• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
TFW when you get your first top 500 on your team AND their team and you're like "ah shit, this gone be good."

And someone leaves before the match starts.

Dammit Blizzard :p

I wonder if this means I'm getting close to top 500?
From my experience, no.

We have to remember that diamond is like top 95% there's not a ton of people to choose from at those ranks. I've been in the 3300-3360 range and every single game there is at least one master or top 500 player and I recognize about half the names and the many of the others are probably people I've played with and don't remember. The community at this rank isn't very big and the game just had to create matches. In America I'm thinking its at least 3700 to get top 500.

Chuck

Still without luck
That would be hilarious if someone made that leaked picture up and about 90,000 artists rushed to draw something that will turn out to be total bullshit.

From my experience, no.

We have to remember that diamond is like top 95% there's not a ton of people to choose from at those ranks. I've been in the 3300-3360 range and every single game there is at least one master or top 500 player and I recognize about half the names and the many of the others are probably people I've played with and don't remember. The community at this rank isn't very big and the game just had to create matches. In America I'm thinking its at least 3700 to get top 500.
Didn't Jellie get top 500 at 3400? So 3700 wouldn't be totally accurate.

Oh well, the grind shall continue.

TFW when you get your first top 500 on your team AND their team and you're like "ah shit, this gone be good."

And someone leaves before the match starts.

Dammit Blizzard :p

I wonder if this means I'm getting close to top 500?

I played with top 500 players before (a few top 100) while I was at ~2900, this is probably pretty random I guess, since I'm nowhere near top 500.

Nooo I wanted to play that game with the grandmasters. God damn it. I was so excited for a second.

Yeah, I was hyped for that one. GGs.

Two matches in a row, a guy leaves to cancel the match.

Why

GGs Nuno. And then there was two.....

Nice games today, good win streak!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm getting back into overwatch (I had got myself to the 80s leveling during beta and then barely played at actual launch hahaha) and just have a quick question -

How much will I hate myself if I soloqueue competitive mode?

Jellie

Damn. Not sure why I thought Australia.

Point still applies although maybe not as much. Maybe 3700 is indeed high but I see lots of masters who aren't top 500 so it's definitely a good bit above 3500.

Somebody was from australia from gaf that I played with and I was talking to him about the lag on australian servers for me so that's probably why. This was when top 500 and 3400 was top 1% on ps4 at the time.

belushy

Banned
If that's a fake then we know who Blizzard's next character model artist hire will be.

Have you seen the Zameen fan made thing yet? Pretty neat character design from polycount.

vciqkyu9si3s.png

http://polycount.com/discussion/170...de-character-mario-manzanares-and-tim-moreels

Somebody was from australia from gaf that I played with and I was talking to him about the lag on australian servers for me so that's probably why. This was when top 500 and 3400 was top 1% on ps4 at the time.
Ah, gotcha.

3341 is 97% (3,431 out of all Overbuff players) so it definitely looks like it's gotten tougher.

I thought i'd hop onto the game for the first time in a couple a months and instead I was horrified to see what they did to the performance of the Xbox One version. The framerate crashes every time a person enters or leaves a game in-progress. I can't function if the screen is freezing in critical moments while people leave or join. It never did this before the new map release...

Always seem to win 150 points and lose it right back. I should really stop playing after winning so much, but man it'sm just so fun to continue playing with mates.

Skii

Thanks for the games Optimus and Nuno. Up to 2760 now!

That Lijiang tower game was too close. Had no idea why the Pharah switched to Bastion on the map that Pharah is notorious for being good at...

Really annoyed by that Anubis game. We should've won but our DPS just weren't doing the job.

Damn went up over 100 points today. No losses, I think. GGs Kashif and Nuno!

Shimada Brothers are life.

That game on Hollywood. I felt so freaking dumb when I got killed by that Reaper... I went to the payload to boop him when he ulted since a lot of our teammates were there... next time I will just run away :'(

I-hate-u

I think Sombra is going to either be a defense hero, or a support hero that doesn't heal like Symm. I can see one of her cool-down abilities to be something like sonic arrow but instead of just showing where the enemies in the vicinity are, she can also disable the enemy cool-down abilities for a little while.

Her ult is going to be an ult charge reduction to zero of any character she chooses, aka the ultimate counter to Mercy and even Zarya.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think Sombra is going to either be a defense hero, or a support hero that doesn't heal like Symm. I can see one of her cool-down abilities to be something like sonic arrow but instead of just showing where the enemies in the vicinity are, she can also disable the enemy cool-down abilities for a little while.

He ult is going to be an ult charge reduction to zero of any character she chooses, aka the ultimate counter to Mercy and even Zarya.

That's... way too powerful to not run.

She would even counter herself.

That Lijiang tower game was too close. Had no idea why the Pharah switched to Bastion on the map that Pharah is notorious for being good at...

Really annoyed by that Anubis game. We should've won but our DPS just weren't doing the job.

Thankfully he changed in the last round. It worked on the night market because we supported him, but the other maps have way to many routes to flank and Bastion can't really cover a large area.

Gorillaz

2 comp games back to back where someone dropped out

done with comp in general until they either effectively do something with the quitters other then some bullshit ban for hours or until they fix their servers. This past weekend was really bad with the people dropping out and or quitting

this shit better not be a server issue

I-hate-u

That's... way too powerful to not run.

She would even counter herself.

But she would be taking the spot of a valuable DPS/Tank/Healer. What if she can also hide herself and one other character icon from the menu screen so the enemy team can't fully see the team composition?

That's when team mind games and counters start to flourish.

done with comp in general until they either effectively do something with the quitters other then some bullshit ban for hours or until they fix their servers.

and it literally better not be a server issue at this point because blizzard has the cash

The only times I "quit" it was due to server errors, and I was penalized for that undeservedly. They can't really punish players more harshly if most of the times they are the ones at fault. It's a shitty situation :\

Yesterday I had some problems too, but thankfully I never left the game. Sometimes my characters would stop moving for 1-2 seconds and didn't respond to my inputs, which led to a few deaths. Happened the same today, but thankfully I was fighting a mechless D.Va xD

i say this often but why are overwatch players babies who can't handle putting the tf2 spy in the game

just use your brain and pay attention and shoot your teammates

in fact all they have to do is make friendly HP bars on the default, then you just have to say is "gee, why did my teammate's health go down when i shot him?"

you don't even have to worry about wasting ammo because it's infinite

First time here sorry to ask but how do I join the discord server? Am looking for people to play with on PSN if the discord's still alive for PSN stuff. And do I need to like put my rank info and stuff here to see if I'm good enough?

AbaFadi

Banned
From my experience, no.

From what I know, it's about high 3600 on ps4 to be in top 500. I have a few on my friends list who are slightly below and are not in top 500. I'm at 3890 right now, and that puts me around 130 in America.

Yeah, that Anubis was painful. Every time I boosted Rein, he didnt do anything with it. I should've stopped boosting him.

At least it was a draw and not a loss.
That game on Hollywood. I felt so freaking dumb when I got killed by that Reaper... I went to the payload to boop him when he ulted since a lot of our teammates were there... next time I will just run away :'(
RIP forgot about that one lol. It got overshadowed by all them wins.

Even though we should have won that one -__-

Her ult is going to be an ult charge reduction to zero of any character she chooses, aka the ultimate counter to Mercy and even Zarya.
AKA Zarya will never have her ult.

That is way too powerful.
i say this often but why are overwatch players babies who can't handle putting the tf2 spy in the game

just use your brain and pay attention and shoot your teammates

in fact all they have to do is make friendly HP bars on the default, then you just have to say is "gee, why did my teammate's health go down when i shot him?"

you don't even have to worry about wasting ammo because it's infinite
First of all, I love how you called us all babies, great start to your post.

Second of all, who the hell wants to shoot at all of their teammates? That's the whole point of Spy is to get you to do that and that isn't for this game.

Blizz already tried this and said it was unfair, end of story. Quit trying to make this game TF2. People compare the two games too much as it is.

xaosslug

Blizz said they would consider removing Symm from 'supports' rather than add a healing aspect to her abilities, so Sombra probs won't be support unless she heals somehow. I also don't think Blizz would give someone that kind of power over another character; I mean even sleep-darted enemies can be woken up if they take damage. But if she does have some kind of ability disabling ability it will likely 1) have a long cooldown, and 2) last only a few seconds (ala discord).

anyway, I think she might have an ability to 'hack' cooldowns - lengthen an enemy's cooldown for an ability, shorten an ally's cooldown for an ability or something? And it only lasts a few seconds and only if the enemy is in her immediate vicinity, perhaps? Maybe, she has an ability where she can 'hack' health packs, replacing them w/ poison? LOL

i think she'll be a low health high damage DPS, because why not? LOL

done with comp in general until they either effectively do something with the quitters other then some bullshit ban for hours or until they fix their servers. This past weekend was really bad with the people dropping out and or quitting

this shit better not be a server issue

i wish I could quit this game, tbh. T__T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom