• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenap

Lost track about competitive OW for the last 3 weeks and now I'm seeing Reunited getting destroyed by a Korean team, doesnt't even seen to be one of the top tier KR teams. What's the international power ranking? There was also an event in China I think?

Fancolors

...are you like new to esports?

Korea has always been a powerhouse in esports, but they don't have a big track record with fps games.

They excel at any game that manages to become popular over there, so I imagine we are gonna see a lot more Korean teams in the next months.

I'm excited.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Pushing the payload nearly to the final point.

Ana boosted the rein, I sound barriered, let's go.

Rein continues to hold up shield and backed away.

Rein: WHERE IS EVERYONE.

I fucking hate trolls so much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love to start my first competitive game of the day and the Hanzo on Hollywood is ALL the way out front at the start
When have koreans ever excelled at FPS e sports?

Out of a lack of interest in the games. They've never had a chance to excel at FPS

Anne

It's surprising that Korea is beating EU in FPS games. EU has always dominated that genre.

What makes it less surprising is that Overwatch leans heavily on MOBA mechanics in this new weird little subgenre and it's a Blizzard title which means it's goign to be installed on every PC in every PC bang on that alone.

Anne

That is an excuse a serious professional athlete would never make.

It's not too far off though. There hasn't been a serious FPS marketed to and supported in Korea outside of a couple of the Chinese CS clones. They get in there by default because China is at a stage where they are basically puppet mastering Korean esports.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That is an excuse a serious professional athlete would never make.

?

A Korean pro athlete is going to go where there's money. There's no interest in South Korea in FPSes, no interest - no sponsors. No payday. Whether they love the game or not, you need sponsors to fund things like tournaments. And you're not going to make enough for some US or EU team to ship you overseas and make you learn a second language.

antitrop

Yeah like you see posts on r/competitiveoverwatch going "Yeah I went to a super low level just to see if elo hell exist and I made my way back so it totally doesn't" without thinking that fuckers like them are why elo hell exists.
giphy.gif

maomaoIYP

I know Blizzard doesn't care enough about us console peasants but this is essentially the new way to cheat.
Top 500 players just create a smurf account and play a six stack while guaranteeing that they will never face actual competition because one of the party members are in "placement".
Worst thing? I can't even report these shitbags.

Antiwhippy

Reached my season high, and then I lose the next one because of leavers.

Ah well, whatever, at least I got back up!

Skii

I know Blizzard doesn't care enough about us console peasants but this is essentially the new way to cheat.
Top 500 players just create a smurf account and play a six stack while guaranteeing that they will never face actual competition because one of the party members are in "placement".

Wait how does a rank 5 player play competitive?

Nice work!

You climbed your way to diamond with a 50% win rate. You're basically the prime example of Elo hell not existing lol.

I climbed from ~2700 to ~3000 with 182W-185L, no big winstreaks either (my max was 4 once I think). In my experience, when not playing healer you tend to win more SR on victories (25-30) than what you lose on defeat (20-25) if you have a decent performance (gold/silver on damage/kills and also silver/bronze on healing if your character has self-healing ability). This assuming both teams SR are similar.

Skii

I climbed from ~2700 to ~3000 with 182W-185L, no big winstreaks either (my max was 4 once I think). In my experience, when not playing healer you tend to win more SR on victories (25-30) than what you lose on defeat (20-25) if you have a decent performance (gold/silver on damage/kills and also silver/bronze on healing if your character has self-healing ability). This assuming both teams SR are similar.

Oh you made diamond? Congrats! Yeah I think I do gain more SR as Reaper than Zarya.

Btw, are you free to play now?

I'm assuming they do the glitch which lets you join up on anyone in the party while bypassing SR restrictions.

Well that sucks :/

Greddleok

Post on the Blizzard US forums. Might actually get a response there.

Are you on Xbox? You can report players by going to their gamertag. It's amazing. The number of trolls and leavers I have reported/blocked has got to be over 100.

Oh you made diamond? Congrats! Yeah I think I do gain more SR as Reaper than Zarya.

Btw, are you free to play now?

Thx! Yeah, finally made the jump from low 2900 to 3000 thanks to a team of people from here.

I'm at work right now, I'll only be playing 6h-7h from now if all goes well :\

maomaoIYP

Post on the Blizzard US forums. Might actually get a response there.
Can't. Console peasant, no battle.net ID. I sent an email to hacks@blizzard.com and retweeted the image to @playoverwatch. I'm not expecting anything to happen.

Are you on Xbox? You can report players by going to their gamertag. It's amazing. The number of trolls and leavers I have reported/blocked has got to be over 100.

PS4. You can't report anyone there. Going to the report option on the profile gives you a screen that tells you to report them in-game.

Mendrox

Cant play ranked anymore. 2400 - 2800 is now only with trolls in my queue. I played over 20 matches today and out of these there were about 15 attack bastions, because a fucking reddit post recommended that shit for climbing up the ladder.

Cant play ranked anymore. 2400 - 2800 is now only with trolls in my queue. I played over 20 matches today and out of these there were about 15 attack bastions, because a fucking reddit post recommended that shit for climbing up the ladder.
Zylbrad shows it can work though :p

Antiwhippy

I did win with an attack bastion today at around SR2600.

Actually weirdly enough the last few games I've played with an attack bastion have been all wins. Platinum too.

Can I just say that getting suspended for leaving during the Match Complete screen after dealing with a team of morons is fucking bullshit?

Skii

I can't even carry with Zarya. My team was fucking woeful on Kings Row. We can't even capture the first check point even though we hold all our ultimates for the final battle. It was embarrassing. I killed 4 people in my graviton surge but die to the charging Reinhardt that had returned. And then we somehow lose 4v2. It hurts. Had gold eliminations, damage, objective kills, objective time and I still lost 30 SR.

vixlar

I can't even carry with Zarya. My team was fucking woeful on Kings Row. We can't even capture the first check point even though we hold all our ultimates for the final battle. It was embarrassing. I killed 4 people in my graviton surge but die to the charging Reinhardt that had returned. And then we somehow lose 4v2. It hurts. Had gold eliminations, damage, objective kills, objective time and I still lost 30 SR.

It is really painful to play as Zarya when your team is not attacking. I had something like that, in King's Row too. Seeing as we were being crushed on the main track, I flanked, and killed four enemies (including a Bastion on the car). My team? Running to the bullet rain dancing and singing like they were in an ancient hollywood movie...

Had three really good comp matches this morning and have three wins in a row - I want to push it and do one more and keep my streak going but I know at some point I'm going to lose and the entire house of cards will fall.

Eh, fuck it. Can't progress if you don't keep playing, right?

mollipen

This game is crazy, you can go from having the absolute game of your life to being completely battered in the space of 10 minutes

Had a game last night on Anubus. We storm through the points and have 5:25 left on our timer. Other team gets held off pretty well, but finally caps with 1:00 on theirs. They go first, take Point A with seconds left. We never get close to taking Point A in our five-and-a-half minutes. :(

Owzers

Had three really good comp matches this morning and have three wins in a row - I want to push it and do one more and keep my streak going but I know at some point I'm going to lose and the entire house of cards will fall.

Eh, fuck it. Can't progress if you don't keep playing, right?
I need to join you today so I can remember what winning looks like.

darklin0

Banned
Does playing on the PTR increase your XP? I want to stay near 100 but keep playing till the update is out.
It is a copy of your OG account and levels seperarely. Good luck finding games, everyone is pretty much playing competitive on their normal accounts.

I need to join you today so I can remember what winning looks like.

Well the winning streak is over now - got saddled with a Bastion on defense who refused to get on the point and just hung out trying to get kills. Still I'm not falling into the trap of trying to recoup my loss - I went 3-1 and that's good enough for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom