• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Sym on Numbani attack the other day, and my teleporter saved that game for us. Unfortunately, in a game where people had some common sense, the tele would have been destroyed very quickly as it was just right off the final point in the side room. The teleporter in that situation was extremely powerful, Blizzard just needs to make the teleporter perform this way all the time.

The enemy team kept reinforcing the point on defense, and the teleporter evened up playing field and we endured.

When the game hits overtime and the defense is just a continuous straight rush to the payload/point, a decently hidden teleporter can provide a world of difference for the attackers because the team doesn't have time to hunt the teleporter, especially if it's a trickle situation where there are only 1-2 defenders on the point.

Skii

Just played the most depressing game in competitive. It's Kings Row and we finish the map on attack with 4 minutes to spare whilst the opposition finish it with only 1.30 minutes left. So naturally you'd assume we'd win this but nope, the soldier on our team who was absolutely owning decided to go Torbjorn and we had no counter to the opposition's Pharah. They manage to complete the map again in overtime whilst we can't even cap the first point. I tried to take down the Pharah as McCree but I can't deal enough damage with her Mercy healing her. I know I need to have better aim but it's so annoying that the Soldier on our team single-handedly cost us the game.

At least today's games ended 2-1 so I gained SR.

ohkay

Just played the most depressing game in competitive. It's Kings Row and we finish the map on attack with 4 minutes to spare whilst the opposition finish it with only 1.30 minutes left. So naturally you'd assume we'd win this but nope, the soldier on our team who was absolutely owning decided to go Torbjorn and we had no counter to the opposition's Pharah. They manage to complete the map again in overtime whilst we can't even cap the first point. I tried to take down the Pharah as McCree but I can't deal enough damage with her Mercy healing her. I know I need to have better aim but it's so annoying that the Soldier on our team single-handedly cost us the game.
This sounds exactly like my last game last night, but on Numbani, and the enemy team finished the map the first time in overtime, so they full capped in round 2 with 1 minute. It's so frustrating to lose like that when it looks like it should be a win

Okay I guess my Genij isn't as bad as I thought... Though maybe I need to dive into enemy teams trying to strangle Mercy less. [competitive stats]

I think my Dva isn't as good as I'd like her to be because I switch to her when things are already going horribly.

I also pretty much switch characters on command so idgaf.

mollipen

Playing Mercy in a comp match, the enemy Reaper, Reinhardt, and Winston repeatedly run straight past my team's front line and kill me. My team then calls for heals/rez, somehow not noticing that half the enemy team is behind them and just killed me. Again, and again. We get destroyed. At the end of the match: "Our Mercy wasn't very good."

My experience is Season 2 as a Mercy main is why I'm currently using that as my avatar.

Hey guys,

Sick of playing with terrible random players on PS4!

Is there a gaf overwatch group? Or can I add anyone who plays well, looking to get out of silver competitive.

I'm often on after I put the family to bed. PalaceBrother. I'm mostly doing comp these days and sitting around 1900 as I claw my way back to gold.

As a person in Gold, what IS the way to deal with Zarya? Is the answer literally just "Don't hit her shield"? I've never really figured out if there's any character that really counters her.

As someone who usually picks Zarya, the thing I fear most is a one-on-one Mei. Tracer too but far less so. When I run into them I'm immediately hoping I have a teammate I can bubble and get assistance from.

Anne

A lot of people thought Lucio would be out after he was nerfed due to Ana combos being mad good. It turns out as long as his speed exists he'll always just be required unless another mobility augmenting character is introduced :T

A lot of people thought Lucio would be out after he was nerfed due to Ana combos being mad good. It turns out as long as his speed exists he'll always just be required unless another mobility augmenting character is introduced :T
I wonder how you could give that skill to others without just making them a carbon copy. Single target speed boost? Would that even be useful?

DevilDog

Man upper Diamond on PC is so hard. Teams communicate a shit ton and pro tf2 players everywhere.
I've been seeing insane strats, insane coordination and frankly it's near impossible to carry with dps anymore.

Tanks are really gamechangers here.

Oh boy was I on a ROLL last night! After seeing my rank drop to 2352 from a losing streak, I took a few days off of playing and have pretty much stuck to Forza. Last night though, I had a feeling, a good one. Like something was going to go right. So I started Overwatch and went right into Competitive.

I proceeded to go on a 6 game win streak before taking my first loss of the night. I stuck to playing mostly tank characters for the majority of the night and it payed off way better than I could have imagined. I must have had 4 PoTM as Reinhardt alone and got another with D.Va. I blocked so much damage for my teams to be able to do their thing and even distracted the entire enemy team as Reinhardt one game and pulled them off the payload in overtime so they couldn't get to it. Even the few games I played healer were fun and I probably pulled my most well timed ultimates in some time.

After 15 games I had 11 wins and 4 losses. I shot up from 2352 to 2681. Feels. Good. Man.

Blues1990

I wonder how you could give that skill to others without just making them a carbon copy. Single target speed boost? Would that even be useful?

I REALLY don't want a FTSL Tracer or Genji causing mayhem. Especially when they are pumped up with Ana's Ultimate and have their respective ult's prep and ready.

exYle

Goddamn it

I was writing down a prescription receipt to claim for my work's insurance

And I wrote down that it came from a pharmercy

FUCK

mjc

Do any of you guys have video-related issues where the screen will go black but the UI will still be present? Or the colors in the game will go yellow/blue for a period, but stay normal on death cams or options screens? I'm hoping they're bugs and not something on my laptop dying..

Oh boy was I on a ROLL last night! After seeing my rank drop to 2352 from a losing streak, I took a few days off of playing and have pretty much stuck to Forza. Last night though, I had a feeling, a good one. Like something was going to go right. So I started Overwatch and went right into Competitive.

I proceeded to go on a 6 game win streak before taking my first loss of the night. I stuck to playing mostly tank characters for the majority of the night and it payed off way better than I could have imagined. I must have had 4 PoTM as Reinhardt alone and got another with D.Va. I blocked so much damage for my teams to be able to do their thing and even distracted the entire enemy team as Reinhardt one game and pulled them off the payload in overtime so they couldn't get to it. Even the few games I played healer were fun and I probably pulled my most well timed ultimates in some time.

After 15 games I had 11 wins and 4 losses. I shot up from 2352 to 2681. Feels. Good. Man.

Awesome, the story we all wish we could share.
I'd agree that it does help playing in bursts with gaps inbetween right now.
Even if my first match today involved the likes of a Reaper that teleports onto points occupied by the enemy team in plain sight of ALL OF THEM, my healing cannot save your stupidity Reaper!

ISOM

I think his passive heal is underrated, that is probably why he's still in the meta so much including the speedboost.

Even if my first match today involved the likes of a Reaper that teleports onto points occupied by the enemy team in plain sight of ALL OF THEM, my healing cannot save your stupidity Reaper!

so 2 or 3 patches later i try the game again. hit boxes still broken, walls still broken, game cant properly send damage packets, netcode abysmal, worst and most skillless community of idiots ive ever seen. none of them have learned anything since competitive season 1. no thx

so 2 or 3 patches later i try the game again. hit boxes still broken, walls still broken, game cant properly send damage packets, netcode abysmal, worst and most skillless community of idiots ive ever seen. none of them have learned anything since competitive season 1. no thx
What. How are walls broken lol.

And I think this game has great netcode. But maybe that's because I've experienced BF4 netcode.

Also, thx for calling us all skilless idiots, appreciate it :)

finalflame

Hopefully that means this time you're giving up for good! :)

Salarians

unless another mobility augmenting character is introduced :T
tumblr_o7utje6kHx1vvmmd2o1_1280.png

Clydefrog

Goddamn it

I was writing down a prescription receipt to claim for my work's insurance

And I wrote down that it came from a pharmercy

FUCK

Haha!

I had a dream that I was sleeping when a huge earthquake woke me up. Everything was crumbling when a huge Pharah-like creature emerged from some rubble. I rolled over to my dresser and put on my McCree clothes and fought the damn thing while running around a crumbling house-map. Meanwhile, one of my friends who I regularly play with could be overheard as a voice from the sky "CMON kill her! God you suck"

What. How are walls broken lol.

And I think this game has great netcode. But maybe that's because I've experienced BF4 netcode.

Also, thx for calling us all skilless idiots, appreciate it :)

couple examples. you an just sit behind a wall as roadhog and throw hooks even if the wall is completely blocking vision of the enemy. if you get knocked airborne near a wall you will often just glitch inside of it and cant do anything except wait to die. explosions randomly deal spalsh damage trhu walls

Thanks! I've really started to think that way as well. I've also started either taking short breaks or stopping outright after two straight losses. There's a pattern I've been having with this game in competitive where two losses in a row only lead to more.

And I know all about those situations like yours with the Reaper. Lately I've had games where half my team is running around places I can't get to fast enough while they spam "I need healing" right after apparently not noticing I was sniped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom