• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

Second last game I captured today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ATIIcad0Q
It's a loss and longer than the others I posted so lots of critique please.
The game was pretty much just a mess. At one point my team uses 5 ults at once, I nano a Lucio and pretty much everytime I sleep dart a nano boosted target they get woken up straight away, so pretty frustrating match.

You got bad teammates. Nothing really bad stands out from your side except from your lack of communication.

If you don't want teammates shooting at nano boosted targets better call it over voice comms that you're about to sleep him. For many heroes it takes time from clicking the mouse to actually damaging the enemy.

Also, in general since you're in the back line you should tell your teammates when to group up and when to fall back. You shouldn't hold so forward in Dorado and you should always pick the high ground if you have that option.
It's easy to lose track of everyone if you're a tank or dps.

Laputa_94

The don't think Tracer does that, except maybe in that parody movie.

q2lRw_.gif

You know I wonder if Sombras hacking abilities will involve giving a negative effect to enemies and the other ability would be giving her teammates a positive effect.

And then maybe her ult multiplies it???

Or maybe her ult hacks her gun making it do crazy shit.

xaosslug

You know I wonder if Sombras hacking abilities will involve giving a negative effect to enemies and the other ability would be giving her teammates a positive effect.

Sombra's ult can hack enemies revealing who is about to have/has ult up by %... sort of like Widowmaker's sight... ;)

DevilDog

Sombra's ult is the ability to imitate any other character's ult.

Skii

Did another hour on the practice range today and my left hand is killing me. Genji on PC is no joke and constantly needing to press shift is hurting my hand lol. Does everyone do hand exercises or is there something wrong with me?

DevilDog

Did another hour on the practice range today and my left hand is killing me. Genji on PC is no joke and constantly needing to press shift is hurting my hand lol. Does everyone do hand exercises or is there something wrong with me?

How exactly do you place your hand on the keyboard?

Also if it isn't convenient, just rebind it to another one. Maybe switch it to Q and bind the ultimate to another key.

Jellie

You got bad teammates. Nothing really bad stands out from your side except from your lack of communication.

If you don't want teammates shooting at nano boosted targets better call it over voice comms that you're about to sleep him. For many heroes it takes time from clicking the mouse to actually damaging the enemy.

Also, in general since you're in the back line you should tell your teammates when to group up and when to fall back. You shouldn't hold so forward in Dorado and you should always pick the high ground if you have that option.
It's easy to lose track of everyone if you're a tank or dps.
The mic I used on PS4 doesn't work properly on my PC for some reason. It's really quiet and if I amp up the volume it also amps static up so not really usable. Might have to buy a new mic soon.
I did have some cramps when I moved from PS4 too but not because of shift, though I haven't played genji yet.

DevilDog

The mic I used on PS4 doesn't work properly on my PC for some reason. It's really quiet and if I amp up the volume it also amps static up so not really usable. Might have to buy a new mic soon.

On the bottom right corner of the screen there should be a speaker icon. Right click and go to Recording devices. Find your microphone, right click and select properties, turn your microphone level to 100.

Jellie

On the bottom right corner of the screen there should be a speaker icon. Right click and go to Recording devices. Find your microphone, right click and select properties, turn your microphone level to 100.

That's what I mean by when I amp it up.

Skii

How exactly do you place your hand on the keyboard?

Also if it isn't convenient, just rebind it to another one. Maybe switch it to Q and bind the ultimate to another key.

Index finger on D, middle finger on W/S, ring finger on A, pinky on shift and thumb on space bar. And then I use index for E and ring for Q. Is that how I'm supposed to do it?

I've also rebinded reload and melee to the mouse buttons. I might test my abilities or there next.

I did have some cramps when I moved from PS4 too but not because of shift, though I haven't played genji yet.

Yeah maybe my hands just cramping from WASD movement. Did you get over it? Or are you still getting pain/cramp?

ohkay

What fingers do you place on which keys? Took me a little bit to readjust to Genji on PC vs PS4 (though getting used to Tracer took longer), but I've also played a fair amount of shooters on PC

Edit:
Index finger on D, middle finger on W/S, ring finger on A, pinky on shift and thumb on space bar. And then I use index for E and ring for Q. Is that how I'm supposed to do it?
Those are the normal finger positions so maybe it's just a matter of getting used to using those finger muscles more

Jellie

Ok I thought you just boosted it and it came out distorted.
Boosted it and put the levels to 100. I might try fiddling with some more settings later.

I've also rebinded reload and melee to the mouse buttons. I might test my abilities or there next.

Yeah maybe my hands just cramping from WASD movement. Did you get over it? Or are you still getting pain/cramp?
I got over it within a week I think. Mine was my right hand with the mouse. I also bought a bigger mouse pad so that might have helped me since I no longer used my wrist to aim.

DevilDog

Yeah thats pretty legit. The only thing I would recommend is that you place your fingers like how pianists do it. At least that is how I did it.

Hope this helps, different people have different preferences though when it comes to it.

Skii

What fingers do you place on which keys? Took me a little bit to readjust to Genji on PC vs PS4 (though getting used to Tracer took longer), but I've also played a fair amount of shooters on PC

Edit:
Those are the normal finger positions so maybe it's just a matter of getting used to using those finger muscles more

I got over it within a week I think. Mine was my right hand with the mouse. I also bought a bigger mouse pad so that might have helped me since I no longer used my wrist to aim.

Yeah thats pretty legit. The only thing I would recommend is that you place your fingers like how pianists do it. At least that is how I did it.

Hope this helps, different people have different preferences though when it comes to it.

Alright thanks guys. Since I can finally start playing QP on Tuesday, I'll probably get used to it with more game time. Maybe I should lay off Genji for now though lol.

That would be so OP.....

I want to see that in action lol.

Maybe she could imitate the opponents last ultimate? That could be pretty cool.

xaosslug

The game was pretty much just a mess. At one point my team uses 5 ults at once, I nano a Lucio and pretty much everytime I sleep dart a nano boosted target they get woken up straight away, so pretty frustrating match.

hmm, something I noticed was that when you prioritized healing your teammates/sleeping imminent threats y'all did well in your little skirms, but when you went for kills and healing was secondary that's when things usually went sideways, and by the time you went back to healing your teammates there was usually only 1-2 left and y'all would get overwhelmed. Also, very bad payload management. Y'all would abandon it to chase kills too many times.

that said you have great aim (some nice, clutch sleep darting!) and the grenade in Zarya's graviton surge was awesome. xD

Jellie

hmm, something I noticed was that when you prioritized healing your teammates/sleeping imminent threats y'all did well in your little skirms, but when you went for kills and healing was secondary that's when things usually went sideways, and by the time you went back to healing your teammates there was usually only 1-2 left and y'all would get overwhelmed. Also, very bad payload management. Y'all would abandon it to chase kills too many times.

that said you have great aim (some nice, clutch sleep darting!) and the grenade in Zarya's graviton surge was awesome. xD

Decided to check and my quick play stats show my healing is around double my damage but in comp its even. Probably because want to get more SR for wins by getting more kills I guess. But yeah should focus on healing more thanks.

The whole game was a mess. Everyone was running around everywhere.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Motherfucker, i kinda hate hanamura now because when i do play there i pull out mei, get a draw more often than not and that registers as a loss on overbuff.

Yeah, that game is mostly bad teammates. Although a few things to add on top of what I said earlier.

-There were a few moments where I'm wondering why you zoomed in at midrange when being engaged directly. The speed loss while in zoom hurts a lot more than the potential accuracy gain. You probably had a better chance at landing 2 hip shots in the time of the zoomed shot.

Regarding the zoom, the moment that really struck me was zoom shots into Reins shield at the start. I know we just shoot in the shield to weaken it. But there is really no advantage to a zoom shot into the shield. Just hip fire it, and you keep larger situational awareness and mobility. You did that later in the match so it's probably not entirely a habit yet.

Jellie

Yeah, that game is mostly bad teammates. Although a few things to add on top of what I said earlier.

-There were a few moments where I'm wondering why you zoomed in at midrange when being engaged directly. The speed loss while in zoom hurts a lot more than the potential accuracy gain. You probably had a better chance at landing 2 hip shots in the time of the zoomed shot.

Regarding the zoom, the moment that really struck me was zoom shots into Reins shield at the start. I know we just shoot in the shield to weaken it. But there is really no advantage to a zoom shot into the shield. Just hip fire it, and you keep larger situational awareness and mobility. You did that later in the match so it's probably not entirely a habit yet.

I tend to zoom if there are people near the shield. If on my team so I can heal them quickly and if on their team might be able to kill them if another person is shooting at them. Though I don't really think about it too much. In a 1 v 1 though yeah it's better to hip fire. I'm just not confortable yet due to it being projectile. Eg the reaper at the beginning I tried scope but had to run so hip fired. Missed most of the shots but got away.

A lot of things that are sniper habits work if you're WM. But Ana is so unconventional that it takes time to realize these things, which work for every other sniper out there doesn't work for Ana.

Win a hard-fought 3-2 KOTH on Lijiang, go 58-9, get play of the game. Feels like a good place to stop.

I'm up 50 points on the day, mostly just playing Mei. Because fuck everybody, that's why.

Thx for the diamond guys, I was hearing you in chat :)

GGs on KOTH, that 1st round in Lijiang I changed to Genji because I was thinking the other dude wanted to play Lucio since that was is most played character on par with Zarya.

Vault, it felt great being nanoboosted as Lucio xD
I've seen that happen so many times lol, it' really bad luck. Have you tried to map that ability to L3 instead of /\? It's where I use it and it feels very intuitive.

Veelk

Banned
You know, I don't think that Sombra will be another support character, but she'd actually be pretty clutch if she reset the cooldowns on other members abilities or accelerated other Ult build up. That's the only thing that I can think that would make sense with her hacker motif other than specifically targetting mechanically inclined players, like D.Va, Genji and Zenyatta which I don't think is gonna be something Blizzard plans on doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom