• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
There's a new dev update: link

Talks about current PTR changes, Symmetra, spectator mode improvements, new heroes (one coming sooner than later), new maps, new game modes in development

Prelude.

The Brawl is so good and its PotG are so mundane, it's the best. But now I'm lv200.5 so it's time to stop playing for real, though.

Paltheos

They talked about this item specifically on the Omnic Labs podcast last week. Because of the splash damage of someone like, say Zarya it's often the case that the tank gets gold elims while the DPS players actually are doing their job.

On a similar note I had a match on Anubis where I was Lucio and we absolutely steamrolled the other team on both rounds. I had the gold for "objective time" at thirteen seconds!

Yeah, for the whole picture you've gotta look at the % of the target's life you took in the kill. Allot of time you're just contributing, and it makes sense you should have allot of elims. To take Zen for example (coming from a Zen player), he has a high-speed projectile with no damage drop-off and as a healer should be further in the back and theoretically should be alive more.

I totally agree on the tanks. I'm usually not solo killing (unless I'm Hog). I'm usually just contributing to the kills.

Paltheos

The Brawl is so good and its PotG are so mundane, it's the best. But now I'm lv200.5 so it's time to stop playing for real, though.

Likewise. I just reached 300 and have to stop playing. :( Wish we had news on if/when there will be an event.

I might also just say fuck it and play anyway if my friends are on. I still need points too for my golden weapon so I'm ok either way. If we can buy the new costumes all the better. I've got 11k spare change sitting around >_>

ISOM

If someone instapicks Junkrat, Reaper, Hanzo, Genji or Widowmaekr they will almost certainly not switch off them all game. Even when their counter is ramming their boot down their throat.

These are always the likely culprits.

Add Bastion, Torb, Sym to that list.

I-hate-u

Looks like they are going to do fundamental changes to Symmetra's kit, but will never make her a healer and still keep her as a support.

It also seems Sombra or whatever character they are teasing will be the only character released in the remainder of 2016.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Talks about current PTR changes, Symmetra, spectator mode improvements, new heroes (one coming sooner than later), new maps, new game modes in development

'We want to see Defense heroes played more' but they buffed one of the most popular ones.

Not bad. I think we need to accept that new content isn't going to be dropped as quickly as we'd like. The trade off is that it should have that Blizzard polish when we finally do get it.

No mention a Halloween update, but I can't imagine that they wouldn't have one.

That hero that is 'sooner' than later has to be Sombra. Wonder if they have a Blizzcon deadline, or if the fanbase has just invented that.

New game modes sound exciting.

Blues1990

Not bad. I think we need to accept that new content isn't going to be dropped as quickly as we'd like. The trade off is that it should have that Blizzard polish when we finally do get it.

No mention a Halloween update, but I can't imagine that they wouldn't have one.

That hero that is 'sooner' than later has to be Sombra. Wonder if they have a Blizzcon deadline, or if the fanbase has just invented that.

New game modes sound exciting.

I'm much more interested with the changes they are going to give to Symmetra, along with the option to switch between different emotes and voice lines on the fly during matches. I love playing as her, as she has of the cooler designs & personalities in the game, but I hate it when I get yelled at when I select her in both Quick Play and Competitive.

Azoor

Seems like they're gonna retool some of Symmtera's abilities, I also agree that she shouldn't be in support, she is more defence than Support to be honest.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Man people who can't play DPS piss me off so much. I'll fucking play the tank/healer but I shouldn't be getting gold eliminations you useless bastards. This is why I instalock Reaper often because I can't trust anyone else to get kills on my team.
This how I feel when I play Sym in QP...like what in the world are these people doing.

Skii

Is there a significant advantage for players playing at 120fps vs 60? Or can you still hope to get into Diamond and above with 60fps?

Is there a significant advantage for players playing at 120fps vs 60? Or can you still hope to get into Diamond and above with 60fps?

It looks smoother, but nah it's not like it changes the physics or anything.

I want a game mode that's like Rush from Battlefield. That could be fucking awesome.

Rush / multiple objective maps are great fun. Wonder how they'd do it with such a small team lineup on each side though.

Rush / multiple objective maps are great fun. Wonder how they'd do it with such a small team lineup on each side though.

Something like domination probably wouldn't work for Overwatch just because it is all about team fights and splitting into three groups of two doesn't really work.

I'm already thinking of a bunch of problems with a Rush mode too. But they could put an Overwatch twist on it.

Rize_21

Big woop, amomentincrime is now constantly incrementing at 0.0076% instead of 0.0038.
Woop woop Sombra got a brand new internet plan.

NeoRaider

Finally got Zen POTG for healing (asist)! And it was in brawl. Yay

https://streamable.com/rb9m

Nothing special but still... these are kinda rare. (BTW. That Soldier was there all the time, he didn't just magically appeared in front of me like it's visible in POTG lol)

Oh man, I switched from maining Mercy to Lucio in comp, and it's glorious. Lucio is so much better, if only because he's not completely helpless when getting ganked by an enemy flanker. As Mercy I was entirely dependent on my teammates for protection, and too often I was left to die when playing with teammates who didn't look behind them. With Lucio I can speed boost away and/or push them away with his right-click, not to mention being able to heal and attack at the same time.

My best game as a DPS this week
CuBVSGfWEAAK0Aq.jpg:large

Damn cyborg, we need to play more games together!

She's a tank.

Yea, he definitely wasn't Mei that whole game. The healing alone disproves it.

Let's sherlock holmes this shit:

He had to be a DPS with healing, Reaper or Soldier. It's KOTH where Reaper reigns. And he could've switched to Mei for the last round giving Reaper to that teammate.

Reaper, final answer.

Skii

He had to be a DPS with healing, Reaper or Soldier. It's KOTH where Reaper reigns. And he could've switched to Mei for the last round giving Reaper to that teammate.

Reaper, final answer.

But you can heal as Mei though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When you have the exact elims as the person who had most elims, but they got the card. :[

ah well, at least I got PotG

xaosslug

SCREAMING @ them having to seemingly rework Symm, and thinking about moving her out of the support category. Bububuuut, players aren't playing her right! xD

they could EASILY make Symm more viable by just removing the cooldown for her turrets - they should be like Zen's abilities or her shields. You should just be able to spam 6 teleporters at will.

cyborg009

Banned
Good game. But I don't really think Mei is a DPS.

Yea the game went to 5 rounds I kept switching off but I did the most work with pharah since the mei kept harassing me when I wasn't her. I only did mei on Round 5 because mei on the control center map is a must.

Round 1- pharah (Won)
Round 2- Ana(lost)
Round 3- solider76(lost)
Round 4- pharah (Won)
round5 5- Mei (Won)

She's a tank.

Why do people keep saying that? She doesn't feel like that, she's great for wasting time on payload maps which I'll admit.

xaosslug

back into platinum after grouping up w/ a couple of frans (a Junkrat main, and a jack of all trades...) We won a bunch (like, 7 games I think?) and lost 2, but those 2 losses took 40-50+ sr while the wins gave 18-24SR each... bleh! >_>

Reaper, final answer.

just checked his OB, and he doesn't play Reaper. I'mma guess Pharah and Ana?

ETA: nvm

am I the only one that tries to focus down Mei when I'm trapped in her blizzard before frozen solid? I've noticed that if I'm able to kill the enemy Mei b4 I freeze there's a greater chance I'll live through it. :D
As Ana I always try to sleep dart her before I freeze.

I always fucking miss. I panic too much in that situation.

I'm 16 wins away from Tracer gold guns. Wish I hadn't gotten Zarya after season 1 I actually don't play her much lately. I'd love to have Ana's, it looks great.

Skii

am I the only one that tries to focus down Mei when I'm trapped in her blizzard before frozen solid? I've noticed that if I'm able to kill the enemy Mei b4 I freeze there's a greater chance I'll live through it. :D

Well as a Reaper, facing Mei is a delight. If I'm close enough, I can kill her before she freezes. If I can't, I just wraith out whilst she either retreats or becomes a block of ice. Then I get as close as possible with my shotguns pointed around the head region and I just wait. Guaranteed kill.

I'm 16 wins away from Tracer gold guns. Wish I hadn't gotten Zarya after season 1 I actually don't play her much lately. I'd love to have Ana's, it looks great.
Ana's is the only one I want. I'll be happy once I get that. Don't care much about the others, although Zaryas looks nice.

Can someone post the pic showing how many comp points you get at the end of the season? Want to see how many more games I need to win to get a golden gun at the end of the season.

Alright it's time for me to join the Junkrat hate Club.

You should join the Junkrat love club instead - there's less people and we celebrate birthdays.

My proudest moment was as I was about to be frozen in a blizzard as Ana, I nailed an ulting Genji who was right next to me, so he just slept through the entire blizzard as I watched him, completely frozen.

xaosslug

yeah, IDK what it is but if the Mei is dead it's like the rest of the enemy team doesn't know what to do and usually a bunch of my team lives through it. But if Mei survives it's headshots 4 dayz.

i'm trying Ana a lot in skirmish, but my play is kind of a mess. LOL

Well as a Reaper, facing Mei is a delight. If I'm close enough, I can kill her before she freezes. If I can't, I just wraith out whilst she either retreats or becomes a block of ice. Then I get as close as possible with my shotguns pointed around the head region and I just wait. Guaranteed kill.

i mean if you are unlucky enough to get caught in her blizzard w/ no hope for escape? I've found that if I can kill Mei before I'm frozen I'll live to tell the tale! xD

yeah, IDK what it is but if the Mei is dead it's like the rest of the enemy team doesn't know what to do and usually a bunch of my team lives through it. But if Mei survives it's headshots 4 dayz.

Playing as Mei, I've definitely noticed that how successful my Blizzard is, is directly proportional to if I'm alive during it. If I throw it as a last ditch effort to help my team right before I die, it almost never has an effect. But if I can rain icicle death on enemies, hell hath no fury like a Mei's blizzard.

I also have a priority - did I catch a healer? If yes, kill them first. Is somebody frozen and discorded? They're next. Then DPS. Save tanks for last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom