• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if it would be possible to find quick play solo queue only statistics and see who is the most successful hero on defense.

Because I would bet money that it's Symmetra. Any time I solo queue, if the enemy team has a symmetra and I'm healing or tanking? That teleporter will never die. My team will continue to trickle into the point after a solid push, being murdered over and over.

Greddleok

I wonder if it would be possible to find quick play solo queue only statistics and see who is the most successful hero on defense.

Because I would bet money that it's Symmetra. Any time I solo queue, if the enemy team has a symmetra and I'm healing or tanking? That teleporter will never die. My team will continue to trickle into the point after a solid push, being murdered over and over.

I always feel like Symmetra on the other team is essentially a 5 vs 6 in favour of my team. Her turrets die in seconds, and she's basically a free kill.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Sombra has a one hit kill backstab but it only works on Zarya. It kills her instantly, pops her bubble and gives her negative energy when she spawns.

Blues1990

We need a young Torb as well, hell maybe even a breadless Torb.

The way Torbjorn looked like in this flashback photo serves as a very nice template for his origins skin. Just give him a different cyborg arm from his current one, and we're all set!

Ana_Overwatch.jpg

Azoor

The way Torbjorn looked like in this flashback photo serves as a very nice template for his origins skin. Just give him a different cyborg arm from his current one, and we're all set!

Yeah, but skins don't have to stick to canon you know. Let their imaginations go wild !

Blues1990

Who the hell is bottom left?

Laio, a character that was a part of the original Overwatch strike team.

Yeah, but skins don't have to stick to canon you know. Let their imaginations go wild !

So far, most of the Origins skins have stuck to what the character had looked like in the past. With the exception of Widow & Pharah's origins skins, as the former is a bit of a head scratcher, while the latter is referencing one of Pharah's squad mates in the comic, ''Mission Statement.'

Azoor

Laio, a character that was a part of the original Overwatch strike team.

So far, most of the Origins skins have stuck to what the character had looked like in the past. With the exception of Widow & Pharah's origins skins, as the former is a bit of a head scratcher, while the latter is referencing one of Pharah's squad mates in the comic, ''Mission Statement.'

Widow's skin is indeed a strange one. I've no idea if it references something in the canon or not.

Blues1990

I want that young mccree skin so bad.

*Drools*

Young McCree is making everyone all hot n' bothered. Can't blame them, as he looked like a pretty boy back when he was a teenager.

Widow's skin is indeed a strange one. I've no idea if it references something in the canon or not.

With the cable coils in place of her regular hair, perhaps this is what Widow looked like when she was captured and experimented on by Talon?

Azoor

Young McCree is making everyone all hot n' bothered. Can't blame them, as he looked like a pretty boy back when he was a teenager.

With the cable coils in place of her regular hair, perhaps this is what Widow looked like when she was captured and experimented on by Talon?

It does have male and female sockets, maybe this is what she wore when they "transformed" her ? Maybe they injected her with serums and such ?

We may never know.

Blues1990

It does have male and female sockets, maybe this is what she wore when they "transformed" her ? Maybe they injected her with serums and such ?

We may never know.

They might go and give Widow a comic of her own, chronicling her transformation. At the very least, this will give us the chance to obtain that skin as a random drop in the loot boxes, a la Bastion's skin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Because of its lock on nature, because of how clustered people can be I'd really like a quality of life change with Zen's harmony orb. Specifically, I'd like a little way to route a number to each player and basically say 1-McCree, 2-Genji, 3-Zarya ,4-Lucio etc and just hit that to throw my harmony orb on them. Still make them be in POV but just something so I'm not trying to aim past Roadhog's fat ass to get the Genji

PatjuhR

Because of its lock on nature, because of how clustered people can be I'd really like a quality of life change with Zen's harmony orb. Specifically, I'd like a little way to route a number to each player and basically say 1-McCree, 2-Genji, 3-Zarya ,4-Lucio etc and just hit that to throw my harmony orb on them. Still make them be in POV but just something so I'm not trying to aim past Roadhog's fat ass to get the Genji

I'd love that, but for console that is to many buttons ;(

Azoor

They might go and give Widow a comic of her own, chronicling her transformation. At the very least, this will give us the chance to obtain that skin as a random drop in the loot boxes, a la Bastion's skin.

That would great ! Maybe have take place in twour comics like what they did with Ana.

An Ana lock on or confirm option for her ult would be great. Nothing like a Lucio jumping right into view as you're about to boost the Reinhardt lmao

Greddleok

Oh, and Zarya could also benefit from the number for the bubble. Too many times have I had someone leap in front of me as I'm about to shield someone who gets Roadhog hooked.

An Ana lock on or confirm option for her ult would be great. Nothing like a Lucio jumping right into view as you're about to boost the Reinhardt lmao

I once ate Rein's nano dart as Mei... that was something alright, turned the whole objective area into Antartica. Everything was frozen without needing an ult.

#noregrets

Mozendo

Has anything been done to Pharah's damage within the last few updates?
I was just in a match where I was shooting right below a junkrat yet he was barely taking damage, taking a bar or two. I wasn't close range, but the rockets were still hitting :S

Does anybody else dread getting a Team Kill on KOTH? It almost always ends up in my team losing the point as soon as the other team respawns since now they're organized in a group instead of trickling in.

Azoor

Has anything been done to Pharah's damage within the last few updates?
I was just in a match where I was shooting right below a junkrat yet he was barely taking damage, taking a bar or two. I wasn't close range, but the rockets were still hitting :S

Aren't you sure the Junkrat didn't have a shield from Symmetra or something?

The damage seems fine to me.

Blues1990

I'm probably going to get laughed at this, but I find playing as Reaper to be a frustrating experience. I find his damage output is only really strong if he's at an extreme close-range, usually aiming at the chest/head area and is standing behind an enemy. Too often, I find I'm at a semi-close range and unload two solid slugs to the enemy Mercy from behind, only to die a horrible death to a peppering Soldier 76 or Tracer.

I know every engagement should start with a shotgun blast to the back of your opponents head before they know you're there wrecking them. Being a rogue with a pair of shotguns. Be sneaky. But too often, the enemy team is looking at every vantage point for me.

I would love to cancel out of his Wrath Form, along with a bit of a speed up with his teleport.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
boy you guys they have two healers and two tanks and that seems to work well for them

no go ahead and switch from tracer to genji im sure that will fix it

Greddleok

Does anybody else dread getting a Team Kill on KOTH? It almost always ends up in my team losing the point as soon as the other team respawns since now they're organized in a group instead of trickling in.

I mentioned this way back. Yes! Team kills are bad. Your team gets super over-confident, spreading out and getting picked off by a group of 6, angry enemies, who just blitzkrieg onto the capture point.

I initially ranked at 2183 on PS4. I immediately fell to the 1600s, and after seriously pushing hard and getting on the mic every single game I managed to claw back into a low gold spot.

I know it ain't diamond or plat, but damn am I happy to have done it.

Azoor

I'm probably going to get laughed at this, but I find playing as Reaper to be a frustrating experience. I find his damage output is only really strong if he's at an extreme close-range, usually aiming at the chest/head area and is standing behind an enemy. Too often, I find I'm at a semi-close range and unload two solid slugs to the enemy Mercy from behind, only to die a horrible death to a peppering Soldier 76 or Tracer.

I know every engagement should start with a shotgun blast to the back of your opponents head before they know you're there wrecking them. Being a rogue with a pair of shotguns. Be sneaky. But too often, the enemy team is looking at every vantage point for me.

I would love to cancel out of his Wrath Form, along with a bit of a speed up with his teleport.

I agree that we should be able to cancel wraith form, but wouldn't speeding up the teleport makes him a tiny bit too powerful? I mean he could easily escape from killzones faster and come back and whatnot. Us seeing him teleporting gives us the chance to kill him and encourage smart use of it.

I could be wrong though.

Love when karma kicks in.

Dude tbagging hardcore for no reason in a first round they barely won, he DC's halfway through the second and we get the win.

I initially ranked at 2183 on PS4. I immediately fell to the 1600s, and after seriously pushing hard and getting on the mic every single game I managed to claw back into a low gold spot.

I know it ain't diamond or plat, but damn am I happy to have done it.

Grats!

It doesn't matter what rank plateau it is: 500 points is a climb and something to be proud of.

Now, stop chatting and get your ass back to work. You have this next 400, no problem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Met 2 grouped diamond players, who fell all the way to the 2300s, who were playing so fucking strangely I can't help but think that they were fucking throwing the matches on purpose.

Like, this junkrat would sit at a very specific spot all day and spam his nades. All the time. He dies, he goes back to it.

The other one was a DVa who would keep suiciding in strange ways (like who the fuck consistently falls off the cliff at dorado?) and when team fights happen sometimes I have to look at her for awhile before she starts firing.

Like, I fucking hate that I run into people like these. You can't tell me that's the hidden mmr trying to balance thing out.

Prelude.

That's kind of the point of Reaper and why he's one of the most balanced characters. He has an insane damage output, but he can also be easily dealt with if not played optimally.
His abilities are pretty powerful so they both have weaknesses, the first one is not giving you the upper hand on an enemy that's following you by getting out of wraithform prematurely (unlike Mei's invincibility state, which is stationary) and the second one is leaving you vulnerable for one second so that you can't abuse the ability to move to a far away spot without having to physically travel to there. He's also super loud so he can't just go on a solo mission, and works the best in closed spaces when your team is engaging as well.

I agree that we should be able to cancel wraith form, but wouldn't speeding up the teleport makes him a tiny bit too powerful? I mean he could easily escape from killzones faster and come back and whatnot. Us seeing him teleporting gives us the chance to kill him and encourage smart use of it.

I could be wrong though.

Speeding up teleport will definitely break his balance. Hell, I think being able to cancel his Wraith could break it, too. Right now, I know exactly how long to chase and wait because I've played against him so many times.

Adding chaos and randomness to that is really strong, especially considering how strong his shots are. He'd always be able to get one off right after the cancel.

Blues, an alternate way of playing him is not flank that much. Stick with your group, behind a Rein or with a Zarya, and let the fight come to you guys. Your pokes will drop them fast, safely. When you have the advantage (1 or 2 of them died) then you can start chasing and flanking to clean up, but go right back to your group before the spawns change that advantage.

Like a short-range McCree that can chase his kills.

Azoor

Speeding up teleport will definitely break his balance. Hell, I think being able to cancel his Wraith could break it, too. Right now, I know exactly how long to chase and wait because I've played against him so many times.

Adding chaos and randomness to that is really strong, especially considering how strong his shots are. He'd always be able to get one off right after the cancel.

Blues, an alternate way of playing him is not flank that much. Stick with your group, behind a Rein or with a Zarya, and let the fight come to you guys. Your pokes will drop them fast, safely. When you have the advantage (1 or 2 of them died) then you can start chasing and flanking to clean up, but go right back to your group before the spawns change that advantage.

Like a short-range McCree that can chase his kills.

Now that I think about it, one of his tactics is going into wraith form and hitting his ultimate. So maybe cancelling it would not make other players runaway in time to hide.

Palmer_v1

Now that I think about it, one of his tactics is going into wraith form and hitting his ultimate. So maybe cancelling it would not make other players runaway in time to hide.

That is like the biggest tell in the game. If a Reaper wraith forms into a group and gets ANY kills with his ult, they fucked up badly.

Prelude.

That is like the biggest tell in the game. If a Reaper wraith forms into a group and gets ANY kills with his ult, they fucked up badly.
On the last point of King's Row with the payload halfway through the last straight path.

From above: "Repositioning"
*loud footsteps*
See him looking down from the top door. Drops down while wraithforming onto the payload.

"DI-" "Experience tranquility"

Azoor

On the last point of King's Row with the payload halfway through the last straight path.

From above: "Repositioning"
*loud footsteps*
See him looking down from the top door. Drops down while wraithforming onto the payload.

"DI-" "Experience tranquility"

That happened once and I flew as Mercy and rezzed the entire team. I pissed him off.

And BTW, I died earlier and was on my way back so I didn't hide and wait for them to die. I'm not an ass like that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, when you beat a team of groups as complete randoms you feel good but then you also get matches where they're clearly far more co-ordinated than your group and you just curse the MM.

Finally having a good week in ranked. Just hit peak of 3310 and logged out at 3280 tonight all from solo queue. Seems like my new rule of 2 losses and take a break is really helping as well.

Really feels like the higher you get the harder it is to drop, so many players in the 2700-3000 range who really don't feel like they are that versatile in multiple roles. My skill graph on Master Overwatch looks like a rollercoaster lol

Prelude.

That happened once and I flew as Mercy and rezzed the entire team. I pissed him off.

And BTW, I died earlier and was on my way back so I didn't hide and wait for them to die. I'm not an ass like that.
Well, letting them blow their ults before a res isn't an "ass" thing to do, you're most likely getting it back before them. Unless it's a 5vs6 most of the time, it's fine to hide when you think they're about to pop their ults.

Azoor

Well, letting them blow their ults before a res isn't an "ass" thing to do, you're most likely getting it back before them. Unless it's a 5vs6 most of the time, it's fine to hide when you think they're about to pop their ults.

Yeah I know, but I lot of Mercy players were accused of using hide and rez tactic just to get the achievement/POTG and I got sick of it. Yeah hiding CAN be a legitimate strategy sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom