• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
couple examples. you an just sit behind a wall as roadhog and throw hooks even if the wall is completely blocking vision of the enemy. if you get knocked airborne near a wall you will often just glitch inside of it and cant do anything except wait to die. explosions randomly deal spalsh damage trhu walls
I've literally never had any of that happen.

Plesiades

Do you guys think we will have to wait until Blizzcon for SOMBRA reveal?

She still needs to INSTALL what is being uploaded... ;)

We'll probably get some info when the upload ends, but I think they need something huge for Blizzcon and this is it. Unless they unveil a second character... Anything can happen!

so youre just going to flat out lie? shit happens all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEMPE6YCOc8

those dont all fall into that specific scenario(many of them do) but it shows without a doubt what a broken piece of shit the game is

its nearly impossible not to actually laugh out loud at blizzards massive level of incompetence
Nope, I don't recall ever having that happen to me and I main Roadhog. Shit is rare as fuck anyways.

If you think the game is a broken piece of shit because of that ONE thing, then you're gonna have a lot of problems with MP games because I've seen FAR more broken shit in a game.

This game is very well done and fairly polished imo.

Also lmao at blizzards "incompetence". That is even more laughable. Blizzard is probably one of the best developers out there and have created some of the most popular games out there. WoW, Hearthstone, Diablo, and now this. All of them addictive as shit.

You have to realize this is also Blizzards very first FPS and they've already sold more copies than most games.

Nope, I don't recall ever having that happen to me and I main Roadhog. Shit is rare as fuck anyways.

If you think the game is a broken piece of shit because of that ONE thing, then you're gonna have a lot of problems with MP games because I've seen FAR more broken shit in a game.

rare lolol. theres thousands of videos on youtube on it. heres another showing blizzards sheer idiocy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlW8SDG4DCY

you can find thousands of videos like this for most of the characters in the game since almost everything is so broken.

multiplayer games are almost all i play and this shit is not standard fare. outside of the crashing, its worse than bf4 was at launch. sales also dont = quality

The countdown ends Oct. 17, so I expect there to be some reveal there.

My prediction for when she's released live (PC) on November 1st is looking more like the actual target date for her live release.

Before anyone asks why November 1st... it's Día de Muertos (mexican holiday), given how well Blizzard handles details, this seems very likely that as to when she releases on the live servers. More than likely she'll be in PTR for at least a week and a half, if Ana is a good indication from PTR -> Live.

She still needs to INSTALL what is being uploaded... ;)

We'll probably get some info when the upload ends, but I think they need something huge for Blizzcon and this is it. Unless they unveil a second character... Anything can happen!

They could release a shadow figures of characters for the upcoming year?
Maybe tease a map or two as well.

Owzers

Tracer is a menace, she must be stopped.

Went 2-2 in comp with a biscuit and wizard ( but maybe not thewizard?), one of the losses had a good Tracer and especially hurt.

I'm also increasingly pessimistic on payload Symmetras.

rare lolol. theres thousands of videos on youtube on it. heres another showing blizzards sheer idiocy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlW8SDG4DCY

you can find thousands of videos like this for most of the characters in the game since almost everything is so broken
Sounds like you're just a Blizzard hater. If you think every game is supposed to be perfect only 5? months after release, you are going to hate every game that is ever released. This game is more well done than a lot of other games I've played after 5 months.

And just because there are, supposedly, 1000s of videos, doesn't mean it's still not rare.

joanot

I bought the game after the free weekend and was a little bit concerned about playing solo, I was having fun alone in quick play but after playing some matches with friends... omg , this shit is so much fun : O being able to do coop plays, coordinating your next moves, helping each other... o/ this opens so many playstyles and options <3

I feel proud of insignificant plays like coordinating ults lol, cleaning the house with Mei & D.va:

https://twitter.com/joanotvlc/status/783052597666119681

Had a blast with Roadhog + Mercy combo too, enemy team didnt touch the control zone once.

xaosslug

so 2 or 3 patches later i try the game again. hit boxes still broken, walls still broken, game cant properly send damage packets, netcode abysmal, worst and most skillless community of idiots ive ever seen. none of them have learned anything since competitive season 1. no thx

i don't mean to pile on, and no offence but it seems like you're the one that hasn't learned anything if the game is still matching you w/ the same quality of peeps...

jdRmnMm.gif

idk, but my guess is that it's going at a certain pace and it's expected to reach 100% by that date.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm guessing the Halloween update is going to be next week, but I guess it would make sense for the Sombra reveal to not come with the event - Sombra will likely come with overall balance changes and go to PTR first, while the event would probably go live immediately.

so youre just going to flat out lie? shit happens all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEMPE6YCOc8

those dont all fall into that specific scenario(many of them do) but it shows without a doubt what a broken piece of shit the game is

its nearly impossible not to actually laugh out loud at blizzards massive level of incompetence

None of what you said has happened to me either. Massive level of incompetence is a massive level of exaggeration - Overwatch is a very smooth game overall. Weird glitches are to be expected in complicated games and Blizzard has fixed a lot that have come up.

It looks like you're just looking for reasons to hate the game.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm guessing the Halloween update is going to be next week, but I guess it would make sense for the Sombra reveal to not come with the event - Sombra will likely come with overall balance changes and go to PTR first, while the event would probably go live immediately.

None of what you said has happened to me either. Massive level of incompetence is a massive level of exaggeration - Overwatch is a very smooth game overall. Weird glitches are to be expected in complicated games and Blizzard has fixed a lot that have come up.

It looks like you're just looking for reasons to hate the game.

how is this a complicated game?

i don't mean to pile on, and no offence but it seems like you're the one that hasn't learned anything if the game is still matching you w/ the same quality of peeps...

jdRmnMm.gif

granted i only got placed in mid diamond(3400s) but still

It's a massively team based game about countering other people and using ult synergy and having great situational awareness, how is it not complicated?

Im talking about from a development standpoint. What is the game doing thats so advanced/complex that the massive brokenness ofeverything is justified, its not like this is some massive 64 player sandbox environment with destruction

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Im talking about from a development standpoint. What is the game doing thats so advanced/complex that the massive brokenness ofeverything is justified, its not like this is some massive 64 player sandbox environment with destruction

Because there is no massive brokenness of everything?

Unless some, some roadhog hooks somehow constitutes everything overwatch is.

komaruR

What's that?

it seems like the glitch is if the you join the person (req join or join) who just as he/she press the button to mm comp. they were communicating thru voice chat to try get the player join right when they press mm to comp.

the disadvantage is the mmr will be base on the leader and it wont average out with the glitch player joins.
thus if like say diamond mmr, but a silver rank join, the silver might have a tough time against the higher rank players.

Prelude.

it seems like the glitch is if the you join the person (req join or join) who just as he/she press the button to mm comp. they were communicating thru voice chat to try get the player join right when they press mm to comp.

the disadvantage is the mmr will be base on the leader and it wont average out with the glitch player joins.
thus if like say diamond mmr, but a silver rank join, the silver might have a tough time against the higher rank players.
The silver rank should get a shitload of points if they win, though, right?

Ok now you're just finding things to say that about hating OW.

Seriously we get it, you hate the game. Just leave and be done with it, we don't need to hear this.

And there is no massive brokenness. You are the only person I've ever heard say that.

Overwatch has run smooth has fuck since launch and it's polish is one of the best things about it. Especially in this era of games being completely broken at launch, that dude is obviously trolling.

komaruR

The silver rank should get a shitload of points if they win, though, right?

yea but its gonna be a hard fight if the silver is not paying his/her dues too. usually the recommendation is that silver be lucio. as lucio is easier to stay alive, while contributing with heals and open up the other roles for better players

Antiwhippy

Problem with sym is that even if the teleporter is up for all 6 charges, other support characters can build up multiple team saving ults in between match start and the time it takes for her to get to her second teleporter.

And that's assuming the other team is incompetent enough to let the teleporter remain up.

Also they just provide more utility than she does anyway.

Skii

Thanks Nunes (I think it was you lol) for the games. We started roughly but got a couple of wins in the end. That Hanumura game was so disappointing. I think we'd have won that had a player not left us. It was really close but had no chance 5v6.

And that last game on Numbani. Man. How we managed to pull out a win after getting absolutely demolished on our initial defence is beyond me. I guess that's proof enough that you should never give up.

Hopefully we can play more tomorrow :)

Antiwhippy

And if symmetra is accompanied by 2 healers, who is she replacing? DPS? Tank? She can't really take place of either.

antitrop

And if symmetra is accompanied by 2 healers, who is she replacing? DPS? Tank? She can't really take place of either.
Zenyatta and Ana are way easier to get kills with, too. Sym just has no place. She can't heal, she can barely kill people, 25 shields are gone if someone sneezes on you, and her Teleport is like a shitty Resurrect.

I have an idea for Symm's TP:

What if when she has a TP up, she can still charge her ult, but instead of gradually increasing, it gradually decreases when her TP is up so that she can't build up another TP and have it ready as soon as the first one is down. If that's too much, they can make it where it doesn't decrease, but caps at 50% when she has a TP up. So this allows her to get continuous TPs a lot faster.

aeolist

Banned
symmetra changes depend on whether blizzard cares about her being in the pro meta

if they do she has to be reworked, pro matches are and probably always will be 6v6 teamfights with the winner taking advantage and the teleporter does absolutely nothing

if they don't she can get some buffs and be fine

Prelude.

I think a relatively easy way to improve her teleporter would be just having it work in two steps and closer to a Mercy res. She could place an indestructible/invisible "base" on the ground that can be activated when she needs to. It'd solve the issue of being up for no reason, vulnerable to the enemies, and she wouldn't need to save it for the right moment only to not have enough time to go back to the right spot to put it down because the enemy's snowballing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think a relatively easy way to improve her teleporter would be just having it work in two steps and closer to a Mercy res. She could place an indestructible/invisible "base" on the ground that can be activated when she needs to. It'd solve the issue of being up for no reason, vulnerable to the enemies, and she wouldn't need to save it for the right moment only to not have enough time to go back to the right spot to put it down because the enemy's snowballing.

Yeah, I would like something like this. Imagine if during the defense setup she could set the base of the TP in a spot already, then when her ult is ready just hit the button to activate it. Would be way less clunky since she otherwise has to back off from the fight to do anything, and isn't as much of a disaster when she gets picked off before placing the tele.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Also lmao at blizzards "incompetence". That is even more laughable. Blizzard is probably one of the best developers out there and have created some of the most popular games out there. WoW, Hearthstone, Diablo, and now this. All of them addictive as shit.

You have to realize this is also Blizzards very first FPS and they've already sold more copies than most games.

Tbf his hooks have been kind of wonky ever since they "fixed" it. Played Roadhog yesterday and got a bunch of cheesy hook kills.

Calling the game broken is a bit ridiculous, though, since it's a super polished experience overall.

Thanks Nunes (I think it was you lol) for the games. We started roughly but got a couple of wins in the end. That Hanumura game was so disappointing. I think we'd have won that had a player not left us. It was really close but had no chance 5v6.

And that last game on Numbani. Man. How we managed to pull out a win after getting absolutely demolished on our initial defence is beyond me. I guess that's proof enough that you should never give up.

Hopefully we can play more tomorrow :)

Almost, Nunes is actually a very common name where I live xD

Yeah, that game was a shame, after so much hard work to get that second point, then that guy left when we were really solid defending the first point. Happened to me a few days ago (server error) while I was playing with optimus so I can't blame him, since it probably wasn't his fault :\

The game on Numbani was unbelievable, I wonder why that dude picked Widowmaker on the first round? I checked his profile and he only had 9m with her. What the hell?

I died so many times as Tracer tough, I swear my head was a magnet today :'(

Tomorrow I will be on around the same time I think, ggs!

You know,I use Sym prettt effectively on control point.

So long as you get a fast enough ultimate, you can just hide the teleporter even halfway and you'll help the team a lot.

Turret cooldown sucks though. I need Lucio to boost me to the objective so that I can set up

Antiwhippy

I mean thing is we're talking about higher level play. Lower level play whatever, just play what you're comfortable with is my belief as long as the comp makes sense.

exYle

I find as long as there's two healers and at least one tank, I'm comfortable with most comps. I love 2/2/2, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom