• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this game and idk why the fuck Blizzard is matching me with level 40-50 people when I'm a level 7? They just dominate everyone and it's unfair. What the fuck.

Also D. Va is the WORST. Goddamnit. So much rage.

D.Va is underpowered and her counters are some of the most popular heroes rn. (Zarya, Reaper, Mei, etc.)

ISOM

D.Va is underpowered and her counters are some of the most popular heroes rn. (Zarya, Reaper, Mei, etc.)

Add McCree, Soldier 76, Hanzo. D.Va is fun to play but also annoying to play because of how easily her mech can be taken down. And then you're pretty much useless.

D.Va Underpowered?
Zarya Needs nerfs?

This is truly the darkest timeline.

Her critbox is huge, she has no range and that movement speed penalty while firing. Ult is easily blocked or avoided in most scenarios. Her counters are really popular. In Diamond+ play she's by far the least effective tank and I say this as someone who's like top 150-200 with her on Overbuff. She was my main but I don't even like to play her that much anymore especially with all the Zaryas and Meis around :( I mostly play Tracer and Reaper now.

As a main dps player dva is definitely the easiest to kill of all the tanks.

However good dva players are annoying as fuck.

I need to group up more with people who actually wanna win.

Add me guys Baron#23326

I am a good dps player but my healing is shit.

My Junkrat is boss (96% percentile).

Z3CcwQU.gif

PatjuhR

I like to think I play a good D.Va (only in KOTH matches tho), so if she's underpowered I can't wait for her to get better! I think her pistol mode is really good. I really like the steadiness of her gun, she got a good ult for KOTH and DM can get pretty useful aswell.

I really love to boost through the enemy team with DM. Opens up a bit for the rest of the team.

I created a second account a few weeks ago to play comp with a friend who's new to the game ( i didn't want him tanking my score on my main account).
And holy crap....Comp is 100x more enjoyable when you don't give a crap about you SR.

Tokubetsu

Idk how you guys do it hitting these astronomical comp numbers. I think I've won maybe one comp today its been fucking brutal. I had an excellent round on offense, pulled through with gold medals then i switched to support second round...finished with match with gold elims still...just. I don't know man. I lost like 300 pts today

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Idk how you guys do it hitting these astronomical comp numbers. I think I've won maybe one comp today its been fucking brutal. I had an excellent round on offense, pulled through with gold medals then i switched to support second round...finished with match with gold elims still...just. I don't know man. I lost like 300 pts today

Probably should have stuck with offense.

Mendrox

I mean it's ok but if you want to shoot people might as well just play mccree.

Of course but fighting 1v1 with a disadvantage will give me the upper hand by jumping around and headshotting. My dva pistole aim is way more accurate than my Mccree. Also works great for long range. I also almost never die because the ult fills up so fast with headshots. Love it. SR 2700 - 2950

darklin0

Banned
I hemorrhaged SR tonight. Why did I not stop when I was 100 points up? xD

The tilt was too real, I am at a net -80 points. Pretty much done for the night, might take a break tomorrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly think they need a new team or a team in general dedicated to brawls

because they are easily the most disappointing thing in this game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah I find them pretty weak. So many of them are just "everyone is this class archetype" and then limit you to two of each which is way too vanilla. Plus they really should give a loot crate or something for doing it, since the mode's idea seems so similar to the tavern brawls in hearthstone which give a free card pack.

MUnited83

For you.

The worst thing is that they don't even seem to make new ones anymore. All last three I believe were all repeats.

they should give some incentive to play them

This. They actually disincentivize it by giving you a penalty to XP gain.

Mystery Heroes is awesome and should be a dedicated game mode with incentives to play, because it makes people play heroes they wouldn't normally pick, in situations in which they normally wouldn't pick them.

Of course, you get the random double Bastion on KOTH for your team, but the whole thing is weightless and fun, so nobody gets pissed. It's something to chuckle about.

Betty

Banned
Just went 2 full rounds with one player less than the enemy team and took the match to a draw.

Got zero SR for doing so, that's no bueno.

I'm still amazed they haven't implemented a free loot box for the your first win in each weeks brawl yet, it works a treat in hearthstone.

JoeNut

i know everyone bashes Bastion but i had a bad ass game on defense with him the other day, we had a couple tanks, 2 healers, me and some DPS i think, and i was in the corner just blasting everything that came close, with a healer keeping me going or boosting my attack.
Before i'd switched we were getting owned, he's legit good for defense.

i know everyone bashes Bastion but i had a bad ass game on defense with him the other day, we had a couple tanks, 2 healers, me and some DPS i think, and i was in the corner just blasting everything that came close, with a healer keeping me going or boosting my attack.

He is very good in the right hands. Also helps if the enemy team does not have a Genji.

Prelude.

He can work only if your team helps you and the other team keeps trickling in.

I'm still amazed they haven't implemented a free loot box for the your first win in each weeks brawl yet, it works a treat in hearthstone.

That's exactly what i thought the very first time i played. The daily challenges would be an awesome addition as well. e.g. win 3 games with mercy / win 5 with any tank etc.
It would also give people more of an incentive to play support in quickplay.

Greddleok

I find Bastion can make one great play, then the enemy team (or my team) adapts to him and kill him.

It's like, Oh, we were killed by Bastion, let's swap in a Genji, Pharah, or Roadhog. No more Bastion problem.

I hemorrhaged SR tonight. Why did I not stop when I was 100 points up? xD

The tilt was too real, I am at a net -80 points. Pretty much done for the night, might take a break tomorrow.

I've noticed the fewer comp games I play in a row, the happier I am and the less my SR suffers. Over the last three days I've gone 4-1 because I only play one or two comps a night and then I'm done - and I'm less likely to get into an uncontrollable descent of pain and suffering.

That's exactly what i thought the very first time i played. The daily challenges would be an awesome addition as well. e.g. win 3 games with mercy / win 5 with any tank etc.
It would also give people more of an incentive to play support in quickplay.

If they did daily challenges like that, then you'd get things like 12 Mercy matches with everyone trying to get the reward at once. It'd be better if they just incentivized the brawl itself somehow. Aside from a game or two in really fun modes (like Arcade) I rarely ever touch the mode because the stats aren't kept and it feels like a waste of time with lower XP.

If they did daily challenges like that, then you'd get things like 12 Mercy matches with everyone trying to get the reward at once. It'd be better if they just incentivized the brawl itself somehow. Aside from a game or two in really fun modes (like Arcade) I rarely ever touch the mode because the stats aren't kept and it feels like a waste of time with lower XP.

I'm pretty sure the challenges in hearthstone are different between all players for exactly that reason.

Edit: Should of probably read the reply's above :p

PatjuhR

The fake portal could look differently to the team but the same to the opposing team.

That doesn't really matter right? There would still be only one at spawn. So the team where the teleported is from knows which one is real.

But anyways, I think two portals won't help anyways. What I do to locate them is spot where a group of enemies is coming from.

You know how the best way to re-engage the enemy is to regroup? Symmetra's teleport encourages streaming onto the point. It's only good when a single player gets picked and can regroup. It's terrible when more than one or two players get picked off.

Basically everything about Symmetra's kit doesn't fit the way the game is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom