• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

The update will be probably on the 17th. PTR update probably tomorrow. They never update with new stuff without dropping it on the PTR first.

Edit: Did Summer Games hit live at the same time as PTR? I can't remember.

Summer games went live without being on PTR first.

KyleCross

Man I can't even...defend on kings row, we hold them to 2.

Our turn to attack, when we get a meter or 2 from winning our mercy starts screaming...everyone die so I can get potm.

We don't die, we win...and the mercy starts throwin a fuckin tantrum.

The fuck is wrong with people on ps4
Not all PS4 people.

Amzin

Maybe a stupid ? but, what is PTR?

I see it mentioned a lot, would be nice to know what it means.

Public Test Realm*, essentially the "beta" server players can connect to and try out patches before they hit live.

*May not be their exact name for it, most companies call it different stuff.

Skii

Nope, I can't do comp on PS4 anymore. My 2800 level games are making my 2200 level games on PC look like fucking Grandmasters. I can't believe what I've just seen in the last few hours.

I'll just play Brawl and have fun.

Console players really like to camp spawns instead of holding chokes.

At least you haven't played in the 2500 meta where it's 4 DPS, 1 tank and 1 support. I don't even want to imagine what it's like down in silver/bronze.

Please, I've no shame! :D
Actually I'd rather show Ana some love for the clutch ult.

Why is nano boosting Reaper's ult preferred over 76? It seems like 76 would be more effective.

Reaper is just used more often, plus he doesn't need his ult for the Nanoboost to be effective.

rulerk1

I got a Reinhardt down to one bar before he killed me. I thought my teammate Zarya would finished him off but the two just kept dancing around each other. When I respawned in the ship, Rein had killed her (full health too). I see situations like this all time lately. I just dont get it.....

antitrop

The only time i dont vote for myself is if I know I got my damage card from spamming a Rein shield. But since I'm a support main, I usually just vote for my own healing card.

Rize_21

Speaking of self vote, here's the gold medal/ card I'm the proudest to this day. :D

XdMtmQL.jpg

Azoor

When it comes to votes, I'll always vote for the healer or the tank, because they're under a lot of pressure to keep the team together.

Crzy1

I usually end up with a card, depending on how well I feel I did, I'll vote for myself. But I typically vote for healers when I'm not playing one myself. I'll especially vote for good Mercy's, because I rarely see people play her to her full potential.

Anne

Eh, it doesn't matter how many Discords I throw out, the Transcendence card takes so much precedence. Only time I get an OA card is when I had a game of constant NA Ults :p

Ah that sucks. One of my friends has been Mercy pocketing my McCree lately and she gets offensive assists as her card in almost every single game these days.

Eh, it doesn't matter how many Discords I throw out, the Transcendence card takes so much precedence. Only time I get an OA card is when I had a game of constant NA Ults :p

No one ever votes for me as Zenyatta. :(
I wish his card showed healing instead of assists. Assists aren't sexy. lol

Fancolors

I don't think it gives anything to the player other than a morale boost.

At least I can't recall ever receiving any sort of significant bonus in EXP gain.

Chuck

Still without luck
I never vote for myself unless I literally win the game for the team as Junkrat yet still get no votes because of all the salty losers thinking my character is somehow luck.

Nah son, my grenades don't bounce when they explode in your face.

Literally nothing.

Those endorphins keep you coming back, man.

antitrop

This makes me wonder what's the point of the cards in the first place ? I've always thought of that question ever since I started playing.
What's the point of rating matches, is the real question.

At least epic votes make someone feel good. Like there's really someone at Blizzard looking at the match ratings and drawing any conclusive evidence out of them.

Tovarisc

So painful and demoralizing when you are reminded time and time again how stupid and situational deaf huge majority of OW players are. I swear 4 out of 5 players don't even have game sound turned on when watching how much people ignore LOUD and OBVIOUS audio hints on top of all huge visual markers. Then there is your usual mass that won't or just can't swap heroes to fit situation because that initial Hanzo pick is just TOO cool!

My only rule of voting is never vote for the other team.

Oh, you have 9 votes and my vote decides your legendary? Well I'm sorry, but I thought we were just enemies and you want me to vote for you? Well sucks for you.

Now let me vote for the Genji who got 2 deflect eliminations....

antitrop

So painful and demoralizing when you are reminded time and time again how stupid and situational deaf huge majority of OW players are. I swear 4 out of 5 players don't even have game sound turned on when watching how much people ignore LOUD and OBVIOUS audio hints on top of all huge visual markers. Then there is your usual mass that won't or just can't swap heroes to fit situation because that initial Hanzo pick is just TOO cool!
I think a lot of people play with music on. There's no other explanation for how oblivious people can be to those loud-ass footsteps.

I put music on for QP, but not comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom