• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game has AI and bots mode but I guess people forget..

Bots/AI don't really coordinate the same as players. And not all chars can be bots. Kinda bad for practice when you want to understand how a char plays against other chars or team comps.

Only 10 chars are selectable as bots. McCree, Soldier: 76, Reaper, Bastion, Torbjörn, Roadhog, Zarya, Ana, Lúcio and Zenyatta.

Greddleok

QP is just to dick about in. Comp doesn't matter in the slightest to me.

I love those games where you're losing then one or two hero swaps and suddenly you go from being wrecked to dominating them.

I swapped from Zarya to D.Va since none of my team would ever be around to get barriers, and the terrible Ana swapped to Zarya. I was diving their healers, she was bubbling me. The payload stopped in its tracks. So good.

I missed D.Va.

DevilDog

Dear god thankfully my quick play experience is pretty pleasant. Things are more relaxed and team comp isn't as serious, but we have healers every time, tanks too. Thank you based MMR.

Nobody gives a fuck if its qp.
QP is human ai practice. I dont care if i lose ill play the character i want.

Hey, have fun practising reinheardt without a healer.

The game has AI and bots mode but I guess people forget..

So this game has a legit problem with it's structure.

Let me use basketball as an example. Some people really want to play a friendly pick-up game. They want to play with people who care about winning and follow the spirit of the game, but still have a fun, low-stakes game of basketball. But right now, the options they have are to either join a league and deal with all of the metagame stuff that comes with that, or to play streetball and deal with players who just want to set up sick dunks.

On a personal level, I just want to play Overwatch with people who understand how team comps work and care about the objective more than the play of the game, but honestly I would enjoy this game a thousand times over if I didn't have a skill rating going up and down the whole time, and didn't have to deal with the shittiness that comes out of people when there's something on the line.

EDIT: I'm basically advocating for a permanent queue that enforces a single hero limit and has the competitive structure (symmetrical game modes), but without the rest of the competitive trappings.

Also just realised ive gotten 73% of the trophies for Overwatch just by playing the game. Ended todays play session with the path is closed trophy.

Hey y'all , you guys think it's too late to get into this game? I have a lot of experience with other first person online shooters but I dont want to buy this one and just get utterly bodied I'm trying to decide between this and rainbow six or the destiny collection if anything

The irony is that if I was one of those insta lock dudes, and just went Tracer all the time I'd win way more games. I am so much better with her than anyone else that it's kind of sad.

I still insta lock her on KOTH, IDGAF (I switch if I'm sucking, but it doesn't happen very often.)

Maybe I should just insta lock her and then switch if the comp is bad.

Hey y'all , you guys think it's too late to get into this game? I have a lot of experience with other first person online shooters but I dont want to buy this one and just get utterly bodied I'm trying to decide between this and rainbow six or the destiny collection if anything

Nah, there's a lot of new players lately, most likely because of the free weekend in September. If you buy the game make sure to try all the characters, to at least get a feeling of what it's like to be on the other side, and learn the best counters to some specific situations.

No. if you try and play the objective you are already better than 50% of players :p

Nah, you're good. I just picked it up on PS4 after the free weekend and there's plenty of games, plenty of noobs. Nothing but good times.

Fancolors

Hey OWGaf, I picked this game recently three weeks ago and I've been enjoying it a lot. Does anyone here wanna find some QP games? I play mostly tank and support, and would most likely lag a lot since I'm in South America, but it still seems to be fun to play with y'all.

If anyone is interested my tag is Fancolors#1108

The irony is that if I was one of those insta lock dudes, and just went Tracer all the time I'd win way more games. I am so much better with her than anyone else that it's kind of sad.

I still insta lock her on KOTH, IDGAF (I switch if I'm sucking, but it doesn't happen very often.)

Maybe I should just insta lock her and then switch if the comp is bad.

That's what I've been doing. Not with Tracer, but usually McCree, Winston, Zarya, or S76. Only time I support is if I'm with a 3-5 stack and they all pick other roles.

I trust them to work amongst themselves, which usually works out.

xaosslug

tfw you switch to Zenyatta and stomp the enemy team! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, it's a beautiful thing playing w/ a team that understands purple = MURDER DAT HOE!
6fv8mC8.gif

not at all. Currently trying to convince my younger brother & sister to play w/ me, and they're considering it. We used to team up in Borderlands and Destiny all the time. When PS4 Pro comes out, for sure. We gonna bees awn ayyytt! I think we'll be a deadly team. ^__^

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Daily quests that reward loot boxes for playing a tank or support for a certain amount of games/time.

All it would take.

xaosslug

I'm about to hit level 25 and start competitive any day now. What should I know?

idk what to say? I know everyone's experience is different, but mine was as such that I learned to be self-reliant. That's why I used to main Torb b4 he became suck, and why I switched over to D.Va. I used to main Torb because his turret used to be like having an extra, reliable teammate that always had your back. LOL D.Va now because her ult is game-changing (like Torb's used to be... RIP, little guy! T__T) and I never expect our team healer to heal me, so I zip in and out to get health packs, plus when the suit breaks you still have a chance as a pistol-packing Hana Song to continue to wreck shit! ;)

so yeah, as much as this is a team game my advice would be to be self reliant.

idk what to say? I know everyone's experience is different, but mine was as such that I learned to be self-reliant. That's why I used to main Torb b4 he became suck, and why I switched over to D.Va. I used to main Torb because his turret used to be like having an extra, reliable teammate that always had your back. LOL D.Va now because her ult is game-changing (like Torb's used to be... RIP, little guy! T__T) and I never expect our team healer to heal me, so I zip in and out to get health packs, plus when the suit breaks you still have a chance as a pistol-packing Hana Song to continue to wreck shit! ;)

so yeah, as much as this is a team game my advice would be to be self reliant.

Yeah, I wish they would tweak Torb's turrets a bit. He's a lot of fun to play. One team I played against had level 2 turrets set up at Hanamura's second point and it was destroying my team.

Ok, I guess League Points is not the correct term for Overwatch :p
Skill rating? Is this the correct term?
Haha, usually people say SR, or skill rating.

As for the previous question, level doesn't equal skill at all, so don't be too surprised to see that. Some players just take a lot longer to improve than others(or just plain can't improve).

Jellie

Can somebody who I have added on PSN tell me how far I've dropped from inactivity on it? It was in the 3400s last time I played comp.

Can somebody who I have added on PSN tell me how far I've dropped from inactivity on it? It was in the 3400s last time I played comp.

Played 13 days ago. SR 3167. Best hero is 95% Zarya (which was probably a top 1000 number when you stopped playing)

If you are looking to rank back up I know of someone who would like to group up.

Jellie

Played 13 days ago. SR 3167. Best hero is 95% Zarya (which was probably a top 1000 number when you stopped playing)

If you are looking to rank back up I know of someone who would like to group up.

Is that an ingame check? Is the decrease every 24 hours because on overbuff/masteroverwatch the graph only has one dip (which is when I logged in to check my highlights quickly before I unplugged my PS4) so it might have hit 3000 now in game but not updated on the websites.

Is that an ingame check? Is the decrease every 24 hours because on overbuff/masteroverwatch the graph only has one dip (which is when I logged in to check my highlights quickly before I unplugged my PS4) so it might have hit 3000 now in game but not updated on the websites.
In game has you at 3047, career high of 3462.

Major RIP right there.

Wait, is it me?

It's both of us.

It was Overbuff.
In game has you at 3047, career high of 3462.

Major RIP right there.

Yea, if he's checking on the PS4, this one should be correct.

haha oh dear. Was so near to masters :(

Too busy with postgrad now, though I have 3 days of no lectures for the rest of the week.
I have midterms this week until Thursday. But then it's fall break. I'll be on a lot this weekend and next week if you ever see me online feel free to invite me.

I seem to remember you saying you'd never go PC......
our population is running short XD
Lol that is years and years away and even if I did I probably wouldn't give up my (at that point) very veteran profile. Don't worry I'm not going anywhere.

The bigger issue is that I never see you online anymore. I want to team up!

Lol that is years and years away and even if I did I probably wouldn't give up my (at that point) very veteran profile. Don't worry I'm not going anywhere.

The bigger issue is that I never see you online anymore. I want to team up!
Tim has been cut short lately, I can only usually play around 2-3 hours a day and Nuno is the only one on most of the time lol. School saw to this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom