• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
Why does it always go back to the main menu screen after each competitive match?

I've literally never had the option to continue playing with the same group of people after a finished competitive match

Blu(e)

Why does it always go back to the main menu screen after each competitive match?

I've literally never had the option to continue playing with the same group of people after a finished competitive match

The option is to ask them to group up and queue together. If you're coming from playing QP, there hasn't been an option to stay with the same people and go straight into another game in competitive.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Just find them in the recent players tab.

I've formed quite a number of groups that way.

Why do people spend comp trying to learn how to use a character? Had a Pharah who had only 20 minutes on the char and was dying to a team that had zero ranged hitscan. Literally zero. Rein, Winston, Junkrat, Lucio, Mei, Genji.

Whats worse the person died to the Junkrat the most...almost every death was to the junkrat.

the pain of being a support main...

BigDug13

Why do people spend comp trying to learn how to use a character? Had a Pharah who had only 20 minutes on the char and was dying to a team that had zero ranged hitscan. Literally zero. Rein, Winston, Junkrat, Lucio, Mei, Genji.

Whats worse the person died to the Junkrat the most...almost every death was to the junkrat.

the pain of being a support main...

Some people don't give a shit about their rank and just want to play in an environment with one hero limit.

Literally my first time seeing someone get to 10 upvotes on their card and discovering there's a second line of dialog.
I've only seen it twice once I was in a fully party and a dead symmetra got potg we were all laughing and one guy in our party said we should all vote for that symmetra so we did

Antiwhippy

Is it just 20 mins in rank season 2 or overall? Because i only have 20 mins season 2 as pharah but she used to be my main dps.

I probably should bring her out more though, I've brought her out recently and still have that knack.

Wimps

Note to PS4 players. Once you're in a comp game, switch to Team chat if you're in a party (social>groups>team). Otherwise your teammates can't hear you.

I'm surprised how few people actually know about this :(

Note to PS4 players. Once you're in a comp game, switch to Team chat if you're in a party (social>groups>team). Otherwise your teammates can't hear you.

I'm surprised how few people actually know about this :(

Ps4 groups NEVER go team chat...it's quite frustrating.

Antiwhippy

The Korean genji is pretty crazy too.

He's one of those genjis that makes you think that they should nerf him more.

Gurrry

I swear Overwatch loves putting out events when big games like Gears 4 come out lol.

My time will be conflicted now... I gotta get that RH skin.

PatjuhR

Fkin hell, why am I such a choker.

4 shots fired, 2 mercy's killed, my Ult ready and I STILL couldn't get the 3 solo kills with one clip trophy. Somehow I managed to forget that it had to be solo kills and just ulted on our defense point.

dhlt25

you really should not get time penalty when leaving before the match start. I was tank, my team all pick dsp and the last guy pick widow, the fuck was i supposed to do? stay in for another 15 min just to get a sure loss?

Antiwhippy

Geez, you'd think 1 Darksydphil is bad. I don't think I can handle 4.

All kidding aside, as much as I symphatise, suck it up and deal with it? I've ran with absolutely shit comps and came out ahead, and more often than not people will change at the start, or if things aren't working out initially.

Blu(e)

you really should not get time penalty when leaving before the match start. I was tank, my team all pick dsp and the last guy pick widow, the fuck was i supposed to do? stay in for another 15 min just to get a sure loss?

If quit during "assemble your team phase" you shouldn't get penalized. That's for QP though. If you mean comp, well..

nbraun80

If quit during "assemble your team phase" you shouldn't get penalized. That's for QP though. If you mean comp, well..

I'm sure he means comp. and he's wrong that you should be able to. If you get to leave, then everyone is free to leave when the don't like the SR scores on the other team, when they don't get their hero, when they don't like the map, when they don't like the team comp., etc. Games would never get started.

PatjuhR

Lol yea, imagine that.

There is always at least one of the 12 not going to be completely happy at the start and just leave.

I got a quintuple kill as Zenyatta last night in the space of like 5 seconds, and I didn't discord orb the 4th person I killed so I missed out on the rapid discord trophy.

I feel dead inside.

dhlt25

Lol yea, imagine that.

There is always at least one of the 12 not going to be completely happy at the start and just leave.

there should be a reasonable middle ground. I'm fine with a penalty but it should not be the same as the penalty for leaving in the middle of the match. I also got penalty the other day for leaving too quick after the defeat/victory thing which is complete bs

LiK

I got a quintuple kill as Zenyatta last night in the space of like 5 seconds, and I didn't discord orb the 4th person I killed so I missed out on the rapid discord trophy.

I feel dead inside.

Such a tough trophy. I think the time limit should be erased. Just make it per match.

PatjuhR

there should be a reasonable middle ground. I'm fine with a penalty but it should not be the same as the penalty for leaving in the middle of the match. I also got penalty the other day for leaving too quick after the defeat/victory thing which is complete bs

Lol I agree on that last one. I was so mad when that happened to me. Along with the time my lan cable disconnected and I was kicked out of a game that just started. When I get the lan disconnection error my internet is always back up after it so I can rejoin. But when it's early on in the match I couldn't but was still considered leaving ;(

But where are you thinking about? Shorter time penalty or a SR reduction?

It was a cool kill streak too. Granted, it was on quick play, so there were some players who were lower leveled than me, but I just jumped straight on the Lijang Night Market point at the start of the match and wiped 5 of their team. I got PotG for it at least.

It's such a hard trophy to get though. I've played Zenyatta the most, and that's the closest I've come to getting it. That, the Lucio one, and the Reaper kills without reloading seem to be the toughest in my opinion. The Widowmaker drop shot snipe seemed like it would have been tough, but I got super lucky with that and got it accidentally before she was nerfed. I was aiming at a Winston, he entered primal rage, ran up to me, and slapped me into the air as I pulled the trigger and got a headshot.

What's the point in leaving early after the match is over? It kicks you back to main menu anyway, so you save what...5-10 seconds?

Jellie

Also Graviton Surge? Won't the enemies, or at least some, die at the same time there?
Depends on what the follow up is. Pulse bomb then everyone dies. May need a bit of luck with teammates killing your targets first and spam discords.

I got it on PC during a blizzard/earth shatter combo. Blizzard is probably the best one since they are spread out and start to slow down before freezing. Though you can get it without ults. On ps4 people just killed my discorded targets quickly. Both times I got it I wasn't focusing on getting it and was surprised I did get it so maybe it's best to just let it unlock naturally.

maomaoIYP

Aww, that sucks dude.

That one and Lucio's Floor is Lava are the main problems for platina.

This one is not hard at all. The best and easiest map to do this is on Lighthouse. Stay in the lighthouse area, boop guys off to their death, ride a wall immediately after.

maomaoIYP

I can't even get that many environmental kills without wall riding in between.

The objective area on lighthouse is tiny as hell, as soon as the match starts speed boost yourself and get to the objective as quickly as you can. If the enemy team is also making a beeline direct to the objective you can usually boop one guy immediately to his death. Once that happens you can camp behind the wall closer to the enemy spawn and listen for footsteps of enemy players coming out from the health pack room to the objective and boop them accordingly. You can also bait enemies to chase you around the corners on the rim outside the objective to the small health pack. Once you turn the corner, just wait for them to appear and boop them off.
I got this trophy by surviving a fan the hammer and booping 2 guys in a single boop right as the match starts. The same McCree revived and tried to chase me down again on the outer rim, I survive another FTH, turn a corner and boop him off immediately again.

edit: You have plenty of time between the boop and for their death to count, so you can easily ride a wall. You also don't need to be off the ground the entire time between all 3 kills, just only when their death registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom