• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Yes it totally does. I know this because I play both of them a lot.
My apologies. I could swear I read something from blizzard a ways back that said Mei could heal through it.
Did you solo up to 3500?

I mostly solo'd up to 3470. I played two games with my wife tonight and we won both of them.

I hit master rank and could no longer play with my wife. :(

Then. Turns out I actually hit top 500 at the same time.

Just got accused of throwing a match by a guy who went Widowmaker on Numbani Attack......I healed the first round because his premade took both DPS and one of the Tank roles.

I really love people sometimes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My apologies. I could swear I read something from blizzard a ways back that said Mei could heal through it.

Ana's grenade is freaking powerful man. One of the most powerful tools in the game on a relatively short cool down and it can give lucio 80hps with amp it up.

I honestly believe that once teams get her down she's going to be used outside of the 3T3S role. She just has such a great toolset albeit difficult to master. I actually notice a lot of the top DPS players really like playing as her. Which I can see why, because she's the most active and technical support character. I've been thinking of branching her out to be my main healer once I get more comfortable with using her. Right now I still can't really get the feel of her proper positioning within the maps.

Well, finally ended my horrible loss streak, helping out a fairly decent team as Mercy on King's Row. Diamond probably isn't happening, but at the very least I hope I can get to the point where I'm not the only "Platinum" among a bunch of Golds due to how far I've dropped. We shall see.

Oh, and I actually saw one in the wild: Ana PotM's DO exist! It was a Lifesaver, so guess she must have hit an enemy just as they were about to finish someone off.

Ana's grenade is freaking powerful man. One of the most powerful tools in the game on a relatively short cool down and it can give lucio 80hps with amp it up.

I honestly believe that once teams get her down she's going to be used outside of the 3T3S role. She just has such a great toolset albeit difficult to master. I actually notice a lot of the top DPS players really like playing as her. Which I can see why, because she's the most active and technical support character. I've been thinking of branching her out to be my main healer once I get more comfortable with using her. Right now I still can't really get the feel of her proper positioning within the maps.
There's just so much she can do. Here's the things I can name:

1. Damage enemies with weapon
2. Heal teammates with weapon
3. CC enemies for up to 8 seconds
4. Grenade for self heal
5. Grenade that increases teammates healing and your own
6. Grenade that negates enemy healing
7. Grenade just plain heals 100 hp
8. Grenade just plain deals damage to enemies
9. Fantastic ult
10. Weapon is fantastic at all ranges

It's just so much. You're rarely not doing something as Ana. I love it. I hope Blizz makes more characters with this much utility.

There's just so much she can do. Here's the things I can name:

It's just so much. You're rarely not doing something as Ana. I love it. I hope Blizz makes more characters with this much utility.

The tradeoff is you have to know what you're doing, otherwise you look lackluster at everything lol.

I just won a match where I got shot by Deadeye as Winston right at the end, the game crashed, and when I reconnected I had a loot box and +30 SR waiting for me.

Lol.

Ana is easily the most fun character to have a good match with in the whole game. Her being a legitimate good pick when you figure out how to play her is icing on the cake.

If I'm feeling a little down on Overwatch (which I kind of am lately) I feel like I can just go QP Ana for some fun ass games.

finalflame

You know, I consider moonmoon a pretty damn good player, and he just got assfucked by a semi-pro team in comp. Comes to show you how many orders of magnitude above even the high-average level of skill these dudes are.

NimbusD

dang, well SLAY da game. Mine's been quite a journey from 2700...
lw2SgxX.gif

Holy shit that looks like my graph! Minus the first dip. Fucking killed it at the beginning of season 2. Placed mid gold (woulda been higher but I fucking sucked hard season 1 and got stuck super low), went immediately on a winning streak straight to plat, then I've just been slowly plummeting. One really bad day w five losses and since then like days with 50% wins, but since I was so low season 1, 50% wins means I'm falling closer to last season's level because that's where the ranking system wants to put me, I have to go back on that beginning of season 2 streak to break outta this, or it's back to the pits of hell for me.

You know, I consider moonmoon a pretty damn good player, and he just got assfucked by a semi-pro team in comp. Comes to show you how many orders of magnitude above even the high-average level of skill these dudes are.

Moon moon is a pretty balls to the wall player. He's good, but any team that's at his level, but more organized is going to melt him. It's not all really just skill, it's team play.

Antiwhippy

I mean he's good but that much is obvious.

finalflame

Moon moon is a pretty balls to the wall player. He's good, but any team that's at his level, but more organized is going to melt him. It's not all really just skill, it's team play.

Yah he doesn't try hard very often, but he has pretty good teammates that generally know exactly what they're doing. But yah, you're right, without the coordination it's not gonna be enough to go up against a semi-pro team that scrims on the daily.

I mean he's good but that much is obvious.

Just goes back to my observation that even these pros can't carry in solo queue pretty often, though. The opposing team was pretty much a full stack of pro players. But yet often times these same pro players (actually, better players like mendokusaii, harbleu, IDDQD, KYB, etc) go solo queue and can't carry. Just imagining how much better than the rest of us they are, and that even then they still get their shit pushed in on occasion when solo queueing, is reasserting.

finalflame

I think I'm done with full groups. 3 man max next time.

Every time I join a random full group I regret it. The only thing worse than randoms who can't coordinate is a full group on comms who can't get its head out of its ass. 3 max is the way to go.

LiK

Every time I join a random full group I regret it. The only thing worse than randoms who can't coordinate is a full group on comms who can't get its head out of its ass. 3 max is the way to go.

Even if coordinated I'm just tired of fighting another 6 man stack. it's tiring, tbh lol

duckroll

Full 6 man stacks can be exhausting. In fact, I suspect that's part of the reason for my current sad state. Played too many game with different 6 stacks on losing streaks, while I didn't take the time to do solo queue in between to bring my rank back up each time, while everyone else in the stacks did. Maybe by this weekend...

Antiwhippy

Full 6 man stacks can be exhausting. In fact, I suspect that's part of the reason for my current sad state. Played too many game with different 6 stacks on losing streaks, while I didn't take the time to do solo queue in between to bring my rank back up each time, while everyone else in the stacks did. Maybe by this weekend...

6 stacks are brutal. They're fun but unless your team is constantly on their shit you'll more often find other 6 stacks that are more on their shit than your team.

Duo and triple queue gives you a better chance. IMO.

duckroll

6 stacks are brutal. They're fun but unless your team is constantly on their shit you'll more often find other 6 stacks that are more on their shit than your team.

Duo and triple queue gives you a better chance. IMO.

Yes, absolutely. The problem is that the game is fucking fun and everyone and their mom has it, so when you start playing with a group of friends if it's a good night the team can easily snowball into a full stack even if you didn't plan on it originally. So hard to say no... :(

Antiwhippy

I've actually gone the other end in that regard with ana's ult. I almost use it too liberally now knowing how fast it charges.

Sometimes I'll charge the rein just to clear 1 or 2 people for us to capture the point. Probably better to save it for the next push but I'm guaranteed to get it by then.

ricelord

Drop to 3119 because a friend wanted to play overwatch before i got off and we lost two in a row due to teammates dont know how to play their classes right. lack of healing, and i'm out dmging our dps as dva.

I love that I've finally gotten good with McCree the last few weeks. Consistently beating diamond level McCree mains with 100+ hours to his name feels good. I might actually start running dps in solo queue comp.

No_Style

Yes, absolutely. The problem is that the game is fucking fun and everyone and their mom has it, so when you start playing with a group of friends if it's a good night the team can easily snowball into a full stack even if you didn't plan on it originally. So hard to say no... :(

Yeah. It's tough to say no to people. In the future, as party leader, I may just flip it over to Quick Play if the party balloons to 6.

It's all about having fun as a group anyways.

NimbusD

What I don't understand is, I think everyone agrees that six stacks are fucking hard unless you're like super coordinated, why can't I get placed against teams that are just as uncoordinated as my six stack if there's so many of us out there?

Some of these trophies are impossible. 4 kills with deadeye? Never going to happen. Most players are too smart and know the game too well to get caught by that

duckroll

What I don't understand is, I think everyone agrees that six stacks are fucking hard unless you're like super coordinated, why can't I get placed against teams that are just as uncoordinated as my six stack if there's so many of us out there?

Coordination as a group isn't just about player skill, it's also about concentration. I'm sure everyone has won games as a 6 stack, and some of those games would have been steamrolls too. When you're all working together and putting in serious effort a 6 stack is unstoppable. The problem is, it's hard to maintain that level of play and the more games you play, the more likely that it starts slipping because keeping that level of intensity is hard.

Antiwhippy

Some of these trophies are impossible. 4 kills with deadeye? Never going to happen. Most players are too smart and know the game too well to get caught by that

I actually got that, but it was during PTR. ;_;

Actually had a mccree that did that yesterday to save our bacon. The enemy team was too busy wiping us out after they built ult advantage so the mccree popped to the back, deadeye'd and goddamn held onto the payload nearly solo.

I think I'm done with full groups. 3 man max next time.
I think four is still good. One less random. 5 sucks because half the time you'll get matched against a 6 stack anyway.

Yeah. It's tough to say no to people. In the future, as party leader, I may just flip it over to Quick Play if the party balloons to 6.

It's all about having fun as a group anyways.
Yeah, I'm fine with that.

Of course, what we're basically saying is SR should be unique for party size. They should have 3 tiers for 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6 stacks.

I actually got that, but it was during PTR. ;_;

Actually had a mccree that did that yesterday to save our bacon. The enemy team was too busy wiping us out after they built ult advantage so the mccree popped to the back, deadeye'd and goddamn held onto the payload nearly solo.

Some ults are fairly easy to counter. So many people are good at popping shields and running away.

It makes the trophies very frustrating as you need like 4 kills with 1 ult with some of them. Guess Ill hope for some blind luck

Can someone explain the character portraits? The stars and all that. What are the levels?

Antiwhippy

That's fair enough then. It's just that I'm so used to people talking about gold medals to deflect in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom