• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokbob

Pmt5hzz.jpg

happening.gif?

I hope they at least remove the duplicates from the boxes this time.

Does the art in the background look a little off to anyone else? It looks pretty simple. That said I do want it to be real, we're due new content

PatjuhR

So is it advised to stop leveling for a while and wait till the halloween boxes are out?

I'm lvl 10 now after reaching 100.

Jellie

Just did my first placement on PC. Orignially picked Zarya but we only had a zen healing with a genji, soldier, reinhard and roadhog so decided to change before the game started and went Ana even though I only get like 7/5 on average with her on quick play so was worried a bit.
Went 24/5 with 11 nano assists and 12 defensive assists :D her grenade is so good. Want that buff on live soon :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
First game of the day, got a card for elims as lucio, got potg as lucio, and furthered my season high.

Hopefully the rest of the day is as good!

Plz give me a good skin for Genji this time.
I never even got Nihon skin from the Summer Games.
Hopefully it shows off the gold of his shurikens.

Damn, i cant believe i missed out on these games!! Was getting constant frickin LC-202 disconnects so though id have an early night

Especially on Anubis, me biscuit and letdown are something like 8-0 whenever were teamed on that map.

Yeah, that map went from "Aww, fuck" to "Fuck yeah!" when it pops up, because of this season.

Hanamura, on the other hand, is on my list. I'd rather play Volskaya than that place.

Actually they're working on more than 2 heroes, just that those 2 heroes Jeff Kaplan mentions are reasonably far into development (one being essentially done, and the other being in the middle of design process because they're happy with the kit they made for him/her). In some other interview Blizzard said they're working on 3-4 heroes, and that was after Ana was released iirc. I just assume Kaplan didn't mention those because they're still in early stages of development.
Either that or he wants to keep some stuff secret (after all he didn't mention the clearly upcoming Halloween event lol).

DevilDog

Jeff knows whats up with community interactions. I think he has witnessed far too many bad things happen during his carrer. He knows what the community will think, before they do.

Maybe someone doesn't have 14 minutes to listen to the whole video. :p
Also it's linked in the article.

If you don't have 14 minutes to listen to Jeff, is it really a life worth living?

New second hero next year. Blizzard what the fuck please.

So Sombra confirmed for November. Shit wont be even balanced at first.
That might not be the case because when Ana released, it didn't really change much....

But that might be a case of no one knew how to play her and she got a weapon buff for it :)

That might not be the case because when Ana released, it didn't really change much....

But that might be a case of no one knew how to play her and she got a weapon buff for it :)

To be fair, Ana at release was underperforming as a healer even in the hands of players who knew how to aim. Her ammo clip size and shot speed aren't what make her a strong character (and neither is the healing grenade that's getting a buff as well), but those buffs helped her being a slightly more effective healer while keeping her other strengths intact.

DevilDog

I think she might be the one to balance the game. Right now only Ana counters another Ana.

Ana's ult was the problem. She built it so fast that the enemy team didn't have time to build theirs.
Also they should reduce the amount of ult charge nano boosted targets get.

To be fair, Ana at release was underperforming as a healer even in the hands of players who knew how to aim. Her ammo clip size and shot speed aren't what make her a strong character (and neither is the healing grenade that's getting a buff as well), but those buffs helped her being a slightly more effective healer while keeping her other strengths intact.
How was she underperforming? Her healing nade and rifle are so clutch in so many situations! If she focuses a tank she can basically make him unkillable. Also in combination with lucio amp it up + nade she provides a mini trancendence.
Also her rifle is 80 hps + healing nade its 120 hps. Thats absolutely crazy.

Azoor

Do you guys think Blizzard have a ceiling of how many heroes they'll introduce into the game ?

I mean, do they think they'll only have 40 heroes for example and that's it ? If so, then this is why they're taking their time with the heroes and not releasing them too quickly. This is just speculation on my part though, who knows what they have.

ISOM

Do you guys think Blizzard have a ceiling of how many heroes they'll introduce into the game ?

I mean, do they think they'll only have 40 heroes for example and that's it ? If so, then this is why they're taking their time with the heroes and not releasing them too quickly. This is just speculation on my part though, who knows what they have.

Their hero ceiling is based on how much revenue lootboxes continue to bring in.

How was she underperforming? Her healing nade and rifle are so clutch in so many situations! If she focuses a tank she can basically make him unkillable. Also in combination with lucio amp it up + nade she provides a mini trancendence.
Also her rifle is 80 hps + healing nade its 120 hps. Thats absolutely crazy.

I said she WAS underperforming not that she is underperforming currently. This is in relation to her release state, in which she had 6 darts in her ammo clip and her firing rate was slower, which made it much harder to keep her team healed up.

Also, you can't just look at the raw numbers, because while her raw healing potential outperforms everyone else's, you have to consider that she has to aim and shoot, land the grenade first to boost healing, and that her heal can easily hit the wrong target if she isn't scoping her heal and an ally runs in front of the intended target while the projectile is still flying.
As someone who plays mostly support, I generally find it a lot harder to keep everybody topped up as Ana than as Lucio or Mercy, almost as difficult as doing it with Zenyatta, and I also have to be a lot more aware of the position of my team than with any of the other healers.

The hero ceiling is whenever they run out of ideas for kits, really.

Even if they're only adding 18 heroes at this rate we will be lucky to get 3-4 a year, so that's 4+ years already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the kind of quality person who plays high level Overwatch. Like, wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRvfkZR5EUk

Have you watched high level Overwatch streamers? Guys like Seagull, Lassiz, and Moonmoon are the exception. Most Overwatch streams are almost always dudes playing McCree saying 'fucking shit team shit team i have to carry fucking reinhardt fucking not getting enough heals fuck this unbalanced game'

Azoor

Even if they're only adding 18 heroes at this rate we will be lucky to get 3-4 a year, so that's 4+ years already.

While I do agree that they should get new content in Overwatch at a faster pace. If they do have a ceiling, I can understand not burning through them hastily, especially when they want Overwatch to be popular for years and years to come like TF2 or Counter-Strike.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And you guys should be very weary about wanting tons of heroes added

That's essentially what killed TF2's competitive scene.

Have you watched high level Overwatch streamers? Guys like Seagull, Lassiz, and Moonmoon are the exception. Most Overwatch streams are almost always dudes playing McCree saying 'fucking shit team shit team i have to carry fucking reinhardt fucking not getting enough heals fuck this unbalanced game'

The names you listed? Literally the only streams I watch (sometimes I'll watch Tim, but he usually plays with Moon, and Moon is far more entertaining). Sometimes I'll watch kor_of_memory if he advertises his stream here - he's pretty chill. I've watched Stylosa (UnitLost) a few times, but he gets super salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom