• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azoor

That feeling you get when you have a quintuple kill as a D.va.

tumblr_o9f84daXsE1r94yi6o4_1280.gif

Mutombo

Climbed about 200 points this evening, almost back to 2400 again. I keep on filling the missing slots support/tank wise, but hey, I'm fine with that.

Also, to you DVA players out there. If there is a Zarya on the opposite team, please switch to another character.

Climbed about 200 points this evening, almost back to 2400 again. I keep on filling the missing slots support/tank wise, but hey, I'm fine with that.

Also, to you DVA players out there. If there is a Zarya on the opposite team, please switch to another character.
BUt then no one would ever play DVa because Zarya is a constant pick nowadays.

A careful DVa can still be useful imo

Mutombo

BUt then no one would ever play DVa because Zarya is a constant pick nowadays.

A careful DVa can still be useful imo

Isn't Zarya a constant pick because before, DVA was a constant pick?

But okay maybe you're right. And it's still fun to keep chasing enemy DVA's away as Zarya, so I guess it goes both ways.

But okay maybe you're right. And it's still fun to keep chasing enemy DVA's away as Zarya, so I guess it goes both ways.
When was Dva ever a constant pick? Zaryas a constant pick because she's really good lol.

Even with her DM buff, she wasn't anywhere near a constant pick.

Mutombo

When was Dva ever a constant pick? Zaryas a constant pick because she's really good lol.

Even with her DM buff, she wasn't anywhere near a constant pick.

On consoles there's a DVA pretty much 80% of the time. Before the buff a bit less, after the buff about 100%, but now with Zarya as a hard counter it's back to 80 again I suppose.

Many games have Zenyatta as a main healer as well. I often pick him as a second healer, to have a lucio switch to another tank, because 'we already have a healer'.

Yea. But anyway, did well this evening.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Zarya's been a constant pick at high levels since beta. Even after DVa got nerfed the first time. More and more people figured out that she's basically godmode and more and more people picked her up. Now to the point that you'll never see a game without her at nearly any rating.

Skii

Zarya is picked far more often than Dva at platinum level. It's mainly because Zarya is a far better off-tank than Dva. Better DPS, range, shielding and better ult. Only thing she loses is mobility.

On consoles there's a DVA pretty much 80% of the time. Before the buff a bit less, after the buff about 100%, but now with Zarya as a hard counter it's back to 80 again I suppose.
This has never been the case, at any point in the game lol.

And she is no where near 80 now especially. I rarely see her.

Has Blizz confirmed if they're doing a unique brawl for Halloween? I would love it if a level like Eichenwalde or Hanamura got remade with a spooky theme for the occasion and have a unique mode on it but I guess that would be too much to ask for.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This has never been the case, at any point in the game lol.

And she is no where near 80 now especially. I rarely see her.

Yeah I rarely see her in comp now. Hell I used to play her all the time and haven't touched her in nearly a month now, lol.

Prelude.

Has Blizz confirmed if they're doing a unique brawl for Halloween? I would love it if a level like Eichenwalde or Hanamura got remade with a spooky theme for the occasion and have a unique mode on it but I guess that would be too much to ask for.
They didn't even confirm the event, it's just leaks. This brawl pic was datamined from the PTR anyway.

The OW tab on Twitch has been pretty consistently lower than Destiny recently. I wonder if that says anything about how watchable it is or if it's just the times I happen to watch Twitch.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The OW tab on Twitch has been pretty consistently lower than Destiny recently. I wonder if that says anything about how watchable it is or if it's just the times I happen to watch Twitch.

I think it's just the big streamers aren't present for right now, Moon isn't streaming this week and Seagull is usually scrimming instead. Summit also has been on H1Z1 when he usually brought a big userbase.

Well Destiny did just have a new expansion come out lol.

Give it a few weeks and OW will be back above it. OW usually only has a lot of viewers when Seagull, MoonMoon, or some big tourney is going. And MoonMoon being on usually has other streamers getting on to play with him.

The only "big" streamers on now are Ster and Shadder and even they only have a combined total of 5000 views. You have to wait for the bigger streamers to come on.

Azoor

Overwatch used to be above Destiny, but the game does have some watchability issues though. I think Totalbiscuit even mentioned it several times.

hydruxo

Rise of Iron just came out a few weeks ago and Overwatch is in sort of a lull as far as new content goes, so it's not exactly a huge surprise. I'd imagine once OW's Halloween event drops it'll jump right back up in viewers again.

They didn't even confirm the event, it's just leaks. This brawl pic was datamined from the PTR anyway.

200.gif

Mad scientist Junkrat? I need it

Mush

/Spend nearly 20 minutes to find a competitive match.

/Player leaves within 2 minutes.

O V E R W A T C H
O N
C O N S O L E S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom