• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

They really were, I didn't think that we could actually win those games after the first round, but that just made the victories even better :D

You did really great as Zarya on Volskaya, and after the first round the team finally started to stick together. We captured the 2 points in 3 minutes which is very good, definitely wasn't expecting that. You also had a lot of kills on Route 66, I was very surprised by that level ~30 player on our team that got POTG, he was actually very useful as McCree/Tracer.

Haha thanks man. Your Roadhog was really good as well! It's good to play on a team with someone who can carry when I'm running back from spawn lol.

That player must be using an alt account. Either that or he's an extremely fast learner. I was going in for the risky death blossom (because I had to) only to see 3 kills by the pulse bomb and then we easily cleaned up.

Here`s the link for anyone else who is unaware of the stream.

They invited Mendo, ryb and Wolff to replace Grego, Reaver and deBett.

Kinda sad seeing Grego leaving, but I`m not complaining.

Ryb should easily replace deBett. He's a monster Reinhardt. I didn't know Reaver was one of the weaker links. But I guess Surefour isn't the problem on DPS.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hey optimus, I added transparancy to your avatar if you want to get rid of the white.

yLn7Cqn.png

Hey optimus, I added transparancy to your avatar if you want to get rid of the white.

yLn7Cqn.png
An shit, you didn't have to do that.....

Thanks man, I'll get to that as soon as I get to a PC. Truly appreciate it :)

Unless I'm blind and there's some way to change avatars on mobile.....

On another note, Liquid using one tank, what is life.

Fancolors

It's been a while since the last time I've seen a team finish Eichenwald without relying on overtime. Kudos to Liquid, I still think they'll lose. :(

*looks at tire*

"Eh, someone else will shoot it"

*dies to tire two seconds later*

As somebody who plays a lot of Zarya, it took me a little while to learn that I shouldn't just stand there with my shield up with a smug grin, and that I should actually try to shoot the thing down too. Because most competent Junkrats will either circle around for two seconds and kill you anyway, or just find an easier target and take a teammate or two out of the equation instead. Always, always shoot the tire.

Fancolors

I haven't played in 2 weeks but after loading it up today I have 11 loot boxes. What?! Was there a reward thing or something I missed?

Congratulations, you either play in the Asia servers or is very lucky.

Those 11 loot boxes were given as an apology to the Asian players for the many DDoS attacks that region has been receiving.

However, some lucky players from other regions have also received them.

You can open them, there's not gonna be any negative repercussion for doing so.

Congratulations, you either play in the Asia servers or is very lucky.

Those 11 loot boxes were given as an apology to the Asian players for the many DDoS attacks that region has been receiving.

However, some lucky players from other regions have also received them.

You can open them, there's not gonna be any negative repercussion for doing so.

Oh nice. I'm in Australia so I guess we're on the Asian servers.

Climbed about 200 points this evening, almost back to 2400 again. I keep on filling the missing slots support/tank wise, but hey, I'm fine with that.

Also, to you DVA players out there. If there is a Zarya on the opposite team, please switch to another character.

It can work if you have another tank or two. You just have to be a shallow flanker. Yes, I know how crazy I sound. No, I don't care. D.Va for lyfe!

BUt then no one would ever play DVa because Zarya is a constant pick nowadays.

A careful DVa can still be useful imo

At my level (Silver/Gold border) she's still plenty viable, and a 50/50 proposition against an enemy Zarya. I wouldn't break her out at Diamond levels, though. Sounds like pain, pain, and more pain. Let us block Zarya's beam with DM, Blizzard, I beg you!

I just stay off-healer and watch as one of our 3 DPS's spams for me to switch. Nope, fuck you I'm not solohealing, I'll gladly eat the loss.
Lol you can easily win games with a solo healer.

Hell I won a game of comp once on Route 66 with ZERO healers on defense and they barely pushed the cart.
i didn't switch because I thought all hope was lost anyways but I was obviously wrong. I was also Zarya, so it's kind of a hard choice....

I think it's just the big streamers aren't present for right now, Moon isn't streaming this week and Seagull is usually scrimming instead. Summit also has been on H1Z1 when he usually brought a big userbase.

Seagull is in Asia, he said he'll stream as much as he can, but he's not optimistic.

Sayad

I know it's console, but why do people just not shoot Junkrat's tire?
Usually I'm the only one shooting at the tier while everyone is running away... I mostly play Mercy. Used to try signaling that my ult is ready so everyone stay trying to shot the tier while I back off getting ready to revive them if they fail, except everyone would also run away and Mercy is always the most tempting target. Fuck that shit, I just hold my ground and try to shoot it now.

Sayad

This has never been the case, at any point in the game lol.

And she is no where near 80 now especially. I rarely see her.
She was defiantly at near 100% the few days after the patch, I play D-Va a lot so I was excited for the patch, but I could barely try her the first week or so because there was always one if not two D-Vas on my team.

She was defiantly at near 100% the few days after the patch, I play D-Va a lot so I was excited for the patch, but I could barely try her the first week or so because there was always one if not two D-Vas on my team.
Well that's because people were trying her out then. Everyone is going to try out all the heroes that got changed. That timeframe is an exception, but after a few days, she was nowhere near 80 or 100%.

You can't expect a buffed hero NOT to get picked all the time right after a patch.

I haven't played McCree often enough lately and it bit us in the ass big time there. Pharmercy, and we couldn't make any kind of switch against it. Sorry guys, I am not confident in my aim at all at the moment. And I was doing well enough as Tracer that I just decided not to switch.

Good games otherwise though. Glad to have those golden Tracer guns.

antitrop

Lol you can easily win games with a solo healer.

Hell I won a game of comp once on Route 66 with ZERO healers on defense and they barely pushed the cart.
i didn't switch because I thought all hope was lost anyways but I was obviously wrong. I was also Zarya, so it's kind of a hard choice....
I've played too much of the game. I've had too many awful experiences solohealing that I just refuse anymore. I'll gladly play Lucio if someone else wants to play off-healer, but I'm just fucking done trying to put the entire team on my back like that. Not in this tank heavy meta.

Solohealing is just an invitation for your teammates to bitch at you and spam "I need healing!" every time you die. I'm done putting up with that.

As somebody who plays a lot of Zarya, it took me a little while to learn that I shouldn't just stand there with my shield up with a smug grin, and that I should actually try to shoot the thing down too. Because most competent Junkrats will either circle around for two seconds and kill you anyway, or just find an easier target and take a teammate or two out of the equation instead. Always, always shoot the tire.

I play a ton of Zarya and have learned the same thing. I'm on PS4 so aiming is more difficult than the PC but there are few things more satisfying than popping your shield and melting the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom