• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

I am 195 lol. Same thing happened to me before the Summer Games update, i was around 98-99. But sadly i didn't have much time to play.

Let's hope i get some nice skins this time. If i keep my boxes they don't turn into Halloween ones after the update right?

Salarians

when you're Mercy, get pushed into a pit, and float around hoping a teammate will save you (they don't)

when you're not Mercy and you see your Mercy floating down a pit, and you run over to the edge to successfully save her

Alucrid

Banned
when you're Mercy, get pushed into a pit, and float around hoping a teammate will save you (they don't)

when you're not Mercy and you see your Mercy floating down a pit, and you run over to the edge to successfully save her

when you're not mercy and you see your mercy floating down a pit and you think "should have been lucio"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Looking at more of the matches, I'd say that at this level, if you really study up on your positioning, on your movements, and learning ult management, you should be able to level up pretty fast.

There are a lot of times where I see you just walking straight backwards or forwards to a junkrat spamming right at you.

Not just you specific, but I also do see a lot of people standing still or moving very predictably throughout. You can really take advantage of that as a reaper.

There's also a general lack of co-ordination as a team but that's endemic all the way to gold so I wouldn't sweat it. Which is why I recommended reaper, because he can be fairly self-sufficient against a team that isn't co-ordinated.

Like honestly, to be self-critical I would say my aiming is probably worse than what I've seen of yours when I'm off. So it's not really anything to do with the shooting (other than shooting way too far as reaper), it's more the other things.

darklin0

Banned
I am 195 lol. Same thing happened to me before the Summer Games update, i was around 98-99. But sadly i didn't have much time to play.

Let's hope i get some nice skins this time. If i keep my boxes they don't turn into Halloween ones after the update right?
Yes. When you get a box it is set in stone and the items do not change no matter how long you wait. Once the even starts you will get the event boxes instead of regular ones.
when you're not mercy and you see your mercy floating down a pit and you think "should have been lucio"

tumblr_inline_n5k74uvuKA1qej8a8.png

Skii

If it's on KOTH, I'll happily watch the Mercy fall to her death. It'll hopefully encourage them to pick a real healer for KOTH.

Antiwhippy

I honestly don't mind mercy in koth with the caveat that there's a pretty good pharah stuck at the end of her stick.

Video 1:

Hamamura
Having high ground is generally great but Reaper does very little damage from that distance. You also teleported behind the enemy team with less than 60 HP and continued to spray from mid range. As Reaper, you should get very close to the enemy, take them out with a couple of shots, take their soul and wraith form away if necessary.
It is also very risky to be that aggressive on the first point of Hanamura unless you really know what you are doing. Staying behind the choke point with your team is usually the best tactic.
You also run in 1v6 after your first respawn. If a team dies defending the first point it's usually best to give that point up and set up defenses on the second point.
After your second respawn you teleport to high ground, which is good. But then you waste time firing from mid-range again.

Similar issues happen on attack. You need to get much closer as Reaper. One time to try to flank from top right but three members of your team already died on point so you should fall back and wait.
Spamming "Attack the objective" won't help either. There are also some other mechanical mistakes: not reloading when you should, firing at a Reaper in wraith form and wasting your ult on a Reinhardt shield.

Volskaya Industries
I'm starting to think that you should play Soldier, not Reaper because you seem to prefer mid-range combat :p
You also miss several opportunities to attack a Mercy that is in range. Mercys and other supports should be prioritized over other targets most of the time. Shadow step is not an ability that you should use in combat.

Generally, you should work on the basics and try to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the hero you play. For Reaper you could check out some guides on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49r7SJDDRsg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8CaYF-Gmis

Antiwhippy

Wait, why waste an earthshatter when you have them in a graviton?

Just ask the zarya to shield you and start swinging.

I feel like I'm decent at support but I'm just stuck in 1800~1900 range lmao. Teams suck.
Also that feel when u get a rare skin but it's duplicate.

Idk, I see people do it all the time. Maybe it's so they can't shoot back and they're easy kills?

Although I agree, it's kind of a waste of an ult when they are already easy targets. Just throw in a fire strike and that's 100 damage for all of them. I also find that charging into the graviton works nice too, especially if there is a Dva sitting in it. Charge her out of there so your team can lay waste.

Or a Mei so she can't wall your team off.

Alucrid

Banned

it's definitely not the worst thing to do especially if they pop a sound barrier or something. earth shattering near the end of the graviton could give you the team wipe.

i didn't watch the video though so no idea if that applies here.

also blizzard needs to announce a one time unlock transfer or something so i can buy this on the pc already

Redmoon

Man I somehow feel like I've gotten bad with my good characters (Cree and 76).

Really showing today, specially in the comp games I played.

Guess I'll need to do something, and fast.

Antiwhippy

Idk, I see people do it all the time. Maybe it's so they can't shoot back and they're easy kills?

Although I agree, it's kind of a waste of an ult when they are already easy targets. Just throw in a fire strike and that's 100 damage for all of them. I also find that charging into the graviton works nice too, especially if there is a Dva sitting in it. Charge her out of there so your team can lay waste.

Or a Mei so she can't wall your team off.

Oh I know, I'm talking about the situation in that video specifically.

Jellie

Dunno they wanted it though and I didn't have a working mic to tell them that so I'd rather go through with a plan even if it's not great since it's better than nothing and didn't want them to start the blame game if it went badly and cause the team to tilt.
Plus I'm also a pretty bad Reinhardt anyway. Only went with him since we needed one and nobody else would change.

Man I somehow feel like I've gotten bad with my good characters (Cree and 76).

Really showing today, specially in the comp games I played.

Guess I'll need to do something, and fast.
Has it been an ongoing thing or just today? Don't worry about it if it's just today, everyone has those bad days, even with their mains. I'm a tank guy, but I was playing like shit as a tank last night. It happens.
Oh I know, I'm talking about the situation in that video specifically.
Ah, just saw that. Yeah if there's only two guys in the graviton, then there's no reason to earthshatter.

Now if it's the whole team.....then maybe.

Antiwhippy

Dunno they wanted it though and I didn't have a working mic to tell them that so I'd rather go through with a plan even if it's not great since it's better than nothing and didn't want them to start the blame game if it went badly and cause the team to tilt.

Fair enough then. I guess it didn't really matter in the end.

Also 50SR from that? Wow.

Maybe it's the internal MMR trying to compensate to where it believes you should be at?

Redmoon

Has it been an ongoing thing or just today? Don't worry about it if it's just today, everyone has those bad days, even with their mains. I'm a tank guy, but I was playing like shit as a tank last night. It happens.

Ah, just saw that. Yeah if there's only two guys in the graviton, then there's no reason to earthshatter.

Now if it's the whole team.....then maybe.

Since Friday. I dont play games alot right now (this is actually the only game I'm really playing minus GoW 4), so I'm very inconsistent but I'm usually more capable that what I've been doing lately. Only thing I've knowingly changed is running from all low @75% render (with model/textures at high) to running maxed with SLI. I don't wanna rule anything out so I'll go back to the old graphics setup, but I cant see how that would effect me that much.

Jellie

Fair enough then. I guess it didn't really matter in the end.

Also 50SR from that? Wow.

Maybe it's the internal MMR trying to compensate to where it believes you should be at?

Yeah dunno why I got 50. The rest of my games were 30+/- except for one with leavers where I got 2. Maybe because I got an achievment I get more SR. Can't think of anything else as to why it was so high when I did nothing.

Prelude.

Man, I haven't played in 2 weeks other than a few matches in the brawl. I really, really hope the update's gonna drop on tuesday. Not in the middle of the night preferably.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was taking a break despite wanting to play more because I know I'm just going to no-life quick play spam when the update hits.

antitrop

I feel like I'm decent at support but I'm just stuck in 1800~1900 range lmao. Teams suck.
Also that feel when u get a rare skin but it's duplicate.
I'm also a support main, but if you think you're at a significantly lower SR than you should be , pick hard carry heroes until you get back to where you think you belong.

When I was at 2200, I started going Zarya until I got back to around 2700 and then went back to supporting again. From there I was able to get to Diamond, because I was supporting players that worked much better as a team and my contributions weren't in vain.

There's also a strong case to be made for just playing what you're good at, there's no single solution for everyone.

darklin0

Banned
Well here's the first two of 5 games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_y8biX5YZw
Gained 50 here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEucxEK06Xo
Gained 2 here.
Anything you can see to improve on?

For the Rein match, when you got bubbled by the Zarya I would recommend dropping your shield and getting hit. When Zarya walked past your shield hang back so she can get charge easier and after a second that her bubble is up move forward so when she backs you cover her faster. When you use his E, remember to lead your shots. It is Eichenwalde so it wasn't affecting you too much but in a match were you there is more distance it becomes pretty key in helping you get Ult charge faster. When you ulted the Mercy and Roadhog at the end, you shot at the Roadhog. If you catch healers with your ult, make sure they are your focus. Nothing terrible but just a few things I would of done differently.

You were doing good though, especially with the dipping out of the way to recharge your shields. I have seen tons of Rein players mess up this key factor.

On attack it was a pretty short match but you played well. When the Rein charged you, you had two good options. Charge him so that you both get stunned and you don't lose much health or drop your shield and move. At your distance and with the wind up it has you could of strafed to the side and dodged the pin. Aside from that I can't say much more. It ended too quickly to see how you play during the Rein v. Rein mind games when you both have Ult ready.

The Ana game was pretty nice, you have the timing of the sleep dart down. I still have not gotten used to the wind up it has and I end up missing a lot of them.

I'd like to see what you consider a real healer when Lucio gets inevitably nerfed again
lol

Any nerf to Lucio would make him free fall. He's right where he needs to be, even if he has a high pick rate.

Hell, as long as he has a speed boost, he will have a high pick rate.

But Mercy sure as shit ain't viable on KOTH unless Pharah is hugging her.

J_Viper

So i sold my PS4 copy a while back, but now that I've got myself a new PC, I'm thinking of buying it again

How's the PC population? Can I still get into "casual" matches with folks that aren't level 1000?

So i sold my PS4 copy a while back, but now that I've got myself a new PC, I'm thinking of buying it again

How's the PC population? Can I still get into "casual" matches with folks that aren't level 1000?

PC population is big enough to not worry about seeing lvl 1000's anytime soon so you'll easily find your casual match.

Jellie

For the Rein match, when you got bubbled by the Zarya I would recommend dropping your shield and getting hit. When Zarya walked past your shield hang back so she can get charge easier and after a second that her bubble is up move forward so when she backs you cover her faster. When you use his E, remember to lead your shots. It is Eichenwalde so it wasn't affecting you too much but in a match were you there is more distance it becomes pretty key in helping you get Ult charge faster. When you ulted the Mercy and Roadhog at the end, you shot at the Roadhog. If you catch healers with your ult, make sure they are your focus. Nothing terrible but just a few things I would of done differently.

You were doing good though, especially with the dipping out of the way to recharge your shields. I have seen tons of Rein players mess up this key factor.

On attack it was a pretty short match but you played well. When the Rein charged you, you had two good options. Charge him so that you both get stunned and you don't lose much health or drop your shield and move. At your distance and with the wind up it has you could of strafed to the side and dodged the pin. Aside from that I can't say much more. It ended too quickly to see how you play during the Rein v. Rein mind games when you both have Ult ready.

The Ana game was pretty nice, you have the timing of the sleep dart down. I still have not gotten used to the wind up it has and I end up missing a lot of them.

Yeah I need to work with the team more with Rein I guess. Better decisions with him would be better like you said with the charge and focusing on the mercy. Didn't really do anything on attack tbh.

I'm just annoyed that Ana game only gave two points. Thought they changed it last season so that if you had leavers it wouldn't affect it.
Got another Ana game uploaded now. It'll process in four minutes.

caesar

Banned
Yes I do have a couple of vids now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bEhF1QrwY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumoH3lEPP4

1. No point even shooting at that range with Reaper. Switch heros.

2. You're not aiming you are just walking forward holding m1. A lot of Reapers do this even in diamond because they expect the target to die. Pick your shots.

3. Your movement is walking forward in a straight line. Spam left right.

4. You fight to the death everytime. Go and get health packs or use his escape ability.

5. Your sensitivity looks way too high to me. What is it?

6. Pharah literally destroys everyone at lower ranks. People cant even look up and if they do they cant shoot you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom