• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I DID find that I was way better at using McCree, ironically, because I instinctively did this. My favorite is Pharah though, and my god I am hopeless.

Strafing is very effective, I hardly ever use right stick for horizontal aiming.
Its more personal preference. Some people aim with strafing, others just aim manually. I find aiming manually with the right stick to be better, but again, its personal preference.

Alucrid

Banned
Been trying out Overwatch on PS4 (I have played a ton on PC).

Now, I've played shooters on console before, just very rarely as I'm not a big fan usually. I played the hell out of Timesplitters 2 and 3. But I will forever not improve my aim on console, and I want to know what magic potion people drink that can reliably aim on these gamepad nightmares, haha.

Is it just being a fan since young that makes you a good aim? I do suck, of course. I just really hate aiming anything with a stick because I never stop flying *juuuust* past my intended target, back and forth.
i'ma winston main

Tried doing the "learn to headshot by setting AI to Ana's Headshots only" to learn how to get better aim with McCree and it was literally 6 minutes of me missing and occasionally getting a hit.

Guess I need to do it more. I have this awful habit of forgetting to breath while I try to aim, which makes me tense, which makes me miss more. Dunno how to go about fixing that. Aiming makes me incredibly nervous for some reason.

Though weirdly enough I did insanely well as Widowmaker while doing it. Even got a 6 kill which was really cool. Wonder why that is.

kaskade

I ended up double dipping and getting the PC version (all my friends play on PS4). Man does it feel so good. Playing characters that are more reliant on aim doesn't feel so much like a chore. I really wish they could nail the console aiming though, it feel pretty lacking compared the the bigger console FPS out there.

LiK

I ended up double dipping and getting the PC version (all my friends play on PS4). Man does it feel so good. Playing characters that are more reliant on aim doesn't feel so much like a chore. I really wish they could nail the console aiming though, it feel pretty lacking compared the the bigger console FPS out there.

there's a new gamepad aiming option that's still in PTR.

kaskade

there's a new gamepad aiming option that's still in PTR.

Shit, so that'll probably make it over to consoles then? I guess I should try it out in there then and see how it feels.

edit: found an article explaining it a bit.

Kind of makes sense on why it was so difficult to really get that precise hit. I would usually overshoot my aim but if I lowered the sensitivity it felt like I was aiming too slow. I never had much of an issue aiming in games like CoD or Halo.

Blues1990

pZIKfGt.jpg

:)

Thank you for helping me, Antiwhippy. You're a prince!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah had some fun ones. That hold on Gibraltar was pretty insane.

Also man, got to the equivalent of rank 55 last season, which feels weird to me, because I was a solid mid 40s player last season with a peak of 50.

I'd like to think that it shows some improvement!

Lowest this season was 1900 but I climbed back.

Also man, got to the equivalent of rank 55 last season, which feels weird to me, because I was a solid mid 40s player last season with a peak of 50.

250 away from Diamond. Go go go!

I missed the conversation about skins but these are all the heroic skins that are better than any legendary skins for that character:
Sporty Tracer
Midnight Zarya
Americree
Merciful Ana
Both heroic Pharah skins

And a maybe a couple other I'm forgetting.

Ana's Shrike is an amazing heroic skin too.

But nothing beats Wasteland. That is the GOAT legendary skin. Gives me that Borderlands nostalgia.

Blues1990

I have to double check, but my lowest was 1825 this season. I couldn't go beyond the 40's in Season One, so I feel pretty happy that I'm getting better with the game this time around. Also, we doubted that Symmetra on the Defense segment of the Eichenwald map, but that player pulled through.

I do need to get better with Soldier 76, Zarya, Reinhardt, and Mei. I love playing Lucio, but I feel that I'm forced into support when everyone else locks down on the other classes.

Ana's Shrike is an amazing heroic skin too.

But nothing beats Wasteland. That is the GOAT legendary skin. Gives me that Borderlands nostalgia.

But in the context of the character? ehhhhh.

Put's a mask on everything that makes Ana unique. I agree it looks badass but you wouldn't even know it was Ana wearing the skin if you just saw a picture or something.

Put's a mask on everything that makes Ana unique. I agree it looks badass but you wouldn't even know it was Ana wearing the skin if you just saw a picture or something.
Same. I like those ones but Mercy is my favourite Ana skin by far, because you get to see her in all her aging glory.

I have a three day weekend with no plans, but I'm also level 198. The Halloween event is coming so I won't be able to play much Overwatch this weekend, will I? :(

Utopaea Symmetra, Omnic Crisis Bastion, Dragon Hanzo, Bundeswehr Reinhardt, and Stitched Roadhog are some of my personal favorite non-Legendaries

Utopaea is the best Symmetra skin by far.

I understand where you're coming from and all....

But Borderlands.....

I also care more about how the gun looks because I'm looking at that way more than the skin and the gun is awesome.

Honestly I agree. I like her Goddess and Architech ones too but Utopaea just looks so dang good on Symmetra.
Plus it matches the soon-to-be-mine Golden Symmetra Gun

Shit, so that'll probably make it over to consoles then? I guess I should try it out in there then and see how it feels.

edit: found an article explaining it a bit.

Kind of makes sense on why it was so difficult to really get that precise hit. I would usually overshoot my aim but if I lowered the sensitivity it felt like I was aiming too slow. I never had much of an issue aiming in games like CoD or Halo.

IIRC Halo 5 a had dual zone mode and people hated it

They should give players more options with one being linear

Same. I like those ones but Mercy is my favourite Ana skin by far, because you get to see her in all her aging glory.
Nice avatar.

I understand where you're coming from and all....

But Borderlands.....

I also care more about how the gun looks because I'm looking at that way more than the skin and the gun is awesome.

You got me there. The one thing Ana legindaries have going for them is that the gun looks way better. Another reason to get that beautiful golden gun. Too bad I have to give the one I get it 8 more wins to Tracer.

Honestly I agree. I like her Goddess and Architech ones too but Utopaea just looks so dang good on Symmetra.
Plus it matches the soon-to-be-mine Golden Symmetra Gun

I can't decide if I want Symmetra's golden gun or not - I play her a lot and with possible upcoming buffs I'd probably get a lot of utility out of it and get to show it off.

On the other hand, I'd probably get to show off my Junkrat's golden gun more - but he doesn't really have a skin that goes well with a golden gun
yet, c'mon good Halloween skins!

Danj

I'd like to warn you folks about a griefer on EU with the name "chaz", currently level 35 (I don't see a way to find out their full BattleTag ingame unfortunately). I've already reported this person but figured I'd post here as well.

Now I get that as a Mei player you're supposed to troll people, but it's generally expected that you will do that to the OPPOSING team not your own team, and when confronted about it, saying "that's mei-cist" and trolling even harder, losing a competitive ranked match, is very unhelpful.

This player was repeatedly asked to stop this behaviour by me and other members of the team but continued to deny they were doing anything wrong and kept trolling harder.

If you see them or know them please block and report them. Let's stamp out this kind of crap from Overwatch.

Blues1990

For the Epic skins, I love the following:

-Ana's Merciful/Shrike
-Bastion's Omnic Crisis
-D.Va's Carbon Fiber
-Genji's Carbon Fiber
-Hanzo's Dragon
-Junkrat's Toasted
-McCree's On the Range
-Mei's Earthen/Snow Plum
-Mercy's Amber
-Pharah's Anubis/Jackal
-Reaper's Wight
-Reinhardt's Paragon
-Roadhog's Stitched
-Solider's Bone
-Symmetra's Regal
-Winston's Horizon
-Zarya's Midnight

Really, like the characters, there's a cosmetic skin for everyone.

Blues1990

Congrats!

I went from 2230 down to 2120. I'm going to keep pushing though - I have a good feeling about this.

Just keep at it, man. Though, if you get more than two losses in a row, make sure to stop and take a break. It's very easy to fall into a losing streak and losing any progress you make prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom