• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it in every game I played today the enemy had a Lucio that kept charging headon into the enemy...

I'm not complaining but it's mindbogglnig to see so many people think Lucio can frontline. Like legit going past Reins shield at a choke and try to scale walls.

I see that a lot in QP- and the Lucio is usually very, very good at it- but rarely in Comp. Lucio is mainly a speed boost come to life and a point squatter, who radiates gummi bears and sunshine (and health).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I see that a lot in QP- and the Lucio is usually very, very good at it- but rarely in Comp. Lucio is mainly a speed boost come to life and a point squatter, who radiates gummi bears and sunshine (and health).

Not really. All the top lucios are as aggressive as shit. Like, don't be dumb about it, but a good lucio can play the aggressor very well by learning to alternate between speed/heal song.

Like if you want to be a heal speed bot that's fine i guess but not really how he's meant to be played.

It's pretty funny seeing almost all the pro lucio be mccree mains.

antitrop

It is known

vEFYiNE.png

I dunno, I tend to favour boosting reapers nowadays.

Though there was this ana who kept boosting our DVa which was kinda mindboggling in a way.

I had a game (with a Rein on the team) where an Ana boosted my D.Va every time. And... sure, okay. I killed their Lucio and their Reaper every time, so I guess it worked out? I'da been pissed if I were that Rein though.

Better was a last gasp on KOTH, game 5, me as Zen, an Ana, and a D.Va out of her Meka, holding the point in 99%-99% Overtime as it counted down. The other team was coming in hot, and you could just see the wheels turning in the Ana's mind. She boosted the D.Va pilot, who proceeded to wreck shop. Win. I have never in my life been more proud to be a D.Va main than at that moment.

Not really. All the top lucios are as aggressive as shit. Like, don't be dumb about it, but a good lucio can play the aggressor very well by learning to alternate between speed/heal song.

Like if you want to be a heal speed bot that's fine i guess but not really how he's meant to be played.

I'm high silver/ low gold level, and those aggressive Lucios are rare and memorable there. I'm always super impressed by them, even if they die too quickly.

I've seen some great aggressive Lucio's. But those aren't the ones I'm talking about.

The ones I somehow gotten today are literally just rushing headin or going the other way away from their team on their own flank path or whatever.

Like on Anubis defense, the enemy lucio speedboosted past the choke every time, regardless if his team was ready and just went towards the point. Wasn't hard for our Reaper to just go up and kill him. Hell the Reaper just ended up waiting by the bridge and the Lucio kept getting killed there.

Currently batting .650 with Mercy here. Pretty proud of this stat that I typically win playing Mercy when there's so many people who play the other healers.

Of course to be fair most of the time we had a second healer/support.

UFTIzXx.png

ohkay

Anyone have any tips for the Rein vs Rein mind games? I know I need to pay attention to whether they have ult up or not, but I get baited too often into earth shattering into a shield.

Anyone have any tips for the Rein vs Rein mind games? I know I need to pay attention to whether they have ult up or not, but I get baited too often into earth shattering into a shield.

Can't help with the Earth Shatter, you just have to learn when to not use it. Otherwise, Defense- keep your shield at an angle to his. Fire Strike him every chance you get, bait him into charging, at which point your angle lets you back up, then turn and charge him after he whiffs (unless you have people behind you you trust to wipe him out, in which case keep your shield up, facing forward).

Offense- keep the lanes open, and when your team is ready to attack, charge him when he fire strikes and then start swinging. Now is a good time for Earth Shatter, btw.

Overall, be patient. Make the other Rein lose his cool first. Keep your shield up and stay with your team and you'll do fine.

Defending El Dorado.

Guys...get away from their spawn door....guys...

*mercy dies*

Well this is going to be fun.

There are many things that cause salt in OW, but spawn-camping is my #1. Do you idiots realize just how far you have to go to get back to the action? Oh, and never mind the wave of death that descends upon me because the rest of my team is dead. No, really, totally fine. Morons.

So.

Eichenwalde.

Defense.

Mei.

I had two matches today where I just went Mei on Eichenwalde and the other team never got a point.

It's almost too easy to keep that map locked down with her.

Almost back to 2400...

Veelk

Banned
I keep trying to get back into overwatch, but nothing is doing it for me anymore. It's too bad because I'm still excited about this game as a concept, the universe and everything, but every good match gives me maybe 10% of the satisfaction it once did and every bad match feels 3 times worse than it used to.

And now I'm banned for 30 minutes because I quit a nanosecond before the final game score sheet came up. :/

KarmaCow

I keep trying to get back into overwatch, but nothing is doing it for me anymore. It's too bad because I'm still excited about this game as a concept, the universe and everything, but every good match gives me maybe 10% of the satisfaction it once did and every bad match feels 3 times worse than it used to.

And now I'm banned for 30 minutes because I quit a nanosecond before the final game score sheet came up. :/

I'm sorta the same way, I've been playing a game or two about once a week just so that the point decay doesn't kick in. Understandably Quick Play is a mess and Competitive is so draining, especially in solo queue. There is surely new stuff coming in less than a month and I'm close to 100 again so that's partly why I've not played as much but at the same time I feel like I've plateaued in terms of what I'm getting from the game as is.

Antiwhippy

So.

Eichenwalde.

Defense.

Mei.

I had two matches today where I just went Mei on Eichenwalde and the other team never got a point.

It's almost too easy to keep that map locked down with her.

Almost back to 2400...

If there's a good pharah you better hope you have a good mccree with you.

But yeah, love mei on that map.

Awesome to play with the og's on PS4 again.

Props to Buttchin for holding his own in the game where he was the only platinum with 4 top 500's, a master, and the rest all diamond.

I'll get my Ana POTG someday boys.

Antiwhippy

All the cool ana's got their potg already.

Like really, just throw a grenade into a huge zarya graviton. You get a lot of points from damage, elims, and then assists from disabling the enemies healing + assists from your teammates getting the healing buff.

Veelk

Banned
So I just keep having shit match after shit match.

Is it my fault for playing at 2 am? I have slight insomnia and can't sleep, but would I get better matches at normal daytime hours?

Props to Buttchin for holding his own in the game where he was the only platinum with 4 top 500's, a master, and the rest all diamond.

I was so shook when I DC'd. Thank God it let me come back.

GGs for sure. Fun times in QP and comp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It was too late at night for me to be mentally prepared for that match.

KyleCross

So, does Overwatch's matchmaking determine player skill or is it kind of random? On my alt account I was playing with similar level people, so level 1-8. But by the time I hit level 10 I was suddenly being put into games where everyone on both sides is level 70-99.

platakul

Banned
So I just keep having shit match after shit match.

Is it my fault for playing at 2 am? I have slight insomnia and can't sleep, but would I get better matches at normal daytime hours?

this is my question as well. For the past three nights I've lost 5 iin a row but consistently got 3 golds or more, so like... doing my part? but my SR has dropped rom 2400 to 1700 on this losing streak because thats how it works appartently

All the cool ana's got their potg already.

Like really, just throw a grenade into a huge zarya graviton. You get a lot of points from damage, elims, and then assists from disabling the enemies healing + assists from your teammates getting the healing buff.
I do that. And shut down a good amount of ults. I'll get it soon enough.

The problem is that I always boost LRG on Reinhardt or Reaper and he goes HAM and steals it. Lol

Antiwhippy

this is my question as well. For the past three nights I've lost 5 iin a row but consistently got 3 golds or more, so like... doing my part? but my SR has dropped rom 2400 to 1700 on this losing streak because thats how it works appartently

As in 5 each night or 5 total? You shouldn't be losing 700SR from just 5 matches.

But yeah, the streak system is kinda dumb honestly.

Still, it's hard to gauge your performance based on medals. Elims count the most, healing can be an ok indicator, but rest kinda don't really matter.

Antiwhippy

Recognizing that is the first step to improving.

I tend to evaluate myself when i die or just aren't contributing how i feel i should be contributing, and 70% of the time it's all about positioning mistakes. Positioning is so important in this game.

You're good it was our last game anyways.

Here's a quick video I made up when I helped hold the point as Mercy on temple of Anubis.

They almost got that point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7kU5b2Je5Q

Damn, i cant believe i missed out on these games!! Was getting constant frickin LC-202 disconnects so though id have an early night

Especially on Anubis, me biscuit and letdown are something like 8-0 whenever were teamed on that map.

Banzai

Sunday I went from 2570 to 2370 with all losses in a row. That was something.
On Monday I fell down to 2298 with all losses.
I'm scared to keep playing.

I don't ever flame, I play what the team needs and I try to give good suggestions for a team comp. I'm not a bad person. I'm a decent player. What is happening.

carlos

I don't ever flame, I play what the team needs and I try to give good suggestions for a team comp. I'm not a bad person. I'm a decent player. What is happening.

welcome to the club :/
solo queue is like a never ending purgatory with a chance of going to hell

Veelk

Banned
Also, why do people like Mystery heroes? it's stupidly broken. Even more than most brawls. You have no control over your team comp, and because it has you keep switching, you have a super rough time building your ult, which means if one team can get an ult advantage, they're likely to keep it.

It's dumb.

Also, why do people like Mystery heroes? it's stupidly broken. Even more than most brawls. You have no control over your team comp, and because it has you keep switching, you have a super rough time building your ult, which means if one team can get an ult advantage, they're likely to keep it.

It's dumb.

It keeps the gameplay fresh since you're constantly rotating and facing different makeups, most of which you'll never see in a real match. Ult use is neat too since people are afraid to lose it once they die, so you get them thrown out sooner and at different times than you'd usually see. Hell, even different strategies, since if say Symmetra gets a teleporter up you can just merc her and then the teleporter will vanish when she respawns.

It does not replace vanilla QP/competitive in the slightest but it's a nice, more relaxing way to play OW than you normally get. There are some situations where you'll get rolled due to RNG, but since there's no stakes it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it would in other scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom