• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zarya, gold elims, gold obj kills, gold obj time, silver dmg
Reinhardt, silver elims, silver obj kills, silver obj time, gold dmg
Zen, bronze elims, bronze obj kills, bronze obj time, bronze dmg, silver healing
Lucio, gold healing

Then there's a Reaper and a Pharah....

Whats wrong with this picture?

Yeah...I need to take a break. The teams I've been getting had absurdly bad DPS.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Zarya, gold elims, gold obj kills, gold obj time, silver dmg
Reinhardt, silver elims, silver obj kills, silver obj time, gold dmg
Zen, bronze elims, bronze obj kills, bronze obj time, bronze dmg, silver healing
Lucio, gold healing

Then there's a Reaper and a Pharah....

Whats wrong with this picture?

Yeah...I need to take a break. The teams I've been getting had absurdly bad DPS.

Yeah PC Competitive is extremely frustrating either solo or in a group of 2. Everyone runs to DPS so you try to tank or heal. Then they ask you why "Noone is countering the McCree". If you say anything in return, they give up and play symmetra or torb on offense and throw the match on purpose.

I also just added a bunch of people from the doc sheet. bomb#1772

Yeah, my stamina and patience for PC solo Q is running low. Been able to do what I can but there's only so much I can carry. I like the challenge of seeing how far I can get on solo queue but it's fighting a war of attrition.

For every team I get that works together and does their role I get 3 bad teams that have people doing their own things.

aeolist

Banned
even when i'm stacking comp queue just destroys me some nights.

my 3 stack had 2 games in a row where we got paired with another 3 stack and none of them would even join voice chat let alone talk. unless the other team is throwing that's basically impossible to win in my experience.

cyborg009

Banned
dnN1uxb.jpg

What the fuck is this bullshit?

I lost two levels

I assume because of groups. But sometimes groups freaking suck more than randoms.

Yeah, but it's more different mentality. Trying to rank up you start focusing on the streaks and whatnot. Just getting points pretty much changes everything into get as many games in and win.

That's true, a less stressful experience I'm sure.
I'll be happy to hit plat...I need those 800cp

komaruR

I almost want to message that guy and ask if he streams just so I can see what it looks like lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/colossusofcloud
been watching him since last month. he's pretty cool and chill. great rein and zarya player

I've played against EvanMario's team a few times. His pharah is really good at ulting our entire team. You can see him on colossusofcloud's past streams (I'm in a few of the matches as well). We actually just beat them last match lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/colossusofcloud
coloussus calls plays alot;which leads to evanmario's pharah ults

lightus

Do I have a bad connection or are the PS4 servers not the best?

I almost always have the orange lightning bolt icon (client-server issue?) and there's noticeable lag every few games. I typically get at the very least 5mb up/down. I can't speak for the ping as I'm unaware of how to check this on console.

It's not a huge deal since I primary just mess around playing solo quick play but it can get frustrating when I'm just trying to unwind after work.

AbaFadi

Banned
YES @ you doing the damn thing as D.Va, most of the time! Drag the haters and doubters that say you can't climb in comp w/ D.Va. T__T

Yeah I climbed to masters using primarily D.Va, but switched to Zarya mid-masters. Even though I average more damage and elims with D.Va, I prefer Zarya since she can combine ults with someone and kill most of the enemy team.

Owzers

I'm getting demoralized playing in comp games below my rank, I play rein a lot and the lower the rank level the worse games seem to go.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm getting demoralized playing in comp games below my rank, I play rein a lot and the lower the rank level the worse games seem to go.

Yeah, Rein has a hard time without teammates that know what they're doing. At lower ranks you definitely have to play a lot more aggressively to pick up the slack.

xaosslug

Yeah I climbed to masters using primarily D.Va, but switched to Zarya mid-masters. Even though I average more damage and elims with D.Va, I prefer Zarya since she can combine ults with someone and kill most of the enemy team.

yeah, I feel ya. Do you happen to have any vids? I'd love to see D.Va play at higher levels (beyond stall tactics) :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean that's the point of competition isn't it? Too face tougher challengers and pit yourself against the best.

Otherwise it's just... raising a number?

ricelord

I mean that's the point of competition isn't it? Too face tougher challengers and pit yourself against the best.

Otherwise it's just... raising a number?

the thing is that for some reason there is a big gap between 33XX and 37XX.some times teams are fair and even and other times shit like that happen and shouldn't be.

AbaFadi

Banned
yeah, I feel ya. Do you happen to have any vids? I'd love to see D.Va play at higher levels (beyond stall tactics) :D

No sorry, no videos. At higher ranks, a lot of playing D.Va is just avoiding Zarya. She can do a lot of damage as long as Zarya isn't attacking you. Her ultimate is pretty much useless at high rank though, aside from clearing the point for a few seconds. If the other team isn't running a Zarya, D.Va can do pretty well I think.

AbaFadi

Banned
Where are you high rankers finding people to group with?

I usually run three-man groups with people I met in-game. I don't like running 6-man since you don't get as many points for winning since you're usually paired up with much lower ranked teams.

When a team is asking the lucio to lead a push on Anubis.

But your team consists of Tracer, Hanzo, Winston, Dva, Zen.

The Lucio and Zen are at the choke waiting. Hanzo sticking to some random platform sniping away. The Tracer, Winston, Dva going their own flank routes. Why the hell did they ask for the Lucio to speedboost a push when there's no one but the Zen to speed boost...

cyborg009

Banned
Gotta love people talking crap on voice channel and calling me names. Then are amazed that I saved point A with freaking torb. Next on attack I was ana and give my ultimate twice to zarya(would been three times if I didn't die in the end) and someone had the nerve to say that I did use it at all during the game. In the end we got a draw..

ricelord

I'll see these examples and raise you this one:

This happened twice in a row, though at least the first time around I had top 500's on my team as well...

It sure makes the struggle to get out of that 2500-2600 bracket more difficult.

my god... O_O

darklin0

Banned

This happened twice in a row, though at least the first time around I had top 500's on my team as well...

It is fine. The unranked and silver player made it totally okay. /s

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Wow, what the hell. I'm not able to play with anyone for placements while being Diamond so I wonder how they're grouped.

He isn't even high enough level to actually be in comp either.

Antiwhippy

0-2 earlier tonight, 0-2 late at night.

I'm in the abyss. well, the platinum abyss, but still.

That ain't the abyss, it's more like earth.

Grandmaster to master is heaven, diamond is halfway there, platinum is earth, gold is the purgatory, silver & bronze is where the abyss lies.

KarmaCow

Wait hold on. First off I thought there was a SR limit for grouping with people (1000 for sub diamond, 500 for above) and second, I thought only people lower than diamond could be in placement matches?

Owzers

That ain't the abyss, it's more like earth.

Grandmaster to master is heaven, diamond is halfway there, platinum is earth, gold is the purgatory, silver & bronze is where the abyss lies.
I either stop playing or I prepare for the end. Need Halloween boxes and good dps allies.

xaosslug

0-2 earlier tonight, 0-2 late at night.

I'm in the abyss. well, the platinum abyss, but still.

literally me wrt our DPS in those matches:

QCXyySn.gif

smdh, we weren't doing bad, either. Things just fell apart, especially on R666. Those guys on mic were annoying, too! Nothing was ever good enugh for them. LOL

Antiwhippy

Okay which one of you guys is this:

I Feel The Phantom Pain

This is most definitely someone throwing games in order to do the trendy thing of working yourself back to the top from a super low SR.

Seems like the thing people like to do ever since ster did it.

Antiwhippy

this is a trendy thing? >.>

Yeah like you see posts on r/competitiveoverwatch going "Yeah I went to a super low level just to see if elo hell exist and I made my way back so it totally doesn't" without thinking that fuckers like them are why elo hell exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom