• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Well the winning streak is over now - got saddled with a Bastion on defense who refused to get on the point and just hung out trying to get kills. Still I'm not falling into the trap of trying to recoup my loss - I went 3-1 and that's good enough for now!
Naaaaaah. You gotta play another to gain the points you just lost. Don't let your SR rank down!

Owzers

Well the winning streak is over now - got saddled with a Bastion on defense who refused to get on the point and just hung out trying to get kills. Still I'm not falling into the trap of trying to recoup my loss - I went 3-1 and that's good enough for now!

Last night our bastion wanted to call the shots and i followed to our quick demise. Me (rein), mercy, and Bastion went top left Nubani, bastion killed one person, was happy, then we were quickly swarmed from the top left and top right and died.

Yeah that went how i thought it would go.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
s'not even Tuesday, breh.
Whenever people mention it, Blizzard delays it by another day.
Blizzard where is Sombra??
JNlZIzk.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Game lost

"this DVA lol"

(me) "I had 4 golds and a silver"

"medals mean nothing if we lose"

"medals mean i contributed more than anyone else so focus on someone who played poorly"

it still boggles my mind how peeps don't get Lucio/Zen ult = PUSH!! -_____-

Lucio, sure. But with Zen it depends if the other team has a competant Ana. Cause if they do then a Zen ult push is a dead one. Seen it happen many times where the whole team is dead except the Zen and they're just waiting for his ult to finish.

Plesiades

I was kinda hoping we'd get Halloween event and PTR sombra tomorrow and then sombra on live next week though I guess I this argument would look even more pointless if the character gets revealed before it ends.

There's no evidence that links the Sombra ARG to the Halloween update. Ana was introduced into the PTR and after a week she ended up on the live server. My money is on an update tomorrow with skins and the new brawl, plus Sombra on the PTR. She'll probably go live when the upload hits 100% since it fits with the "one week" period. But I agree with you. It would be anticlimactic.

EDIT: The leaked Loot Boxes page said "Halloween loot boxes are available to purchase or earn in-game until 11/1/16 at 4pm pt.". The Summer Games lasted 3 weeks, so if they keep the same pattern, the update MUST hit tomorrow.

So this is the situation. Two parties of five and two solo players (me being one of them). From the beginning of the match it becomes clear that one of the parties actually plays seriously and trying to win while the other are just a bunch of clowns/shitty players.

Guess which one of those I got to "team up" with -_-

xaosslug

Lucio, sure. But with Zen it depends if the other team has a competant Ana. Cause if they do then a Zen ult push is a dead one. Seen it happen many times where the whole team is dead except the Zen and they're just waiting for his ult to finish.

ur adding conditions to a general rule (and this was not the case in my Anubis match, enemy only had Mercy). If you are in a team fight at the entrance of Anubis and Zen pops his ult - PUSH. It should be common sense. Sure, you're not invincible, but for a few short seconds as long as you stick together you will get constant heals during the (supposed) team fight! But, no. Everyone else stays by the door while only me and the Zen make the push and get creamed.

luckily, the match ended in a draw, but there were so many missed opportunities (Lucio drops the beat, and only me and the Lucio rush the 2nd point... and get creamed). -__-

Owzers

So this is the situation. Two parties of five and two solo players (me being one of them). From the beginning of the match it becomes clear that one of the parties actually plays seriously and trying to win while the other are just a bunch of clowns/shitty players.

Guess which one of those I got to "team up" with -_-
I'm starting to think I'd rather be in larger parties than just one or two people because the odds of me ending up on the trash team is too high.

Prelude.

Halloween tomorrow, Sombra teased on the 17ish via twitter and stuff and released on the PTR shortly after that.

Or that it doesn't make them invincible to D.Va, Junkrat, or McCree ults. Lmao
Well, I'm gonna assume they get it once it happens, I hope. But I always, always have to follow people scattering in all directions when I'm ulting, unless they're trapped in a Zarya ult.

Nimby

Banned
Wouldn't a hero with a 'silence' ability pretty much be a necessary pick? Sounds like a must have ability for both teams.

Cloaking on the opposite end seems like a gimmick, don't see how that could be useful at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wouldn't a hero with a 'silence' ability pretty much be a necessary pick? Sounds like a must have ability for both teams.

Cloaking on the opposite end seems like a gimmick, don't see how that could be useful at all.

I mean

I'd say Zarya's barrier, Reinhardt's shield, Lucio's speed boost and Sleep are pretty much necessary picks

darklin0

Banned
The update will be probably on the 17th. PTR update probably tomorrow. They never update with new stuff without dropping it on the PTR first.

Edit: Did Summer Games hit live at the same time as PTR? I can't remember.

Halloween tomorrow, Sombra teased on the 17ish via twitter and stuff and released on the PTR shortly after that.

Well, I'm gonna assume they get it once it happens, I hope. But I always, always have to follow people scattering in all directions when I'm ulting, unless they're trapped in a Zarya ult.
I have seen people rage at Zen for not saving them in those situations. The Gold level matches are hell.

Man I can't even...defend on kings row, we hold them to 2.

Our turn to attack, when we get a meter or 2 from winning our mercy starts screaming...everyone die so I can get potm.

We don't die, we win...and the mercy starts throwin a fuckin tantrum.

The fuck is wrong with people on ps4

antitrop

Nope, I can't do comp on PS4 anymore. My 2800 level games are making my 2200 level games on PC look like fucking Grandmasters. I can't believe what I've just seen in the last few hours.

I'll just play Brawl and have fun.

Console players really like to camp spawns instead of holding chokes.

Nope, I can't do comp on PS4 anymore. My 2800 level games are making my 2200 level games on PC look like fucking Grandmasters. I can't believe what I've just seen in the last few hours.

Lulz, welcome to my world...except it's worse for me cuz I'm in gold on ps4.

It legit seems like I'll be here for the season.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

This is why we need separate threads.
kappa, but also not kappa

Owzers

Man I can't even...defend on kings row, we hold them to 2.

Our turn to attack, when we get a meter or 2 from winning our mercy starts screaming...everyone die so I can get potm.

We don't die, we win...and the mercy starts throwin a fuckin tantrum.

The fuck is wrong with people on ps4

When i'm a witch mercy skin main i will never do this to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom