• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

Yeah like you see posts on r/competitiveoverwatch going "Yeah I went to a super low level just to see if elo hell exist and I made my way back so it totally doesn't" without thinking that fuckers like them are why elo hell exists.

holy crap, wow... that really pisses me off and makes me not want to soloQ ever. >__<

PatjuhR

Lol wtf.

I was playing vs AI with a friend who played Overwatch for the first time. And Easy and Medium are a total joke lol. Had to actually laugh about it. But then I went to play against hard. We got absolutely steamrolled every game.

Maybe it was against I was matchmaking with my low level friend and we got lesser skilled players with us, but it was absolutely disgusting. I always thought I was a decent player but apparently I'm just cannon fodder aswell.

KyleCross

Lol wtf.

I was playing vs AI with a friend who played Overwatch for the first time. And Easy and Medium are a total joke lol. Had to actually laugh about it. But then I went to play against hard. We got absolutely steamrolled every game.

Maybe it was against I was matchmaking with my low level friend and we got lesser skilled players with us, but it was absolutely disgusting. I always thought I was a decent player but apparently I'm just cannon fodder aswell.

Yep, my experience with Vs. AI too. Easy and Normal you absolutely dominate, even in a group of randoms. But Hard is all SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. Won one game against the Hard AI after losing several and after seeing that you basically get the same level of XP you do against Easy and Normal I peaced out.

Ramirez

dnN1uxb.jpg

What the fuck is this bullshit?

I lost two levels

I'm coming back soon, buddy. Destiny has broken me this weekend.

LiK

I feel like I've heard that from most destiny players I know.

I think Destiny probably explains why I will never get into regular MMOs. Once you get too close to a community, it can cause problems. I'm gonna just reset my expectations. Once I get the last two trophies, I'm pretty much done with the game for good. Will probably uninstall it too. OW will be my go-to online FPS.

Yep, my experience with Vs. AI too. Easy and Normal you absolutely dominate, even in a group of randoms. But Hard is all SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. Won one game against the Hard AI after losing several and after seeing that you basically get the same level of XP you do against Easy and Normal I peaced out.

I never knew you got xp from AI. Learn somethin new everyday on gaf.

Anne

Yeah like you see posts on r/competitiveoverwatch going "Yeah I went to a super low level just to see if elo hell exist and I made my way back so it totally doesn't" without thinking that fuckers like them are why elo hell exists.

Deranking has always been a thing for different reasons. There are very few people deranking with the purpose of climbing back up by themselves. Most of the time people are deranking to create smurfs for themselves or others. The way people use smurfs varies quite a bit, but afaik smurfing hasn't been extremely popular in Overwatch as a form of griefing due to the price tag associated.

maomaoIYP

Deranking has always been a thing for different reasons. There are very few people deranking with the purpose of climbing back up by themselves. Most of the time people are deranking to create smurfs for themselves or others. The way people use smurfs varies quite a bit, but afaik smurfing hasn't been extremely popular in Overwatch as a form of griefing due to the price tag associated.

It's moderately popular on PS4 I think, but the intended purpose can vary.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Hmm, I've seen people expressedly deranking on their main account.

I've personally met a few people with big falls in rank that played so strangely I can't help but feel like they're throwing to derank.

komaruR

Lol wtf.

Hard ai got godlike aimbot. There is a way to beat them tho. Just get a rein and get dps behind rein. The ai just bum rush with zen, zarya, soldier usually.
In short, ai are dum but got aimbot on.

I'm guessing on PS4 you don't need to buy the game again, you just need a new account and to pay for PS+?
You dont need psn+ on your alt. As long your main acc has psn+ and is set to primary for that same console, every acc will share the online func.

maomaoIYP

I'm guessing on PS4 you don't need to buy the game again, you just need a new account and to pay for PS+?

You don't even need to pay for the extra PS+, all accounts on the same PS4 can use online services as long as one account is paying for PS+.
I played on my smurf to prove that MMR exists, and that placements don't really factor season 1 SR nor MMR.

PatjuhR

Hard ai got godlike aimbot. There is a way to beat them tho. Just get a rein and get dps behind rein. The ai just bum rush with zen, zarya, soldier usually.
In short, ai are dum but got aimbot on.

Yea, lol, I guess that works.

I was absolutely killed by S74's Helix Rockets.

darklin0

Banned
Errone playing destiny while I sit here and have OW open in the background and do nothing most days.

Edit: I am tired, what am I talking about?

Anne

Ah yeah, if that's how PS4 works then I'd have like 3-4 accounts at this point tbh.

I don't get why people would derank their main account though. If people are doing that they are probably just ass.

Smurfing is a weird thing. I've done it for various reasons, but don't do it for monetary gain or griefing purposes. If Overwatch had a game mode that was unranked with the rules set of comp my incentive for smurfing in OW would basically disappear.

Anne

I'm kinda surprised how resistant they are to that idea.

CSGO is like this too and it baffles me. We've had to have smurfs on that game too often because we can't get people into the competitive gamemode with us to teach them how to play. Nobody likes having to fuck with matchmaking and MMR levels just to play with their friends, but that's what we have to do.

CSGO has an economy that encourages smurfing and it's much easier to grief with, but that's the main gist with OW for a majority of people. It's not great to have the MM levels be wonky in a match due to a smurf existing, but you literally can't play that ruleset with just main accounts thanks to the restrictions.

exYle

I'm coming back soon, buddy. Destiny has broken me this weekend.

Fuck, dude. IB just shit down my throat in terms of loot drops. And I learned how to play well in Crucible again but it doesn't feel near as good.

OW may give me shitty drops but at least that doesn't hold me back in the meta. God

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fuck, dude. IB just shit down my throat in terms of loot drops. And I learned how to play well in Crucible again but it doesn't feel near as good.

OW may give me shitty drops but at least that doesn't hold me back in the meta. God

you make this too easy man

i won't even say anything

darklin0

Banned
3-2 for tonight and I am 66 points up. I call that a win. Could of gone 4-1 but we were too slow to change our heroes when they did. It wasn't a terrible loss but I felt like we could of taken the win.

MGrant

I'm getting so many Reapers on my teams today who don't flank. Lots of pushing directly into the front lines of the enemy, but no one seems to use shadow step to jump behind a distracted enemy at all.

Mush

I'm pretty sure Sombra is trying to hack me, and here's why:

On Friday, after a week away from the game, I log on to find 11x Loot Boxes waiting for me. There's no transaction history on PSN, my credit card, or anything. I opened them all up too, just to make sure
(I'm already dead)
it wasn't some weird glitch and nope, all there.

Then on Saturday, voice chat is mysteriously borked. I can't hear anyone and I can't connect to any of the different channels. I'm thinking this could be due to changing routers recently, but come on guys, we all know who it really was.

And then to top it all off, last night all my custom control layouts had been reset to default.

S O M B R A

MGrant

I'm pretty sure Sombra is trying to hack me, and here's why:

On Friday, after a week away from the game, I log on to find 11x Loot Boxes waiting for me. There's no transaction history on PSN, my credit card, or anything. I opened them all up too, just to make sure
(I'm already dead)
it wasn't some weird glitch and nope, all there.

Then on Saturday, voice chat is mysteriously borked. I can't hear anyone and I can't connect to any of the different channels. I'm thinking this could be due to changing routers recently, but come on guys, we all know who it really was.

And then to top it all off, last night all my custom control layouts had been reset to default.

S O M B R A

The 11 Lootboxes were a glitch that were only supposed to be given to Asian users, but somehow got given to others.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm getting close to lvl 100, if I start saving up lootboxes, do they get converted into halloween lootboxes automatically when the update hits? Or are they separate?

I'm screaming, this just happened

image5ryn5.jpeg

I kept focusing their healers, who were completely defenseless to freeze -> right click in each round of Lijiang in Competitive, which let us absolutely RAVAGE them, and they sent this after the second round (I'm Bara)

Skii

finally got....to diamond. placed at 2700...went down to 2400 awhile ago and today I was at 2600. Went on a huge winning streak and started losing towards 3000. Finally got it. I never post here but had to tell someone. Toughest thing ever. Went solo queue all night as well https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/REZIDENTEVIL?mode=competitive

Nice work!

You climbed your way to diamond with a 50% win rate. You're basically the prime example of Elo hell not existing lol.

Azoor

Mei is a powerhouse in Hanamura and King's Row. Been playing with her and got pretty good at splitting teams using the wall.

darklin0

Banned
I have been above a 50% win rate for a while now but for some reason Overbuff says I am under 50%. I then realized it does not take into account all the Draws I keep on racking up.

JoeNut

This game is crazy, you can go from having the absolute game of your life to being completely battered in the space of 10 minutes

Prelude.

Lol wtf.

I played some custom games in the last few weeks (because that's what you do when you can't play and the PTR is dead) so I always played against hard bots. A few things I noticed:
-Most of them have pinpoint accuracy, Zenyatta is a fucking monster, Soldier will hit you with his rocket
-Because of that, surviving during your ult as Genji is almost impossibile, they'll shoot you down immediately
-Their awareness to Hanzo's ult is not great
-You can avoid Roadhog's hook surprisingly easily and it's very rare to get killed after being hooked, his AI has some issues
-You team of bots keeps the enemy Zarya at high charge so you need to kill her fast or she'll melt you
-Lucio and Torbjorn (at least the friendly ones) can get stuck sometimes

So, basically, they're not actually hard but they can be challenging in a way. AI-wise, they make for good mechanical training.
A team of humans shouldn't bet steamrolled, though, that's weird. I tried that a couple of times and it just ended in my team spawncamping them until the end in KotH.

PatjuhR

I played some custom games in the last few weeks (because that's what you do when you can't play and the PTR is dead) so I always played against hard bots. A few things I noticed:
-Most of them have pinpoint accuracy, Zenyatta is a fucking monster, Soldier will hit you with his rocket
-Because of that, surviving during your ult as Genji is almost impossibile, they'll shoot you down immediately
-Their awareness to Hanzo's ult is not great
-You can avoid Roadhog's hook surprisingly easily and it's very rare to get killed after being hooked, his AI has some issues
-You team of bots keeps the enemy Zarya at high charge so you need to kill her fast or she'll melt you
-Lucio and Torbjorn can get stuck sometimes

So, basically, they're not actually hard but they can be challenging in a way. AI-wise, they make for good mechanical training.
A team of humans shouldn't bet steamrolled, though, that's weird. I tried that a couple of times and it just ended in my team spawncamping them until the end in KotH.

I guess I was with lower ranked people because I was matchmaking with my friend who never played. I also played the heroes I normally don't play. But I guess it's doable when you are with a coordinated group with actual team play and a good team composition. We didn't have that at all.

I think, what somebody mentioned before, a Reinhardt with DPS behind him can easily kill them because they still lack situational awareness. Every game the POTG was a Hanzo Ult roasting them all.

KyleCross

I'm screaming, this just happened

image5ryn5.jpeg

I kept focusing their healers, who were completely defenseless to freeze -> right click in each round of Lijiang in Competitive, which let us absolutely RAVAGE them, and they sent this after the second round (I'm Bara)

Man, why you aimbotting as Mei? Isn't she evil enough?
lr0LjaV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom