• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you can leave when the warning doesnt come up.

Usually in comp if you try to leave early the "you can peanlised warning" comes up but when the victory/defeat screen comes it goes away so it should he safe then.

nbraun80

I thought you can leave when the warning doesnt come up.

Usually in comp if you try to leave early the "you can peanlised warning" comes up but when the victory/defeat screen comes it goes away so it should he safe then.

yeah think you're right, I forgot what came first, but you should be able to leave during PotG, just have to wait a couple seconds after the defeat screen.

PatjuhR

yeah think you're right, I forgot what came first, but you should be able to leave during PotG, just have to wait a couple seconds after the defeat screen.

Yeah, I know you can leave before that. Was commenting on the fact that you don't always wanna watch POTG, Voting and your stats before leaving. Just want to start a new game asap.

When I had a frustrating loss I spam leave after the moment the game ends untill the big red warning goes away.

Cappa

Banned
Note to PS4 players. Once you're in a comp game, switch to Team chat if you're in a party (social>groups>team). Otherwise your teammates can't hear you.

I'm surprised how few people actually know about this :(

lol even if they did, they wouldn´t talk anyways.

Jellie

Not sure if I should stick with Ana or use Zarya more now. Last two games with Zarya, 31/0 and 25/0 and I got win percentage of 85% with her (6/7 games) but Ana is so much fun but her win percentage is only 50%.

darklin0

Banned
Not sure if I should stick with Ana or use Zarya more now. Last two games with Zarya, 31/0 and 25/0 and I got win percentage of 85% with her (6/7 games) but Ana is so much fun but her win percentage is only 50%.

I would say play Zarya more due to you having more success and due to my experience with Ana in solo. It always feels like my team mates run from me an hide around corners to die.

Tabby

Depends on if you have an Ana centric comp and what your team needs.
If you can play both and it's up to you then I recommend Ana because she's fantastic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll only run ana if these 2 things are true:

a) we have a reinhardt

b) we have a reaper

Like most of the time there's a rein so that's cool, but while nano is reasonably good with genji too zenyetta just synergizes a lot more with the other dpses. Discord is still awesome for tracer, genji and mccree, while orb of tranquility is awesome for genji and tracer.

Though I'll switch between zen and ana because fuck it, i can't constantly play the same character all the time.

Jellie

I would say play Zarya more due to you having more success and due to my experience with Ana in solo. It always feels like my team mates run from me an hide around corners to die.
Guess it would be easier to carry with her.
Depends on if you have an Ana centric comp and what your team needs.
If you can play both and it's up to you then I recommend Ana because she's fantastic.
And the maps. All my games were koth. Ilios 31/0 Nepal 25/0 Lijiang 40/4

oDwPdzd.png
That's the average stats for both if it helps

hydruxo

All these people who are about to get a ton of easy loot boxes because they rolled over to the next 100, and I'm over here at 118 like

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Probably gonna buy lootboxes anyways so its whatever lol

mellow

stopped at 205 a couple weeks back, so it's not too bad

summer games event I hit 100 and had gotten 90% of the good stuff without spending a penny by the time the event ended - besides some of the cool profile icons, which were what I really wanted, tbh I'm still salty we can't purchase non event icons, there are still a few I've been wanting since the start I haven't gotten

Tovarisc

Anybody have an idea if that's really 8 CET or if it's actually 8 CEST?

Usually Blizz goes by right timezone, but in their news releases use wrong ones. Differentiating summer and winter time in press release is hard!

Edit: Can't wait to get 90% duplicates, 10% shit I don't want and 0% of stuff that I actually want from loot boxes

I found it easy on Attack and didn't hate it until this season.

Haven't one one yet on that map. Lots of draws and losses. Get it in just about every session, it seems. Instant hate.

Anubis is my shit this season.

Skyzard

Banned
They really need to tweak the rank loss if someone leaves. Its just ridiculous.

Yep and another thing I don't get - the first defenders have the advantage on payload maps. You play until the timer runs out so the payload can move back, sometimes quite a bit, but when you're then attacking, you only have to move the payload up to the final point the payload reached... doesn't make sense to me.

Sitting at level 99 with less than 1K xp to go till the next level... and it's a 5 hour wait :(

Jellie

Yep and another thing I don't get - the first defenders have the advantage on payload maps. You play until the timer runs out so the payload can move back, sometimes quite a bit, but when you're then attacking, you only have to move the payload up to the final point the payload reached... doesn't make sense to me.

Sitting at level 99 with less than 1K xp to go till the next level... and it's a 5 hour wait :(

It uses the furthest distance you pushed.

Why not level up to 100 and get to 1k xp from the reset too?

the first fast level is 101

darklin0

Banned

It only moves back when the attacking team doesn't touch it after a period of time. So if the Defense team is doing very well.
Attack or defense?

Easy to defend. Yes.

It's very easy to defend if you have a good Mei.
Attack as well. Every falls into the "Run down main gate with Rein" comp too often. Too easy to counter that tactic in that map.

Jellie

So game should be updated in 5 hours from now, is that right?

3 hours 46 minutes I think based on them saying 3am in Korea?

First time I've had a day off since I did my placements (2564)
anthF8J.png

Might get diamond by the end of the day hopefully.

Edit: Got the time wrong thought it was 3:18 right now not 13:18 oops. so 5 hours 42 mins now.

DevilDog

3 hours 46 minutes I think based on them saying 3am in Korea?

First time I've had a day off since I did my placements (2564)

Might get diamond by the end of the day hopefully.

Edit: Got the time wrong thought it was 3:18 right now not 13:18 oops. so 5 hours 42 mins now.

image.php

I don't feel innocent anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom