• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck is with these fucking servers? Just got booted from a match that we were about to win handedly. Now I can't even connect. So fucking annoying.

/Spend nearly 20 minutes to find a competitive match.

/Player leaves within 2 minutes.

O V E R W A T C H
O N
C O N S O L E S

2 minutes 46 seconds is the longest I've had to wait for a comp match.

Players quitting I see all the time tho.

Ps4 by the way

antitrop

Losing a comp match when you were about to win because of someone dropping out is disheartening as hell.
One time my internet cut out at the beginning of the 3rd game, when we were up 2-0. I felt so bad.

The next day I logged on and one of my teammates actually messaged me and asked what happened, without being angry. I was surprised it wasn't just a bunch of insults.

Veelk

Banned
*Plays comp*

God, playing comp can feel like such shit. It's just torture watching that bar crawl down. I'm gonna go play brawl, where my stats aren't tracked.

*Plays brawl*

God, playing brawl can feel like such shit. It's just torture getting the most useless team comps and having no way to control the change. I'm gonna play QP where I can control who I play

*Plays QP*

God, playing QP can feel like such shit. It's just torture getting teammates who pick 3 genji's and refuse to change as a winston eats up everyone. I'm gonna go play comp where teams make non idiot picks.

It's a vicious cycle.

xaosslug

I'm probably super late but I just saw these lol

OOsZCo0.jpg

is this supposed to be Zarya?!
t8RDpnj.gif

My first comp match of the day, someone goes "Everyone has self healing abilities, so we only need 1 healer", said healer gets kicked for being AFK.

DevilDog

Hey chat

Did you see that chat?

Chat, we all know what letter comes after x.

Feelsgoodman.

*Terrible music in the background.

Yeah moon is ok, I would love for seagull to come back though, he is like the streamer to rule all streamers.

This Weekly Brawl is sure to try and make me stop playing, getting Mercy every life.
If you kill yourself you can switch how many times you want.
I got Mercy everytime
What? That's the best opportunity for practicing Battle Mercy.
Mercy's overall toolkit and play-style is so boring to me, I don't know how people can enjoy a character that can only either heal or do damage, not both like Lucio, Zenyatta and (to a certain extent) Ana.

Gorillaz

One time my internet cut out at the beginning of the 3rd game, when we were up 2-0. I felt so bad.

The next day I logged on and one of my teammates actually messaged me and asked what happened, without being angry. I was surprised it wasn't just a bunch of insults.
It happens. It had to me before and I joined back in fast.

It's mentally rough to be on the other end.

What? That's the best opportunity for practicing Battle Mercy.

Now it's getting Symmetra that has me looking for the closest cliff to jump off.

Last Brawl I played, I rolled Torbjorn twice and Bastion three times... on Numbani attack. I would have KILLED to roll Mercy or Sym.

Still, I love the chaos and will probably play the brawl exclusively until it switches. Really wish they'd make Mystery Heroes a permanent game mode.

Skii

Those were some amazing games Nuno!

I can't believe how bad I was as Reaper on Volskaya. I didn't even feel like the opponents were hard countering me but I just couldn't finish anyone off. My switch to Zarya changed that game for us because it was actually 6v6 the next 3 rounds lol. So glad I learned her to a competent level because I wasn't doing anything as DPS. I do feel like the opposition were better than us individually but we pushed properly as a team when we needed to.

Route 66 was just good old fashioned Reaper play. I never knew you could stall the payload before the first checkpoint by hiding in the corner on top of that building. That's bullshit really but at least I'll know for next time. Definitely lost games because I thought it just got glitched there haha.

Finally cracked 2700!

Those were some amazing games Nuno!

I can't believe how bad I was as Reaper on Volskaya. I didn't even feel like the opponents were hard countering me but I just couldn't finish anyone off. My switch to Zarya changed that game for us because it was actually 6v6 the next 3 rounds lol. So glad I learned her to a competent level because I wasn't doing anything as DPS. I do feel like the opposition were better than us individually but we pushed properly as a team when we needed to.

Route 66 was just good old fashioned Reaper play. I never knew you could stall the payload before the first checkpoint by hiding in the corner on top of that building. That's bullshit really but at least I'll know for next time. Definitely lost games because I thought it just got glitched there haha.

Finally cracked 2700!

They really were, I didn't think that we could actually win those games after the first round, but that just made the victories even better :D

You did really great as Zarya on Volskaya, and after the first round the team finally started to stick together. We captured the 2 points in 3 minutes which is very good, definitely wasn't expecting that. You also had a lot of kills on Route 66, I was very surprised by that level ~30 player on our team that got POTG, he was actually very useful as McCree/Tracer.

aeolist

Banned
moonmoon won my heart by having an actually moderated chat channel and being serious about not tolerating shittiness

the fact that he's hilarious and a good player is almost secondary

finalflame

moonmoon won my heart by having an actually moderated chat channel and being serious about not tolerating shittiness

the only things he doesn't tolerate is racism, being a retard, and ASCII spam, which is absolutely great in my book. he doesn't really care about any other form of political correctness at all.

My best Ana game yet in competitive still amounts only a single silver medal.

rsz_xkyxsoa.jpg

I was so sure I would get my POTG in this one. I got three kills in a Zarya graviton and then put a Reaper to sleep. It went to a Mercy for a double rez of course.

Humour is subjective. :p I find him to be mostly annoying.

Also moderated channel...? The last time I saw his chat, which granted is a while ago, it was basically nothing but spam and Kappas everywhere.

Also moderated channel...? The last time I saw his chat, which granted is a while ago, it was basically nothing but spam and Kappas everywhere.
That's literally every Twitch channel. Or at least every popular twitch channel.

Seagull best streamer. If only he streamed more consistently ): But when he's not on, MoonMoon will suffice, he's hilarious.

finalflame

Then I'd say you have an objectively bad sense of humor ;p

Anyways, moon was the reason I started watching Twitch to begin with. My other favorites are definitely harbleu for how nice and down to earth he is, navi (proudfurry), and mendokusaii. Surefour is also a great streamer. Seagull is alright.

Edit: IDDQD is also a good streamer.

I swear this matchmaking algorithm is purposely punishing me.
It won't fucking stop until my overall win percentage is below 50%.
It's relentless...

Sooooo, multiple LC-102 errors in my first comp game of the night, never left a match before, and I'm suspended 2 hours.

No internet connection issues. No PSN issues.

And I was one of the vocal supporters for strict leaver penalties.

Good luck on your games, Gaffers that I was grouped with.

Man, this current Cloud9 is looking really strong. I wonder if Mendo is there to stay.
Wait, what else did C9 change?? Who got replaced and who replaced them?

Any other teams change?

Good to see Mendo on a roster though, I always liked him, kinda sucked that Faze replaced him.

Oh shit what, there's a tourney going lol

Fancolors

Don't know much about Grego or Debett but Reaver for sure had to go. Mendo will definitely fit better.

Also Surefour on Hanzo and not McCree and have Ana and Mercy on the same comp.

C9 pls

As I post this they change, SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom