whatever they've got planned.

Love it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYt7vByulVQ Still relevant.

- Witch Mercy
- Skeleton Zenyatta
- Vampire Widowmaker
- Fairy Pharah
- Frankenstein Torb
- Mannequin Symmetra
- Boogyman Roadhog

Blizz would be clueless if there wasn't a Reaper one. He's like.....edgy, so...you know.

exYle

- Witch Mercy
- Skeleton Zenyatta
- Vampire Widowmaker
- Fairy Pharah
- Frankenstein Torb
- Mannequin Symmetra
- Boogyman Roadhog

Magician Genji!

I once won a competitive match as Tracer because the entire enemy team had overextended to try and box us in at the final spawn, and I managed to sneak around and push the payload to the finish without them able to get back in time.

After taking a 2 day break from Overwatch, first match of the day is a torbjorn and widowmaker on offense.

I can't guys...............I just can't

👏🏼I👏🏼want👏🏼more👏🏼Symmetra👏🏼skins👏🏼Blizzard👏🏼

I feel like they'll probably only have new skins for 3-4 characters. And then new colours for the rest (again). I just can't see them dropping 10+ costumes at once tbh.

Anne

First wave of competitive leagues are done for Overwatch which basically means it's time to start betting on who gets dropped/moved/picked up on the major teams. Nobody is locked in by league rules anymore.

Antiwhippy

Weirdly enough i think nrg performef above expectations enough that i think they won't get changed? Maybe my expectations were lower than the management though.

I can't see cloud9 surviving intact.

I-hate-u

First wave of competitive leagues are done for Overwatch which basically means it's time to start betting on who gets dropped/moved/picked up on the major teams. Nobody is locked in by league rules anymore.

The real question is when's Moonmoon is going to play in leagues. He is like in the top 3 of popular OW players. It doesn't hurt that he is really good too.

xaosslug

- Witch Mercy
- Skeleton Zenyatta
- Vampire Widowmaker
- Fairy Pharah
- Frankenstein Torb
- Mannequin Symmetra
- Boogyman Roadhog

Naruto Genji
Sasuke Hanzo
Gundam D.Va
Mounty McCree
Pirate Ana

The real question is when's Moonmoon is going to play in leagues. He is like in the top 3 of popular OW players. It doesn't hurt that he is really good too.
He doesn't want to do that stuff because he'd rather just be a streamer. When he was nominated for the World Cup, he declined. He will never go pro.
Weirdly enough i think nrg performef above expectations enough that i think they won't get changed? Maybe my expectations were lower than the management though.

I can't see cloud9 surviving intact.
Inb4 NRG gets rid of another support XD

In reality, I don't see them dropping anyone. They're all fantastic players, they just can't get the right synergy. They would easily be a top 5 team if they could get that down.

aeolist

Banned
Wasted potential :(

not really, he's good but not top-tier and he knows it. plus the pro lifestyle is pretty different from casual streaming with friends and has a lot more stress involved and unless he managed to get into a championship team he'd make way less money.

not really, he's good but not top-tier and he knows it. plus the pro lifestyle is pretty different from casual streaming with friends and has a lot more stress involved and unless he managed to get into a championship team he'd make way less money.
I can't imagine how much money Seagull would make if he streamed full time.

aeolist

Banned
I can't imagine how much money Seagull would make if he streamed full time.

seagull seems like he's balancing between the two enough to make a decent living and if the pro scene grows he's well positioned to be on high placing teams for a while so he's kind of playing the long game

he's probably more competitive than moon too

Antiwhippy

I do wonder how overwatch will grow as a esports. There seems to be a lot of investment in it but the stream numbers aren't super amazing for it. Then again it's still pretty young, and the scheduling for the eleague has been weird to say the least.

exYle

Aside from what everyone else has mentioned about Moonmoon not being interested in the pro scene, I'd say he's known more for his personality and memes than his skill. He's great, but other pros who stream are watched specifically for their skill. He's an entertainer - pro scene's not for him.

Odrion

Banned
I do wonder how overwatch will grow as a esports. There seems to be a lot of investment in it but the stream numbers aren't super amazing for it. Then again it's still pretty young, and the scheduling for the eleague has been weird to say the least.
Watching pros play Overwatch isn't really the most exhilarating thing. I mean, sometimes there's some cool stuff but the skill ceiling is fairly lower on this game than say, Dota or Team Fortress 2. Oh man, that guy is so accurate as McCree...? Those guys sure are pressing their Qs...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom