• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it wasnt broken crap, highlight videos of skillful roadhog hooks would probably show up
You do realize there are glitches that actually screw you out of a kill with his hook, right? Now that I've had happen to me.

Seriously, just go play some other fucking game. You clearly hate this one and think it's the worst thing ever. People like you, people who thinks nothing is ever there fault, shouldn't even be playing this damn game in the first place because this is a team game, not a "everything is me" game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You realize the team who does shit faster wins?

People on the last page claimed what i said about roadhogs hook being broken was bullshit because they use him all the time and it never happens. Yet if you go into youtube and search for "roadhog hook" all you get is videos of how broken it is. Hence my statement

His hook has wonky moments but people are going to save and upload the weird ones, not the ones that work fine. It could proportionally happen a small amount of the time and still have a lot of videos just due to the sheer amount of people playing the game, which doesn't mean the entire thing is a broken piece of shit or whatever you kept saying.

guys you should really listen to icecold. he's an expert on video game balance. see this post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199272012&postcount=9509

that link would probably work better if most of the players downing me werent a couple thousand ladder points below me :/

Well, that pretty much sums it all up.

Seriously Ice, if you think Roadhog is so "broken", then show me how many hours you have on him so I can see that you actually know what you're talking about(which seems very unlikely at this point).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlW8SDG4DCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEMPE6YCOc8

So I looked up "Roadhogs hook" on YouTube to see if that guy was being truthful by saying every video was about the "broken" hook.

Only about half of the videos were about that. The other half were actual montages and tips videos.

LOL

Mendrox

A mei counter would be more like a counter to "oh man i gotta get out of this 3 v 6 situation - WHY IS THERE A WALL IN MY WAY I CAN'T ESCAPE AHHHHHJJJJ"

Now that I think about it..let Doomfist have a Magma skill which can immediately burn down a wall. Let him have a shield which burns and hurts enemies nearby. Would work with him being melee. Finally a counter for fucking Mei too.

Yes because your rank totally determines how much you understand about the game and it's balance *rolls eyes*

david-spade-it-kinda-does-o.gif

Alucrid

Banned
actually roadhog's hook is broken. so are the walls. and the hitboxes. you know, icecold, this game sucks. maybe you should go back to sfv

Nimby

Banned
Pretty much because...

25 shields is just not a relevant amount of shields.

Even then, pressing 'E' on each person with no cooldown and no incentive to prioritize shields for certain allies makes shields an overblown passive ability.

She needs some actual support on par with healing.

Mendrox

videos are irrefutable proof. btw what competitive level are you? master or better im assuming?

So where are your stats master? :p it's okay to call roadhogs hooks bullshit because they still are sometimes with lag and Blizzard will surely fix it further, but shitting on Team mates because they wont change after two minutes? Get out with that toxic crap. You help people more by talking nicely. You know there are some people like in normal life that arr anxious playing ranked? No? How about you support your teammates with things like "hey guys we should switch out a a blablabla with blablabla I could take blabla if nobody can play something else good" - or anything else that will improve the mood of the Team.

People will then start to focus more and sometimes that is already enough to change the tieds of war. Toxic comments just keep the mood down and lets everyone play worse. If you cannot manage this you should play other games ala Cod where something like this doesnt mattter.

Once a minute or 2 of futility has gone by and they wont see reason, yes i do let them know they suck.

Yeah its bullshit. Just like those roadhog hook issues that NEVER happen even tho people play roadhog ALL the time

Wow. My goal for this season was to push up to Diamond, getting better with more characters on the way. But I really don't want to play there if there are people like you who ever- EVER- think it's okay to be shitty to someone you're playing a god-damned game with because you think you're superior.

You should probably just go. Overwatch is clearly beneath your high standards in every way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Even then, pressing 'E' on each person with no cooldown and no incentive to prioritize shields for certain allies makes shields an overblown passive ability.

She needs some actual support on par with healing.

Maybe she can use that building ability of hers to build a stealth cloak for other people and herself.

Also seeing that she's tech related maybe she can hack abilities in a way?

Something to think about.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
When I use my casual genji but do really good but not good enough: https://youtu.be/-r70WziEOBw
That reaper spent 5 shots trying to kill the junkrat.
I don't think play of the game should ever appear for the losing team since losing should cancel out whatever great PotG they had.

Also I almost find hanamura unplayable in pubs now because so many pubs would just try go down that bottom centre path in B. Even though I keep asking to go top right because at least we can take care of that soldier raining fire on us before we start our engagements.

In groups though it's fine because people usually listen to communication.

I try so hard to get them to go upper right, but they must deathball it down the middle- preferably with the Rein boosting in from the doorway.
Ugh.

So where are your stats master? :p it's okay to call roadhogs hooks bullshit because they still are sometimes with lag and Blizzard will surely fix it further, but shitting on Team mates because they wont change after two minutes? Get out with that toxic crap. You help people more by talking nicely. You know there are some people like in normal life that arr anxious playing ranked? No? How about you support your teammates with things like "hey guys we should switch out a a blablabla with blablabla I could take blabla if nobody can play something else good" - or anything else that will improve the mood of the Team.

People will then start to focus more and sometimes that is already enough to change the tieds of war. Toxic comments just keep the mood down and lets everyone play worse. If you cannot manage this you should play other games ala Cod where something like this doesnt mattter.

as stated i do spend the first minute or 2 of the round trying to reason with them sensibly. once it becomes clear they have no intentions of changing to play for the team then yeah

Wow. My goal for this season was to push up to Diamond, getting better with more characters on the way. But I really don't want to play there if there are people like you who ever- EVER- think it's okay to be shitty to someone you're playing a god-damned game with because you think you're superior.

You should probably just go. Overwatch is clearly beneath your high standards in every way.

wouldnt it make sense to learn new characters in quick play first?

I try so hard to get them to go upper right, but they must deathball it down the middle- preferably with the Rein boosting in from the doorway.
Ugh.
I love going top right on defense as Roadhog and when they go down the middle I just hook their Rein from above and the rest of the team is just sitting there with no protection. Love doing that.

Anne

ice can you go be a scrub somewhere else?

Or can we just ignore him so the thread can be not shit for a minute? You don't have to humor people like that ya know.

as stated i do spend the first minute or 2 of the round trying to reason with them sensibly. once it becomes clear they have no intentions of changing to play for the team then yeah
And shitting on them is supposed to make them play better? What difference would it make if you were silent compared to shitting on your team? Just shut the fuck up and deal with the loss.

And I've asked for your Hog stats twice and you've ignored, so I'm just gonna assume you have no fucking clue what you're talking about when it comes to Roadhog.

I think it's time to just ignore this guy. Assholes can't be reasoned with. That's why so many people avoid COD XD.

cyborg009

Banned
When a person only plays on character and doesn't want to switch off

disappointment.jpg

In the end he did switch to a bastion tho. And got killed in 4 seconds

I love going top right on defense as Roadhog and when they go down the middle I just hook their Rein from above and the rest of the team is just sitting there with no protection. Love doing that.

Yep, I've really taken it to heart after Stylosa showed how the team who wins the high ground there can really dictate terms of all team battles on B. I'm usually happy to just clear out the Torb or Widow who is always hanging out up there, but we could do so much MORE.

I wish Torb could have a little more variety in what he could do. I like his turret building, even though I wish he could have two level 1 turrets as a choice. I feel there's more they could do with him.

I'd say to ape even more from TF2 and make him more like Engineer but Teleporter is covered by Symmetra and this game has no need for something like a dispenser. Maybe some kind of alarm system/booby trap kind of thing?

Antiwhippy

I wish Torb could have a little more variety in what he could do. I like his turret building, even though I wish he could have two level 1 turrets as a choice. I feel there's more they could do with him.

I'd say to ape even more from TF2 and make him more like Engineer but Teleporter is covered by Symmetra and this game has no need for something like a dispenser. Maybe some kind of alarm system/booby trap kind of thing?

That's pretty much what sym's turrets are meant to be.

Then I sure wish they'd give the whole team some kind of insight to what's going on with her turrets to make it seem that way 😒

Still though. I want Torb to be less one note, he's fun but there really isn't much place for him as it is.

When a person only plays on character and doesn't want to switch off

disappointment.jpg

In the end he did switch to a bastion tho. And got killed in 4 seconds

I'm good with one hero (D.Va) and acceptable with a handful of others (most tanks & healers, Soldier), but I always feel I'm letting the team down when I switch in comp (I always switch if asked, or to take down a Pharah or Bastion, etc) because I feel I'm making mistakes which snowballs. It's a pretty horrid feeling, so I get why people would rather stay.
At my level- Silver/Gold border- it's usually best to let them stay with what they're good, or at least comfortable, with. I do totally understand your frustration, though.

Antiwhippy

I only really ask people to switch if we're getting countered because of a pick.

Like, junkrat, please switch if you're getting countered by pharah.

I won't pursue if they say that they only feel confident with that character though. It's kinda alarming that you're only confident with junkrat but, whatever.

What if Sym had a Teleporter Trap that sent whoever stepped in it back to their Spawn? No more charging Reins.

You're going to make sym the most hated character in overwatch.

In other news, I'm in the Top 2% of Tracers on Overbuff. No idea how they get that number, but it makes me feel a little better after going 3-7 today.

I just had a comp match where a guy on the enemy team quit after the match was already going for like a minute and then the match ended as if he'd left before it started, kicking everyone and not changing any SR. Really weird.

Skyzard

Banned
One thing I don't get with Zarya that I hope they change - when she gives people a shield, she says "get in there!" ... but it lasts for just a second, more like a last minute protection shield...but some might actually get in there...

Anne

One thing I don't get with Zarya that I hope they change - when she gives people a shield, she says "get in there!" ... but it lasts for just a second, more like a last minute protection shield...but some might actually get in there...

Nah, you def wanna go in. It lasts through 200 HP which is more than enough for a dive, and they have to think to shoot it and give Zarya energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom