• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game has 23 characters but you put in most of your time into one character(Junkrat for this person) is not really smart. I'm not a top 500 player or anything but I at least took some time in quickplay and learned how to play most characters in every class.

Agreed. If we're talking "I Hanjo" levels of playing ONLY one character, that is less than optimal. Especially if it's a Defense hero not crafted after an Ancient Chinese Ice Troll.

Side note appropriate of nothing- had a QP match last night with a 3-Mei-group. They spent the entire time walling us into spawn and walling off ults. They also killed just about everything that came near them and we won eventually, so... fine, I guess. But they also- all 3- spammed, "A-mei-zing" the ENTIRE. FUCKING. MATCH. Fuck Mei, is my point.

Agreed. If we're talking "I Hanjo" levels of playing ONLY one character, that is less than optimal. Especially if it's a Defense hero not crafted after an Ancient Chinese Ice Troll.

Side note appropriate of nothing- had a QP match last night with a 3-Mei-group. They spent the entire time walling us into spawn and walling off ults. They also killed just about everything that came near them and we won eventually, so... fine, I guess. But they also- all 3- spammed, "A-mei-zing" the ENTIRE. FUCKING. MATCH. Fuck Mei, is my point.

Sorry, sorry, sorry sorry sorry.

When I see playtimes of like 23 hours of Soldier 76 and 3-7 minutes of all the other characters, I realize competitive is probably not for me. What makes this game so special is how well designed and fun basically all of the characters are, I would never want to limit myself.

Blues1990

I like playing Mei just fine, but I hate that people play her just to piss others off.

MartyStu

I like playing Mei just fine, but I hate that people play her just to piss others off.

This is literally the best reason to play Mei. She is just so delightfully disruptive.

I am only not becoming really proficient with her, and she truly is A-mei-zing.

TFW you get a 24 kill streak with Hanzo and POTG and you get 0 upvotes RIP.

But seriously, I fucking love Hanzo. Top 3 favorite DPS for me.

Dear god thankfully my quick play experience is pretty pleasant. Things are more relaxed and team comp isn't as serious, but we have healers every time, tanks too. Thank you based MMR.

Hey, have fun practising reinheardt without a healer.

That's how I learned to play Rein, and- here's a shock- it's very hard to break out of Turtle-Rein mode for me. Unless there's an Ana, in which case I have to go nuts a couple of times so she'll know her Ult won't be wasted on me.

hesido

Does anyone know why the fock did they de-emphasize the win ratio in the game stats? You can't even see total matches played by character..

Repo Man

Decided to finally dive back in... what a fucking mistake! Comp Solo queue is a fucking cesspool of bad players. Not claiming to be god like myself but damn, its almost like this game has gone from bad to worse. Actually thats not true, at launch and at the start of season 1 people were still encouraging each other to play as a team but now its just a flamefest.

xaosslug

you never quite understand the joys of Mei until you run her in arcade... she is so hilariously OP and you legit play the game w/ a smile on your face or straight up ROTFL the entire time.

aside: is think if peeps knew that killing turrets & teleporters build your ult super quick they would do it a lot more instead of leaving it to a teammate to handle...

Blues1990

I think he means other people on the same team.
More generally, teammates that play as Mei will do anything to make people's blood boil. (And not the enemy team specifically.) You know, walling off the exit in the spawn, blocking off a nano boosted Reinhardt to defend the point, that sort of thing.

you never quite understand the joys of Mei until you run her in arcade... she is so hilariously OP and you legit play the game w/ a smile on your face or straight up ROTFL the entire time.

aside: is think if peeps knew that killing turrets & teleporters build your ult super quick they would do it a lot more instead of leaving it to a teammate to handle...
I love it when Torb tries to build a turret right in front of me. I don't even kill him and he just keeps trying to repair the turret and I just get more and more charge. It's awesome.

Skii

I finally got a hate message. I was playing Genji in QP on Eichenwalde and remembered you can navigate around the wall to get behind the defending team. Guess what I did the entire attack? Obviously this guy was watching me on one of his deaths and sent me some lovely vitriol. I decided to go Bastion on our defence, get gold eliminations and then messed about with Symmetra by placing the teleporter next to a ledge. I love it when people take QP seriously. It makes me want to play worse.

One of those days in comp, couldn't get pass the first points, that is of course after having some awesome quick play matches. Back down to 3050 :(

Edit: oh yh and a really toxic guy in one match, literally before the match even started he said fuck you guys lol.

In my experience it happens if it's the first time I've used the spray in the match. If you always spray before the game starts then your POTG spray should show up.

Although someone might easily be able to debunk this.

It's possible it only displays on your screen. It might not send it to the other players in time.

hesido

Yeah. It is mostly successful I think.

Wish they used their success on utterly useless stats like total damage done, and perhaps, those that are indirectly bad for the game like eliminations per life, which is why some people don't play the objective and rack up kills.

aeolist

Banned
This is literally the best reason to play Mei. She is just so delightfully disruptive.

I am only not becoming really proficient with her, and she truly is A-mei-zing.

yeah i just had one of those games in QP defending king's row

in a short game (they didn't cap at all) i had like 5 ults, 30 kills, and shut down any number of pushes and ults with walls

the end game allchat confirmed my suspicion that i had made the other side extremely salty, especially the genji who got frozen and headshot twice while ulting

Just had a super intense match on King's Row, where we put up a hell of a Defense right near the final point. As Zenyatta I was discording and healing like crazy, and saved my team's ass with timely Transcendences about three or four times (twice I stopped a Reaper ult from destroying our team). It was only marred by the fact that a person on the enemy team quit after we took the first point on Attack, which soured the victory a little. The remaining 5 still put up a hell of a fight, though, and nearly were still able to stop us thanks to a Zarya that nobody on my team would kill.

Seriously, Zaryas are basically my #1 target when I see them now, no matter who I'm playing as. If she gets to high energy she can walk around destroying everyone.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand. Surely Blizzard devised the 2200-2300 skill rating as some kind of limbo where idiots perpetually reside. It's like every single time I reach it I will be paired with a team of people who don't know how to play their characters, do troll picks, choose both symmetra and torb on defense and neither one changes.

yYWN7_s-200x150.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom