• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greddleok

Just had a game where I was playing Zenyatta because I wanted a 2 healer comp.

We were doing...OK.

Got tired of it and switched to Zarya. 17 player kill streak, only stopped because the match ended. I love tanks.

You know how the best way to re-engage the enemy is to regroup? Symmetra's teleport encourages streaming onto the point. It's only good when a single player gets picked and can regroup. It's terrible when more than one or two players get picked off.

Basically everything about Symmetra's kit doesn't fit the way the game is played.

Nah, a good team with Symm teleporter up will wait and go in at the same time.

Most people's natural reflex is to stream into the point one by one, which is just an issue with people lacking game sense.

Just had a game where I was playing Zenyatta because I wanted a 2 healer comp.

We were doing...OK.

Got tired of it and switched to Zarya. 17 player kill streak, only stopped because the match ended. I love tanks.

It's so frustrating supporting teams of players that can't seem to get any kills, etc. It's like, let me try and you can support if you're gonna be useless.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just don't get why anyone would stya on Widowmaker on attack the entire game when the enemy team has DVa and Winston. Like are you having fun getting blocked and killed at every corner?

Is there a problem with the servers on PS4, or has the PS4 4.01 update screwed anything up?
I've not played today, but since I've updated to 4.01 on Monday the game has almost been unplayable for me due to how much it's been stuttering. I'm connected via Ethernet, and generally my download sits between say 50 to 95mb p/s, but since the update it's been fluctuating between like 1mb to 15mb p/s, while occasionally reaching its normal speeds every now and then. I was actually having more luck playing using Wi-Fi last night it was that bad.

It's so frustrating supporting teams of players that can't seem to get any kills, etc. It's like, let me try and you can support if you're gonna be useless.

No worse feeling as a support/healer than hearing opposing DPS start up and get through an entire ult sequence, targeting you first, while your own dps is thumbing it like a dead mouse.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
New season high yay~

Fell all the way to the 2100s since getting my platinum, rollercoastered in solo, reached 2300 with groups, and then from there solo q'd my way to my season high.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean. It's pretty bad when I'm Ana and the enemy Roadhog is chasing me around the cart and no one turns around to say 'hey wait a minute'

but only based mercy is allowed to get 'help me' emotes for some reason

I mean. It's pretty bad when I'm Ana and the enemy Roadhog is chasing me around the cart and no one turns around to say 'hey wait a minute'

Becuase Ana can actually kill people herself lol. Or just sleep them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A "help me" emote isn't going to save your life if Hog got the jump on you lol.

And again....

Sleep dart!

If I'm dancing around the cart, Roadhog is going to struggle with hooking me but he's going to win out of attrition. A 'help me' emote would at least get the Roadhog killed after I died. And Sleep Dart is on a 12 second CD. You don't always have it up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh man. This fan art
gabriel-konigsfeld-zenyatta-halloween.jpg
Do want

If I'm dancing around the cart, Roadhog is going to struggle with hooking me but he's going to win out of attrition. A 'help me' emote would at least get the Roadhog killed after I died. And Sleep Dart is on a 12 second CD. You don't always have it up.
1. Why the hell is Hog flanking you lol? Assuming you were behind your team supporting them.

2. Why didn't you just run to your team? You couldn't have been that far from them. And if you were, then that's your fault for not being with your team supporting them lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. Why the hell is Hog flanking you lol? Assuming you were behind your team supporting them.

2. Why didn't you just run to your team? You couldn't have been that far from them. And if you were, then that's your fault for not being with your team supporting them lol.

Because there's several pahts up to the point on Eichenwalde lol and the second I walk out of view from the cart, Roadhog can easily M2 me lol and they were on the bridge and I was by the cart on the gate lol

I mean let's be real. How often do you actually hear the "help me" emote anyways? I've never heard it before.

Also if your team is that far away from you, they definitely ain't hearing it lol. It wouldn't change that situation at all.

You know how the best way to re-engage the enemy is to regroup? Symmetra's teleport encourages streaming onto the point. It's only good when a single player gets picked and can regroup. It's terrible when more than one or two players get picked off.

Basically everything about Symmetra's kit doesn't fit the way the game is played.

This is more of a gamesense complaint than a kit one. On defense, streaming back one by one is fine, since presumably your guys still hold the point and reinforcing it is still necessary, but on offense your team should be sensible enough to wait for everybody to respawn, THEN go in.

I really like the idea of making Symm's teleporter stealthed. Have it fade to invisibility and near inaudibility when not in use.

One of the things I've learned with Ana is that you have to not only be accurate as fuck with her sleep dart, but you need to save that shit for emergencies. The difference between a mediocre Ana and a good Ana has a lot to do with her sleep dart.

This is more of a gamesense complaint than a kit one. On defense, streaming back one by one is fine, since presumably your guys still hold the point and reinforcing it is still necessary, but on offense your team should be sensible enough to wait for everybody to respawn, THEN go in.

I really like the idea of making Symm's teleporter stealthed. Have it fade to invisibility and near inaudibility when not in use.

It's about player psychology. When it takes you two seconds to get back to the point instead of fifteen, it triggers something in you that says "I can get back there in time to help!"

Also, you shouldn't be playing Symmetra on offense. Also, you just shouldn't be playing Symmetra.

I mean let's be real. How often do you actually hear the "help me" emote anyways? I've never heard it before.

Also if your team is that far away from you, they definitely ain't hearing it lol. It wouldn't change that situation at all.

I might be wrong on this, but I don't think it made it console.

But you forgot number 3: it's not your team's fault that you didn't manage your sleep dart's cooldown properly and an emote isn't going to do that for you.

EDIT: ^ division nailed it.

One of the things I've learned with Ana is that you have to not only be accurate as fuck with her sleep dart, but you need to save that shit for emergencies. The difference between a mediocre Ana and a good Ana has a lot to do with her sleep dart.
Nah you want to use it as soon as the team fight starts and try and sleep one of the tanks because they're an easy target and makes the fight a 5v6 because he can't do shit or it makes him an easy kill. Or, if you get close to a support or DPS, sleep then and kill them yourselves.

You want to use sleep dart every solid opportunity you can because holding onto it isn't changing the flow of fights.

Saving it for an emergency is just going to lead to you holding on to it for a long time and that's killing its potential.

cyborg009

Banned
Nah, a good team with Symm teleporter up will wait and go in at the same time.

Most people's natural reflex is to stream into the point one by one, which is just an issue with people lacking game sense.

Or when your DPS can't flank. I saw a reaper once on eichenwald on the payload firing from long distance...

Then as you sit there waiting to respawn you hear a surge of...
"I need healing"

Nah you want to use it as soon as the team fight starts and try and sleep one of the tanks because they're an easy target and makes the fight a 5v6 because he can't do shit or it makes him an easy kill. Or, if you get close to a support or DPS, sleep then and kill them yourselves.

You want to use sleep dart every solid opportunity you can because holding onto it isn't changing the flow of fights.

Saving it for an emergency is just going to lead to you holding on to it for a long time and that's killing its potential.

Fair enough. I'm overstating the importance of saving it. I just meant that you should look for opportunities to maximize potential.

Teabag, emote, spam on the mic.

My new favorite thing? Getting the entire team to teabag Bastion in the attacker's spawn in Eichenwalde while waiting for the countdown. And people love to do it, too. Nothing builds team chemistry like desecrating his corpse together.

It's about player psychology. When it takes you two seconds to get back to the point instead of fifteen, it triggers something in you that says "I can get back there in time to help!"

Also, you shouldn't be playing Symmetra on offense. Also, you just shouldn't be playing Symmetra.

I mean, yes, that's true, because her kit is currently AWFUL. But the point I was making is that player tendencies to stream through the teleporter one by one isn't really her fault.

Skii

Man people who can't play DPS piss me off so much. I'll fucking play the tank/healer but I shouldn't be getting gold eliminations you useless bastards. This is why I instalock Reaper often because I can't trust anyone else to get kills on my team.

DevilDog

Man people who can't play DPS piss me off so much. I'll fucking play the tank/healer but I shouldn't be getting gold eliminations you useless bastards. This is why I instalock Reaper often because I can't trust anyone else to get kills on my team.

Hey welcome to the club. I'm actually annoyed sometimes because I can't play any other class.
I just want to play ana.

So many Silver and Gold Elim medals playing Lucio and Zen. So many... and, while I usually rack up the Off and Def assists, I can't aim for shit. Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong if I'm getting anything above a Bronze.

xaosslug

I just logged in and received 11 free loot boxes lol I thought this bug was over a week old?

yeah, got this yesterday. The only thing I got out of it was the Reaper sitting emote. LOL

lol, it def depends. I mean if you've got 8 kills (gold), and you're a tank/healer, well then RIP. But if you have like 32 kills (gold), then maybe, y'all are doing good and you're landing a lot of finishing blows?

Had a comp match where first round on KOTH I played Lucio because nobody else was support - we got our ass kicked, I had a medal for 2 elims as Lucio, so I decided fuck it and switched to 76. Ended up winning that match 3-1, I had gold with 48 total elims after switching.

Sometimes you just need to say fuck team comp and do what needs to be done.

ricelord

This is me like 95% of my games in comp.

I-hate-u

This is what Zen and Zarya are there for. They can both output great damage and play their role as healer/tank at the same time.

Ana is good for that too.

Palmer_v1

Watches in horror as the next 3 people pick Widow, Hanzo, and Tracer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe my teams are just really great at taking shit tons of damage but despite not being a 'main healer', I have more luck healing my team with Ana than Lucio. Even with Amp It Up, I feel like I don't have enough HPS to keep most of them alive.

Of course, I solo queue a lot so my teams never with me so maybe that's why Ana's a better choice.

caesar

Banned
This guy called raptor on eu:

'Give me hanzo, thats my main.'

Guy wont give him hanzo.

Raptor switches to Symmetra. Keep in mind we were on Temple of Derank attack.

'I will switch when he gives me hanzo.'

Of course we get stomped because of this guys hissy fit. I dont understand how a player rated 3200 can just throw games like this. There is also another troll called Dron who will play sym on koth.

Yeah, avoiding solo q for a while.

Man people who can't play DPS piss me off so much. I'll fucking play the tank/healer but I shouldn't be getting gold eliminations you useless bastards. This is why I instalock Reaper often because I can't trust anyone else to get kils on my team.

They talked about this item specifically on the Omnic Labs podcast last week. Because of the splash damage of someone like, say Zarya it's often the case that the tank gets gold elims while the DPS players actually are doing their job.

On a similar note I had a match on Anubis where I was Lucio and we absolutely steamrolled the other team on both rounds. I had the gold for "objective time" at thirteen seconds!

Or when your DPS can't flank. I saw a reaper once on eichenwald on the payload firing from long distance...

Reaper dies because a stray rocket aimed at our tank gibs him.

"GUYS GROUP UP WITH ME WHY ARE WE NOT PLAYING LIKE A TEAM?!"

Bro you're supposed to flank, don't make it obvious that you're with the rest of us and distract them. Get some kills and get some life back.

I also dislike when people say they can't support. It's not super difficult, but I mean it is a bit tough feeling like you can't pick up kills that quick and have to rely on your team.

Unless you're Zenny.

Tabby

Guy wont give him hanzo.

Of course we get stomped because of this guys hissy fit. I dont understand how a player rated 3200 can just throw games like this. There is also another troll called Dron who will play sym on koth.

Or just when people refuse to switch things up when it's clearly not working.

I feel like I've played with him before.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If someone instapicks Junkrat, Reaper, Hanzo, Genji or Widowmaekr they will almost certainly not switch off them all game. Even when their counter is ramming their boot down their throat.

These are always the likely culprits.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Guy wont give him hanzo.

Gotta love how in a team based game people go out of there way to not cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom