• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder what's their plan for weapon skins. That menu feels really lonely with the default and golden weapons. There's a lot of room to fill ;)

For weapons this is where I want them to pull some crazy ideas. Personally I'd like them to throw a surprise and have demonic looking weapons come along. Or some joke weapons like toys.

They better let us buy skins this time if all those from the comic will be added. I only want the Junkrat and Roadhog skins and getting them by luck seems almost impossible with such a large pool.

Blues1990

I've darted the Mercy flying with a Pharah.

Does that count?

I remember darting Pharah (that had a pocket Mercy) and she'd fallen into a pit. Since Mercy didn't have another teammate to fly to, that player had made a slow decent to their death.

Made it as my POTG, come to think of it.

This is a nice detail.

Kq0kJoh.jpg

Where is he touching

Man, does Mercy ever age? And, yes, Torb is holding onto that angelic booty.

I really wonder what's their plan for weapon skins. That menu feels really lonely with the default and golden weapons. There's a lot of room to fill ;)
I mean, legendary skins technically bring in their own weapon skins.

Although I really hope they add something else to buy with comp points because golden guns ain't gonna last much longer I think.

Prelude.

Is it hovering, though? She's arching her back.

Welp. I'm back below 1400 again.
Aren't you using the wrong heroes if you plan to go up? Your top comp&qp heroes are Torbjorn, Junkrat and D.Va. You clearly like them but they're not exactly the most game-changing characters, you can't reliably secure kills, and 2 of them can actually work against your team because of the free Zarya charge you're giving, D.Va is also not exceptionally good at anything other than maybe stalling. I'd recommend widening your characters pool.

aeolist

Banned
as far as the pro meta goes i don't think the ana nerf will do anything to her tier placement. her heals are still amazing especially with the jarate buff (which by itself will make zen even worse).

Danj

It's true brehs.

1kvImMaAT9i.png

Edit: Whoops. Mercy is D tier, not F in the latest Meta report.

Most of my favourite heroes are F tier :( I guess that's why I'm sucking then?

I tried being Soldier when someone told me to change out of Junkrat in a match today. We lost.

EDIT: oh wait, Soldier is F tier too :(

finalflame

Most of my favourite heroes are F tier :( I guess that's why I'm sucking then?

I tried being Soldier when someone told me to change out of Junkrat in a match today. We lost.

EDIT: oh wait, Soldier is F tier too :(

If you're playing exclusively F-tier heroes in competitive, that might be a problem, yes. While none of us are pros or play at that level, most of the F-tier heroes are there for a reason, and it's mostly that they lack consistent utility and/or are outclassed by other similar but better heroes.

Danj

End of Halloween event date leaked on Xbox, looks like it ends Nov 1.

If you're playing exclusively F-tier heroes in competitive, that might be a problem, yes. While none of us are pros or play at that level, most of the F-tier heroes are there for a reason, and it's mostly that they lack consistent utility and/or are outclassed by other similar but better heroes.

Okay. Are there any special ways to practice playing Reaper? (e.g. custom games with special settings like there are for practicing headshots and stuff)

Nimby

Banned
Those tiers aren't really ranking ability in any way. Just usage. Mercy/Soldier/Pharah aren't F Tier ability wise. All are perfectly capable they just get outclassed at the highest level of play.

Chance

One of the best ways to counter nano boosted targets.

If he had it on all the time like mercy, probably, yes.

But because of unnatural aging by amping all those speed boosts, he has the bones of an eighty year old. This is why Lucio heavily endorses milk products, and explains those robo-braces on his legs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Those tiers aren't really ranking ability in any way. Just usage. Mercy/Soldier/Pharah aren't F Tier ability wise. All are perfectly capable they just get outclassed at the highest level of play.

The entire Overwatch community thinks they're Grandmaster level tho

Skii

Okay. Are there any special ways to practice playing Reaper? (e.g. custom games with special settings like there are for practicing headshots and stuff)

Lol no. You just run around close range wrecking everyone. Keep holding that left click until you're back in platinum.

Probably a dumb question, but if I am earning loot boxes now, can I open them as Halloween boxes when/if the event starts?

I assume the answer is no...

Even then, the meta reports only apply to the last week or so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been playing a lot of TF2 again while I wait for the Halloween event.

There are definitely some 'gameplay feels' that feel better in TF2 than OW despite OW being a newer gmae. Particularly, Demo's grenade launcher and Soldier's rocket launcher. And the Engineer not being instantly countered by a trash bag if he gets set up

Blues1990

No, she has her own tech which keeps her young. And alive.

I know that Mei and Mercy have their personal exchanges about being forever young, but I'm surprised that none of the other heroes mentioned how unsettling it is that Mercy is basically immortal.

She's actually back to F in the latest meta report. Looks like you don't really keep up very much ;p

1kzgai8u3GT.png

You'd think Soldier 76 would be in the C-Tier, given that he's pretty well-rounded.

xaosslug

aren't you on PC? Meh @ Reaper, I would try to git gud w/ Zen, Roadhog, or McCree tbh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom