• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Pumpkin reaper is honestly the best.
I want Genji but i dont even know how they could halloween up genji

I don't think Genji will get another skin but then again, Mercy got one during the Summer games and is probably getting one here.

Nihon Genji is so good though. How do you improve on something that is already perfect?

Danj

Welp. I'm back below 1400 again.

Wv5A24l.jpg

I don't think Genji will get another skin but then again, Mercy got one during the Summer games and is probably getting one here.

Nihon Genji is so good though. How do you improve on something that is already perfect?

By letting me get it in the lootbox ;_; rip

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Mercy gets her Halloween skin but Torbjorn doesn't, it says everything there is to say about how Blizzard treats the Dwarf.

Also looking at the comic...potential secondary skins

King Reinhardt doesn't look too different from Admiral Reinhardt, just the hat is a crown.
Halloween Mercy's dress is a lot brighter and simpler than Evil Witch Mercy's dress.
Halloween Pumpkin Reaper doesn't have the chest buckles that Witch Servant Reaper has.

So going from the comic...

Witch Mercy
Pumpkin Reaper
Viking Torbjorn
Van Hellsing McCree
Captain Reinhardt
Pirate Ana
Mad Scientist Junkrat
Frankenstein Monster Roadhog

The 76 skin is already in the game so no need to mention that. And Ana took the Halloween photo

I feel like of these, the Junkrat, Roadhog, Reaper and Mercy are the most likely to be the legendary skins. They could probably pull off epic skins for the other costumes.

Skii

Welp. I'm back below 1400 again.

Where is your carry DPS and carry healer? Get on Reaper and Ana ASAP. You can't expect to do well when your most played hero is Torbjorn.

By letting me get it in the lootbox ;_; rip

As I'm switching from PS4 to PC, I know them feels. Why can't I transfer my stuff? I have all the cool summer skins on my PS4 account :(

tumblr_obkzh5coSf1s9nowho2_1280.png

Only Genji skin that matters.

I think I'd die against any Genji wearing that because I'd just stop taking the game seriously as soon as I see them.

Skyzard

Banned
I used to have so much fun with the game just playing quickplay, now I only get a thrill when I play competitive with a reasonable team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
9/10 chance we get Santa Torbjorn, Elf DVa inside a giant ornament, Christmas tree Bastion and Snowwoman Mei for Christmas

Blues1990

It's funny how the Daredevil 76 costume is actually cannon to the game, though it's a bummer that Jack didn't grow a moustache & worn a wig for the full set-up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny how the Daredevil 76 costume is actually cannon to the game, though it's a bummer that Jack didn't grow a moustache & worn a wig for the full set-up.

I don't know how canon that is to the game given Reaper basically getting the 'oh you knucklehead' treatment in the comic rather than 'fucking kill him'

The comic seems to be when Overwatch was still active. (Given how the original halloween picture on Winstons desk implies it's old, and the comic shows Ana taking the picture.) So they're all on the same side and so Reaper is still normal Reyes and not edgelord Reyes.

Blues1990

I don't know how canon that is to the game given Reaper basically getting the 'oh you knucklehead' treatment in the comic rather than 'fucking kill him'
This was before everything went to pot for Overwatch, right? Ana is also there taking the photo of viking Torb & sexy witch Mercy, so this comic takes place long before Ana lost her confidence, & Reaper seems pretty chill.

Well the comic takes place before the fallout between the two presumably, and particularly before the fall of Overwatch, so they're still buddies there.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Attack bastion welp.

We won because I kept nano boosting him in tank mode lol

That thing ain't no fucking joke.

Attack bastion welp.

We won because I kept nano boosting him in tank mode lol

That thing ain't no fucking joke.
It seems like attack Bastion can either be the dumbest thing ever or the best thing in the game. So many people who freak out over it. Ran into a golden gun Bastion who just destroyed us on both sides. I've never seen a Bastion that good. They are out there.....

I'm tempted to nano boost a Bastion in turret mode and watch him delete Reins shield instantly lol.

I actually want to see how fast he takes down Reins shield with a nano boost.....

Plesiades

Those costumes look great. We'll probably get the three ones featured on the cover as Legendaries. That said... it's going to be interesting to see this game's visual identity a year or two from now.

Well, just looking at videos, like when Seagull went bastion at that one tourney recently. Anything that is not a tank is 1 hit. And since it's AOE thats absurdly powerful. Tanks are possibly 2 or 3 hits.
Well you could already one shot all non tanks before, with maybe the exception of Bastion, so I would imagine you could 2 shot tanks with that.

Blues1990

Those costumes look great. We'll probably get the three ones featured on the cover as Legendaries. That said... it's going to be interesting to see this game's visual identity a year or two from now.
Hopefully, the developers will keep things in-check, so that it doesn't become too outlandish by then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

As long as it's total overall skins, that lets them keep a strong lock on the overall aesthetic. When you get into 'hat, accessories, face accessory' combinations, that's when it can go apeshit

As long as it's total overall skins, that lets them keep a strong lock on the overall aesthetic. When you get into 'hat, accessories, face accessory' combinations, that's when it can go apeshit
Well every time hats get mentioned in the B.net forums it gets downvoted into oblivion, so I think we are good there.

Well, just looking at videos, like when Seagull went bastion at that one tourney recently. Anything that is not a tank is 1 hit. And since it's AOE thats absurdly powerful. Tanks are possibly 2 or 3 hits.

Yeah i was nanoboosted and even non direct hits were getting me elims.

xaosslug

had a game on Numbani yesterday where I'm pretty sure the enemy team was imploding on voice chat or something? LOL

on defence they ROYALLY stomped us. It was no joke. Their Rein was nigh unstoppable, they had Lucio + Zen (we had Mercy) and they reached the last point w/ 4 minutes to spare. But on attack my team stepped it up, their Bastion defence was like nothing and we stomped back - had 3 mins to spare! :D It flips again, and we're on attack first. It's not going well at first. They run Roadhog instead of Rein and Torb instead of Bastion, only Lucio for heals, and they've got a Mei. We manage to get the first point in the last 60 seconds, and we're off! It's a all out fight after all out fight, peeps popping ult like they just don't care, I'm out of my meka more than I'm in it, we hit overtime before the 2nd point - but we manage to clinch it because one of the enemies decide to go Zarya and they're terrible! We hit the 2nd point and push it from the 2nd point to the last wholly in overtime! :-O

OK, things switch. We're ready to be stomped. Our McCree (who was really good w/ using his deadeye to zone the enemy out!) goes Torb (LOL!), and 2 other teammates go Zen + Lucio, this time! I'm prepared for an all-out battle... but it was a whimper, no BANG! The enemy team DOES NOT run the same team composition from earlier. instead they go Roadhog + Ana, w/ a Tracer, Lucio, (terrible) Reaper, and Mei. And they stagger their attack, coming in either 1 at a time or 2-3 at a time. I was flabbergasted that this was the same team that rushed us on defence only a few short minutes ago; all the unity/synchronicity they displayed earler was GONE, and we held the first point. Game went 6-3. It was EPIC. #NeverGiveUPPP

I'm more sad about no Sym. Why not witch Sym, instead of witch Mercy? As if her and the already highly picked Junk and Reaper need another reason to be played.

yeah, I do feel like if Blizz stepped their cosmetic game up w/ Symm peeps would run her more just on that alone/to show off. I remember during the Summer event I would see Symm a lot, and I'm pretty sure it was just because peeps wanted to show off her rhythmic gymnastics emote. xD

KiraFA37

I'm pretty sure Overwatch will implode if they don't release a Mercy witch skin
(and make tons of money when they do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom