• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was brawling with some plat friends yesterday and we got completely destroyed by a 4-stack that got rein and genji (who didn't die at all so they were on those the whole time)

out of curiosity i checked their profiles and sure enough those two were master rank at around 3700 grouping with some gold players

my guess is that happens fairly often since they can't comp queue together
Oh, good point :p

Tovarisc

What is so fracking hard about realizing your pick isn't helping team in any way and swapping to more fitting pick? Are people just so trolly that they intentionally ruin ranked games to others by holding on to unviable pick(s)?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What is so fracking hard about realizing your pick isn't helping team in any way and swapping to more fitting pick? Are people just so trolly that they intentionally ruin ranked games to others by holding on to unviable pick(s)?

People just love their mains. Kept running into this Korean bastion main last night.

Skii

The best way to solve Symmetra is to change her shield ability and give her ultimate a toggle between 2.

Change her shield ability to an ability that releases a massive pulse that slows down the enemy team temporarily (3 seconds for example) or if you want to make her a healer, make it a pulse that heals 50 HP immediately for everyone around it or something like that.

And for her ultimate, it should be able to toggle between the teleporter and a new ultimate that's essentially an AOE effect that slowly deteriorates the opponents health and maybe slowly heals your team. Symmetra remains invunerable like Zenyatta during his ult.

Those are a couple of changes off the top of my head that don't seem too OP and would make her a lot more interesting, versatile and most importantly, proactive in a fight!

Some poor healer got abandoned by their team in competitive making for a very one sided attack, nothing like charging through the Hanamura gate to see Mercy using her sit emote on a rock.
Everyone was good sports about it at least and said healer got to walk away with the upvoted card at the end.
WE WERE MORE SUPPORTIVE TEAMMATES FOR THEM THAN THEIR ACTUAL TEAM.

Game 1: We push to the end of Route 66 with 3 minutes remaining, they don't make it past the gas station.

Game 2: We push to the end on Hollywood easily, they barely make it past the gate.

Game 3: They push it to the control room on Gibraltar, we easily win.

Game 4: lose 0-3 on KOTH.

I know when to quit.

Had a new season high before that last loss.

finalflame

Yep. Zarya's bubble wipes it too.

Which is really dumb.

Not dumb, as Zarya's bubble also cleanses other ailments like frost buildup from Mei's gun/ult.

As someone else pointed out, tracer doesn't heal, she rewinds. Makes perfect sense that it would remove the effect of Ana's biotic grenade.

Chance

^ Will try it. I am playing on 60Hz TV.

With good team Symmetra can be very useful.

I honestly don't understand why so many ppl find Symmetra pointless. It's sad.

I went into QP last night and found myself defending Volskaya with a team consisting of 5 Hanzos. How best to help these gentlemen succeed? Mei's freeze might help, but that would put me right in the front line. Zenyatta and Mercy could do okay healing, but I didn'y feel confident in that without a tank...

Went Symmetra, put turrets up where they would slow enemies for the hanzos, defended the point against flankera and held onto my ult until they killed 3 of my hanzos with a wombo combo. Teleporter goes up, reinforcements pour onto the point with 10 seconds to go to overtime.

Won handily.

Redmoon

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/56ug1c/evacuation_order_on_october_11th_1110_at_3800/

It's old info that the arg groups knew about when the map first released, but now it seems perfect as time went on and things started leaking. The map describes what the leak describes (in different wording) and its referencing oct 11 on at 8 (8pm europe update time) which fall in line with when people think this update will hit.

So I think the leak might be real. Or it gives it more credibility.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/56ug1c/evacuation_order_on_october_11th_1110_at_3800/

It's old info that the arg groups knew about when the map first released, but now it seems perfect as time went on and things started leaking. The map describes what the leak describes (in different wording) and its referencing oct 11 on at 8 (8pm europe update time) which fall in line with when people think this update will hit.

Pls

hydruxo

george-clooney-descendants.gif

Tovarisc

• If you can't DPS then DO NOT pick DPS!
  • If you can't heal then DO NOT pick heal!
  • If you can't tank then DO NOT pick tank!
  • If you are forced into role you can't do well say something, people will swap around.
What is so hard about that? :( Just had game where healers were too busy trying to pad their KDR stats that they totally forgot to do whole healing part. Had to stalk and harass Zen constantly to get him give me healing orb so me, teams 2nd tank, would RIP when enemy sneezed at my direction.

So frustrating.

DevilDog

• If you are forced into role you can't do well say something, people will swap around.
What is so hard about that? :( Just had game where healers were too busy trying to pad their KDR stats that they totally forgot to do whole healing part. Had to stalk and harass Zen constantly to get him give me healing orb so me, teams 2nd tank, would RIP when enemy sneezed at my direction.

So frustrating.

Do you live in a bubble or just venting?

Everything is going to be all right. Here is a comforting thought. That type of person will eventually end up on the enemy team.

Owzers

So frustrating.
You skipped defense characters.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

So frustrating.
Well you know what's worse? People who only know one role. Sad!

Tovarisc

Do you live in a bubble or just venting?

Everything is going to be all right. Here is a comforting thought. That type of person will eventually end up on the enemy team.

Venting. Played 6 games today. 1 draw, 1 win and 4 losses. Losses were brutal because players just wouldn't swap their heroes and did roles they clearly weren't comfortable or good with. 200+ SR just disappeared dropping me deeper into dark pit. So frustrating :/

You skipped defense characters.

Says a lot about those characters, doesn't it? eh eh...

Seriously, I just for forgot.

So apparently I'm dumb and he was actually Master lol.

I wouldn't say he carried though, we were all doing good.

So I still stand behind my "never seen a Zarya singlehandedly win matches" :p

DevilDog

Ok I'm slowly starting to believe this is happening.

Jellie

Decided to look at the PSN ranking and wow two guys I played comp with for a bit a while back are rank 2 and 6 in the world. If only I was still with them :(

Prelude.

If you have a Nvidia card definitely try fast-sync in the driver and run the game full screen. It prevents screen tearing but has less input lag than borderless window.
Thanks, I didn't know this was a thing. The last time I updated my drivers was in July and my card wasn't supported, but now it is.

Plesiades

TCATJox.png

Isitfinallyfuckinghappening.gif?

TFW when you get your first top 500 on your team AND their team and you're like "ah shit, this gone be good."

And someone leaves before the match starts.

Dammit Blizzard :p

I wonder if this means I'm getting close to top 500?

Prelude.

3-8am in Germany is 6-11pm in Blizzard time, that's kind of a weird time frame to push a major update. If I had to guess it'll drop in the late morning/early afternoon (in the US).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom