• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for the diamond guys, I was hearing you in chat :)

GGs on KOTH, that 1st round in Lijiang I changed to Genji because I was thinking the other dude wanted to play Lucio since that was is most played character on par with Zarya.

Vault, it felt great being nanoboosted as Lucio xD
I've seen that happen so many times lol, it' really bad luck. Have you tried to map that ability to L3 instead of /? It's where I use it and it feels very intuitive.
Yea glad we could get you to diamond. And I set a new season high just to promptly lose three in a row, I was getting pretty salty. Good games though.

Thx for the diamond guys, I was hearing you in chat :)

GGs on KOTH, that 1st round in Lijiang I changed to Genji because I was thinking the other dude wanted to play Lucio since that was is most played character on par with Zarya.

Vault, it felt great being nanoboosted as Lucio xD
I've seen that happen so many times lol, it' really bad luck. Have you tried to map that ability to L3 instead of /\? It's where I use it and it feels very intuitive.

Yeah good games.

Losing streak came out of nowhere. Looks like I need to work on more secondaries.

Yea glad we could get you to diamond. And I set a new season high just to promptly lose three in a row, I was getting pretty salty. Good games though.

Yeah good games.

Losing streak came out of nowhere. Looks like I need to work on more secondaries.

Yeah, Gibraltar and Hanamura were strange, but it happens. Overall it was 2-3 so not really that bad, should have been KOTH all day though, we were pretty great there :)

Actually...something that can be very useful for Sombra is a cloaking wall/screen.

Allies can see through it normally, enemies can't see you through it (Hanzo Arrow and WM ult can see enemies regardless. Turrets still autotrack through it). Enemy shots damage the wall and it doesn't have much HP so it's not really a frontline option. Anyone can walk through it though. It should be at best, 3/4th as wide as a rein shield. Last only say 6 seconds. with of course a long cool down.

If used in a corner then it's possible the enemy can completely pass by you.

You weren't the only one. I think tilt contributes to losing streaks, so next time things start getting tense or I can feel my own sodium levels rising, I need to bail instead of waiting for the 80 SR freefall.

Coordination kinda disappeared. But we had a few good ones.

I kinda feel bad for Dakar, since he got pulled in on the downslide.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had an amazing moment on the 2nd point of Volskaya in QP on Attack as D.Va where our Reaper and the enemy Reaper were squaring off and both popped Death Blossom, I popped my Defense Matrix and covered ours as he cleared out the enemy Reaper and two others. I even got a Triple cause I had shot each of them prior. (òωó)

Majine

Banned
I love standing on the opposite edge from the capture point in the Nepal temple as Roadhog and pulling people into the pit. They always ignore me standing there too.

You weren't the only one. I think tilt contributes to losing streaks, so next time things start getting tense or I can feel my own sodium levels rising, I need to bail instead of waiting for the 80 SR freefall.

Yea poor Dakar.

And yea -79 after the season high. I shouldn't let that happen :/

I feel bad it started as soon as I showed up. Adding in my SQ games earlier I'm a tasty 1-5 on the day, with a 5 game losing streak.

Also, every Dva I run into as Zen is always the same.

Throw discord on her.
Shoot her a couple times.
She puts up DM.
Charge alt fire while DM is going.

Alt fire+discord+giant headshot hitbox=insanely dead Dva.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Still true though, she gets countered by so many things. She's the pharah of tanks, except that pharah is sorta in vogue now because the things she counters are in vogue, while the thing DVa counters are stuck in F-tier with her while the things that counter her are in every comp.

Well I mean...the case I brought up with Zen is more of a case of I've never run into a Dva who knew how to boost away or just shoot me while I'm charging up :p

I was mainly referring to the massive critical hitbox haha. She such an easy target to pick on, while not being a counter to anyone except Torb(who's not used) and Winston(who will have an orb or Zarya bubble making the advantage moot).

Obviously doesn't help that her hard counter is like the second most picked hero(Zarya) with Mei/Reaper also being really popular picks. Reinhardt is a mainstay and can usually block her ult. She doesn't really have the team synergy that the other tanks have either(bar Roadhog), but at least Roadhog can secure picks much more efficiently. She's not breaking out of F tier without a buff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just had a Mystery Heroes where the enemy team on Defense had Mei, Zarya, Roadhog and double Mercy.

Every time I kill Mercy, it just rezes the other one. That was fun.

I really want to play this game again, but i had just hit 101 last time I was on do I might as well wait for the Halloween event at this point. Wish they'd just say something officially already.

Chance

Just had a Mystery Heroes where the enemy team on Defense had Mei, Zarya, Roadhog and double Mercy.

Every time I kill Mercy, it just rezes the other one. That was fun.

Did a QP last night on Gibraltar. Enemy was all Mercy, we were a standard comp and they very slowly whupped our asses. It was hilarious and awesome.

dnN1uxb.jpg

What the fuck is this bullshit?

I lost two levels

Roubjon

Man I just checked that colossusofcloud guy on overbuff and he's the number 14 Rein in the world.

God damn, that would suck knowing.

For some reason yesterday I got matched with two people ranked 84 and 250 in the Top 500 on PS4. They were really good and we won, to no one's surprise.

Also, every Dva I run into as Zen is always the same.

Throw discord on her.
Shoot her a couple times.
She puts up DM.
Charge alt fire while DM is going.

Alt fire+discord+giant headshot hitbox=insanely dead Dva.

They just stand there while doing the DM? The whole point is to use it quickly to get to cover. Or in clutch situations where ults are going off.

Also I just checked that evanmario guy who was ranked 24.

#3 Pharah
#2 Genji
#7 Reaper

Holy fuck.
They just stand there while doing the DM? The whole point is to use it quickly to get to cover. Or in clutch situations where ults are going off.
You wouldn't believe how many people do that....

Also I just checked that evanmario guy who was ranked 24.

#3 Pharah
#2 Genji
#7 Reaper

Holy fuck.

You wouldn't believe how many people do that....
Yea every time I cross the 3300 threshold and then solo queue the game just says 'fuck you lets see if you're ready for the big leagues'

The answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom