• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearing Diamond rank. Duoing with a friend. Queue up and it's a 6 stack vs. our duo queue and solos.

Why the fuck does the matchmaking allow this to happen? Could it really not find anything closer to a 6 stack that it was like "Yeah, this makes sense"? Sure enough it was a loss with the other team having better coordination.

It is amazing what a difference a healer can make. We were getting steamrolled and being pushed on defense. They were 3 damn meters or whatever from victory. I was pissed because everything I choice I got wiped with. So I grabbed Mercy and was like "Fuck it. I'll just goof around for the last 3." We ended up holding the line for the last 4-5 minutes in this one spot.

Nearing Diamond rank. Duoing with a friend. Queue up and it's a 6 stack vs. our duo queue and solos.

Why the fuck does the matchmaking allow this to happen? Could it really not find anything closer to a 6 stack that it was like "Yeah, this makes sense"? Sure enough it was a loss with the other team having better coordination.
Well, the game has to find a similar 6 stack, but it has to find one that's equal skill. The system was probably having trouble finding a game like that and after, say, 6-7 minutes the game just throws that out so they don't have to wait in queue forever.

Really, people kind of just need to get over this stuff. It won't change and it's impossible to avoid in really any game. It's going to happen every so often and you just have to kinda live with that. I know, it still stinks, but it's unavoidable.

I would think this is going to be more common once Destiny RoI comes out and any subsequent release of other games (BF1, CoD:IW). Active player counts will go down in OW, get ready for wonky match making...

I would think this is going to be more common once Destiny RoI comes out and any subsequent release of other games (BF1, CoD:IW). Active player counts will go down in OW, get ready for wonky match making...
Eh, I doubt it. All 4 of these are completely different games and appeal to different audiences. They shouldn't affect this games population very much, especially since this game still has a very large population. I doubt those games will change too much.

Alucrid

Banned
so what's the time limit on someone leaving and the match not counting? had someone drop out at 30 secs in and didn't get penalized

mellow

I swear there are way more leavers in S2 than I ever came across in S1. Like people leaving after we lose a round of KOTH and there are still two more to go. I had one earlier where the opposition had two guys quit after they attacked (and took it about 3/4) then quit when we steamrolled the first point. I probably see a leaver every 3 games when before it was every 10 or so in S1. IDK if it's because the ranks seem way more broad. A lot of diamonds that were early 50s in S1 etc.

finalflame

I swear there are way more leavers in S2 than I ever came across in S1. Like people leaving after we lose a round of KOTH and there are still two more to go. I had one earlier where the opposition had two guys quit after they attacked (and took it about 3/4) then quit when we steamrolled the first point. I probably see a leaver every 3 games when before it was every 10 or so in S1. IDK if it's because the ranks seem way more broad. A lot of diamonds that were early 50s in S1 etc.

I've seen maybe ~3 leavers in 100 games I've played in S2. I guess it's all up to luck.

mellow

I also kinda agree that if Zarya doesn't stay with her team and finds herself isolated against a couple of people she can be pretty easily wrecked. I was struggling earlier against a Roadhog - Reaper combo that always focused me down. When your team synergy is on point though she's insane. I'm not so sure she needs nerfing, IDEK how they would nerf her without ruining her.

ricelord

14374695_1169465613128002_1596180236_o.png

*insert moving on up music*

Redmoon

Seems that Top 500 has been enabled. Dont know if it takes your season top or current rank, but I saw some people on poke's stream currently in the 37xx range in top 500.

I've seen maybe ~3 leavers in 100 games I've played in S2. I guess it's all up to luck.

I've had 2-5 leavers per week, despite this I have the most 5v6 wins this season (at least 3 wins). On the flipside, I have about as many leavers on the opposing team, oddly enough, sometimes when the enemy team is doing decent/good (they steam roll us both rounds, but once overtime kicks in and we start fighting back, one of theirs leaves... giving us an instant win).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've had a few (was one myself actually) just from server issues.

The one time i got kicked out of the servers was really weird. Lag spikes and everyone starts teleporting before i got kicked out of the game all the way.

Also one time my computer just straight froze.

Which is why i try to keep in mind that people might have left due to situations beyond their control.

xaosslug

were you on a winning streak, bruh? When I hit a 10 game winning streak in soloQ the game threw a 6 person group at me. Amazing. xD

Antiwhippy

Also goddamn had a really derp moment yesterday. Haven't played roadhog in awhile, and while I was throwing my hook out, Dva ulted and I dragged it into my team. ;_;

Luckily we won and that didn't end up being potg, but maaaaaaan.

Also goddamn had a really derp moment yesterday. Haven't played roadhog in awhile, and while I was throwing my hook out, Dva ulted and I dragged it into my team. ;_;

Luckily we won and that didn't end up being potg, but maaaaaaan.
I always laugh when I see clips of Reins charging the Dva ult instead of putting up their shields. I wonder what's going made them decide to do that lol?

keuja

Fucking bullshit that Mei can contest cap or payload when in indestructible and unmovable ice cube. Fun to lose because of that bs.

Yes she is the only one that can solo contest a point without any counter available at all. She shouldn't be invincible but maybe get a huge armor like 2000 hp. Same for the ice wall actually. That way she could efficiently stall a smaller group but not a whole damn team just by herself.

Antiwhippy

Her counter is that you know where she is, she can't move, and if the team is semi-competent she will get destroyed the moment she leaves the cube.

Yes she is the only one that can solo contest a point without any counter available at all. She shouldn't be invincible but maybe get a huge armor like 2000 hp. Same for the ice wall actually. That way she could efficiently stall a smaller group but not a whole damn team just by herself.
You act like the cube has infinite time. What's the point of giving her 2000 health, when would you ever take down all that health in the few seconds she's in the cube?

Antiwhippy

Also yes, please give me 2000hp that I can get on cooldown every few seconds. That sounds super balanced.

You think zarya getting extra 200HP every 10secs was bad.

Veelk

Banned
Also yes, please give me 2000hp that I can get on cooldown every few seconds. That sounds super balanced.

You think zarya getting extra 200HP every 10secs was bad.

I mean, you already get invulnerability. That's literally infinitely more than 2000HP.

I mean, you already get invulnerability. That's literally infinitely more than 2000HP.
How many teams are going to take out a 2000 health ice block when she's only in it for a few seconds? It takes longer than that for some teams to take out a Rein shield.

antitrop

It's really strange to hear Soldier: 76 say "Your mother would have been proud of you" to Pharah, while you have an Ana on your team standing right. fucking. there.

And then for Pharah to say "You don't know my mother" or whatever, like uh... she's standing in the corner right over there.

Veelk

Banned
How many teams are going to take out a 2000 health ice block when she's only in it for a few seconds? It takes longer than that for some teams to take out a Rein shield.
I wasn't agreeing with him or anything. Just pointing out, a 2000HP change wouldn't really be any more overpowered than what we have now. Either way, we're not breaking through that damn ice.

Personally, I just believe that there should be SOME kind of counter to Mei going into armor lock. There's that one image that suggests that players with the right abilities should be able to move her, like Lucio's blast gun or Pharah's concussion thing. Just as long as we can do SOMETHING about her because right now, there's just straight up nothing to be done, in any situation.

I wasn't agreeing with him or anything. Just pointing out, a 2000HP change wouldn't really be any more overpowered than what we have now. Either way, we're not breaking through that damn ice.

Personally, I just believe that there should be SOME kind of counter to Mei going into armor lock. There's that one image that suggests that players with the right abilities should be able to move her, like Lucio's blast gun or Pharah's concussion thing. Just as long as we can do SOMETHING about her, because right now, there's just straight up nothing to be done, in any situation.
Surround her and kill her when she comes out. Boom, you just countered her. If she's going into ice block, there is a very high chance of her dying right after.

Antiwhippy

Personally, I just believe that there should be SOME kind of counter to Mei going into armor lock. There's that one image that suggests that players with the right abilities should be able to move her, like Lucio's blast gun or Pharah's concussion thing. Just as long as we can do SOMETHING about her because right now, there's just straight up nothing to be done, in any situation.

Just wait and kill her.

Like, that's all there is to it.

If I ever survive a 6 v 1 stall I know I've played against a pretty bad team.

Veelk

Banned
Surround her and kill her when she comes out. Boom, you just countered her. If she's going into ice block, there is a very high chance of her dying right after.
Just wait and kill her.

Like, that's all there is to it.

If I ever survive a 6 v 1 stall I know I've played against a pretty bad team.

That's not really a counter, that's just waiting out the delay. If your team has the time to do that, then she was going to die no matter what she did. A counter would mean "Oh, she did that? Well, she just activated my trap card." A lucio being able to walk up and blast her off the edge or atleast out of the objective would count as that.

Part of the game is that there are some situations you just can't get out of or can't do anything about. I accept that. However, with Mei's ice block, there is NO situation in which you can counter her. At worst, it's a neutral move that does nothing but pointlessly delay the inevitable for no great gain.

I'm not saying it's even overpowered or anything. While I think the health regain is a bit annoying, the situation where her stalling actually saved the game is very rare. However, I just think the game is more interesting when everything has atleast one counter you can pull off in rare situations, vs no counter at all.

Antiwhippy

That's not really a counter, that's just waiting out the delay. If your team has the time to do that, then she was going to die no matter what she did. A counter would mean "Oh, she did that? Well, she just activated my trap card." A lucio being able to walk up and blast her off the edge or atleast out of the objective would count as that.

Part of the game is that there are some situations you just can't get out of or can't do anything about. I accept that. However, with Mei's ice block, there is NO situation in which you can counter her. At worst, it's a neutral move that does nothing but pointlessly delay the inevitable for no great gain.

I'm not saying it's even overpowered or anything. While I think the health regain is a bit annoying, the situation where her stalling actually saved the game is very rare. However, I just think the game is more interesting when everything has atleast one counter you can pull off in rare situations, vs no counter at all.

There is though. Ana grenade completely blocks out her healing in the ice block.

Lose one -26. Win a game with 5 top 500 players in it +10, lose a game -24. -_-

And the connection has been shit lately. My internet has had troubles in the past but the speed test says it's going fine, unlike when it used to start lagging. It's not an unplayable lag, but very annoying. Those two icons in the top right are just flashing all game.

Maybe I'll play Rise of Iron after all.

Antiwhippy

Which actually kinda annoys me when my teammates wake up a mei that I put to sleep before I can grenade her. Let me grenade her so she can't heal damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom