• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Nah, you def wanna go in. It lasts through 200 HP which is more than enough for a dive, and they have to think to shoot it and give Zarya energy.

It lasts 200hp ... for a second or until it runs out? Because the visual shield indicator disappears straight away...

It gives Zarya energy?

Ranking up is so wack. How is it that I earned more by playing with platinums and golds (when I was able to) than playing against other diamonds and masters.

Wack, I say!

now i get matched against grandmasters lol top 500 even!

Anne

It lasts 200hp ... for a second or until it runs out? Because the visual shield indicator disappears straight away...

It gives Zarya energy?

It lasts for 200 HP or like 3-4 seconds, whichever comes first. If enemies shoot the shield, Zarya gets energy to deal more damage. It's kind of borderline OP right now.

LowParry

Gotta say. Overwatch in Japanese is rather interesting. I can't really tell who's doing what with Ultimate. Reapers probably my favorite. Shine shine shine!

I may have gotten the ranks mixed. They were top 500 for sure but not grandmaster. For whatever reason I was under the assumption that top 500 = grandmaster

carlos

I just had a comp match where a guy on the enemy team quit after the match was already going for like a minute and then the match ended as if he'd left before it started, kicking everyone and not changing any SR. Really weird.

Lucky you, same thing happened to me, and everyone left right after him even though we had gotten off to a good start.
It was my first time leaving a game since I wasn't going to wait to lose two more rounds of koth by myself. I left and bam, minus 70....thanks random jerk who left, wish I could remember your name to send you hate messages on psn.

darklin0

Banned
Lost CP 2-3 because my team wouldn't group. Kept on telling me it was my fault when someone went Winston into their Reaper pick(half ways through the last round btw). feels bad man.

moerser

It lasts for 200 HP or like 3-4 seconds, whichever comes first. If enemies shoot the shield, Zarya gets energy to deal more damage. It's kind of borderline OP right now.

borderline op? dont shoot the shield. wait for it to fade and its on cd and kill zarya. every character can easily kill a zarya with her shields on cd.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
borderline op? dont shoot the shield. wait for it to fade and its on cd and kill zarya. every character can easily kill a zarya with her shields on cd.

And while you're not doing anything for 2 seconds the other characters kill you.

That's the thing about this argument is that it is actually much harder to deny charge against a good zarya because a good zarya knows when to bubble to a) Save a teammate and get charge b) force people into a situation between inactivity or death, because those 2 seconds or 200HP is more than enough for, say, a reaper to burst you down.

Anne

Nah fam. You stop shooting that shield for 2 seconds and whatever is shielded already killed you. Hell, it's better to shoot the shield in a lot of places just to try and CC whatever is shielded. Zarya is gonna get beefy anyways, but that 200 HP and CC block on shield is something.

I uninstalled Overwatch a few days ago. I apparently don't take defeat well.

...Now I'm reinstalling it. What the heck?!

I'm the worst.

Mutombo

And while you're not doing anything for 2 seconds the other characters kill you.

That's the thing about this argument is that it is actually much harder to deny charge against a good zarya because a good zarya knows when to bubble to a) Save a teammate and get charge b) force people into a situation between inactivity or death, because those 2 seconds or 200HP is more than enough for, say, a reaper to burst you down.

Yeah there are plenty of choke points in maps where a team huddles together alongside a zarya, and it's just a shooting gallery for both teams (on Gibraltar for example, underneath that first choke point). A decent zarya with a decent team surrounding her, next to the payload, in a choke point, with a reinhardt... good luck taking those down.

Tabby

Playing ranked solo is the worst. I know I'm not the best player but man at least I'm willing to change roles, communicate and play for the team.

These players that refuse to change off their characters, lose us the game by going something stupid like Torb on a map that doesn't work and just goes "I have gold elims you're all bad".

Also, I'm sure we'll get a Sombra tease either this week or next week. I reckon she'll be the content update for October.

konjak

Just a random thing I wanna know if I'm alone on: Overwatch always starts up on Anubis backdrop with Zenyatta on the title screen, every time. Is this some bug I have for no reason? Haha. It can definitely be other characters as I play, though.

I could also join people complaining by saying I finally decided to try to rank in competitive, and my FIRST GAME all of my team (I played solo) were not in groups, we had one who had ranked already on gold, but the other team had a group of four, where three of them were Platinum.

I have never been so stomped. What kind of matchmaking is that?

And shitting on them is supposed to make them play better? What difference would it make if you were silent compared to shitting on your team? Just shut the fuck up and deal with the loss.

And I've asked for your Hog stats twice and you've ignored, so I'm just gonna assume you have no fucking clue what you're talking about when it comes to Roadhog.

I think it's time to just ignore this guy. Assholes can't be reasoned with. That's why so many people avoid COD XD.

people avoid cod because they get rolled hard

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Blizzard made a comment before about having something new every month, I'd love for them to roll Sombra and their Halloween event all into one, but considering the steady drip feed of content I won't hold out for hope on that front.

ViviOggi

Just a random thing I wanna know if I'm alone on: Overwatch always starts up on Anubis backdrop with Zenyatta on the title screen, every time. Is this some bug I have for no reason? Haha. It can definitely be other characters as I play, though.

I could also join people complaining by saying I finally decided to try to rank in competitive, and my FIRST GAME all of my team (I played solo) were not in groups, we had one who had ranked already on gold, but the other team had a group of four, where three of them were Platinum.

I have never been so stomped. What kind of matchmaking is that?
Placement i.e. high uncertainty matchmaking

darklin0

Banned
Got a quadra with Deadeye to win the match and then got a Legendary skin right after.

rz8Ct7s.png

Azoor

It's slow, but we're getting some new content every month since July.

- In July we got Ana.
- In August we got the summer games.
- In September we got Eichwalde

And hopefully we'll get a Halloween even this month and probably Sombra in November.

It's slow, but we're getting some new content every month since July.

- In July we got Ana.
- In August we got the summer games.
- In September we got Eichwalde

And hopefully we'll get a Halloween even this month and probably Sombra in November.

Well they are rolling out new content albeit a bit slow. I'm hoping for like a big content drop sometime.

They're being too slow with the content imo. I don't mind the long wait between characters as long as there's something in between, but when it's something like the summer games which was just 3 new skins, some recolours and some other minor cosmetics it's annoying. Would rather have had the 3 new skins and then a new map tbh.

Azoor

They're being too slow with the content imo. I don't mind the long wait between characters as long as there's something in between, but when it's something like the summer games which was just 3 new skins, some recolours and some other minor cosmetics it's annoying. Would rather have had the 3 new skins and then a new map tbh.

We had Lucioball, but sadly was a temporary new mode and not a permanent one.

I really just want more skins to work towards. Right now im working towards abominable for mei but thats it. i want a young mccree skin and more stuff for Genji, Zen and Tracer.
Slipstream is still the best tracer with those sunglasses.

Blues1990

I really just want more skins to work towards. Right now im working towards abominable for mei but thats it. i want a young mccree skin and more stuff for Genji, Zen and Tracer.
Slipstream is still the best tracer with those sunglasses.
I'm down with an origins skin for McCree, Torb, & Reinhardt. Don't know how they can handle with redesigning Rein's origins skin when he's outside his armour, though.

Considering all the major content is free for everyone and this game is more than likely going to be supported for a VERY long time, I kinda understand the drip feed at the pace they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom