• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude.

Quoting because RIP last post:

So, I booted up the live game after 2 weeks and I found my sensitivity all fucked up and the characters I remapped back to default, but some of the adjustments I made (like McCree's sensitivity lower than the standard) were still present. What the fuck.

NBtoaster

I haven't played in a while, why do I have 11 normal loot boxes? I've never bought anything.

edit: apparently was granted to the sea regeion as apology for server instability

Skii

Thanks for the games tonight guys! First introduction into PC was just brutal lol. I'm in a group with a lot higher MMR forcing me to play good players when I still struggle to move straight haha. And then we immediately go into hard mode in the brawl. Brawl is extremely fun!

I got 9 loot boxes from levelling up and all I got was one epic so far... :(

Tovarisc

Thanks for the games tonight guys! First introduction into PC was just brutal lol. I'm in a group with a lot higher MMR forcing me to play good players when I still struggle to move straight haha. And then we immediately go into hard mode in the brawl. Brawl is extremely fun!

I got 9 loot boxes from levelling up and all I got was one epic so far... :(

That is the spirit. Right into deep end, swim or die :b

Oscar

Bit on a 24 pack.

Got most of the Halloween skins I wanted (Witch, Monster Roadhog, Demon Hanzo, Immortal 76, Coldhardt) and an ifrit Zen.

Pumpkin Reaper is the only one left on my list, gonna wait till the end of the event to drop gold on him.

You people buying lootboxes know that you have 3 weeks to earn your boxes first right? :p

Yeah, I honestly don't understand why you would buy loot boxes now unless you know you're not going to play much in the next 3 weeks. I'll likely buy some towards the end, but if on the off-chance I manage to get everything I want through leveling up I'll be able to save some money.

I have most of the intros/emotes and skins, I only need Rein's Pumpkin emote, Pumpkin Reaper and his emote and Frankenhog and I have all the big ticket items already, woo!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My team comp for Eichenwalde defense was.. not good. Like a Junkrat that got murdered nonstop by Pharah. I was trying to Bastion without the support of a Reinhardt and I did the best I could.

But I got a Legendary card at the end. Gogetemchamp.jpg

What do you guys think about the new aim on console?

I only did brawl today to practice and I think it's really weird, the speed variation completely ruins some characters to me.

The brawl on hard is freaking hard, but it also doesn't help that the people use their ults right before the "bosses" appear, and also can't shoot a tire that you can see from a mile away...

mellow

spent 3K credits on Reaper's skin, only skin I like from the event

I haven't played OW for a couple weeks on console so I didn't immediately notice any differences in the aiming that theyve supposedly tweaked? besides it feeling slightly slower, IMO. Maybe that's just me being away for a while. Had to up my sensitivity by 10 each. Though, I only used Soldier in the brawl, Zen and then spent most of my time on Zarya. How exactly have they changed stuff up?

antitrop

Oh come on, how can the soldier be that bad? At least our McCree was solid, but it wasn't enough

d9YH5h0h.jpg

Taking a two-week break from this was a good idea.

Coming back and going 4-0 in comp, I've forgotten everything that ever annoyed me about the game.

Man that ghost button glitch sucks, had it happen twice in the brawl where I just randomly threw an Ana grenade without hitting he button :/

I don't know if I want to adjust to the new aiming, I had no problems aiming before so I might just switch back unless people come out and say it's far better, then I might try it. But for now, I'm sticking with the old aiming. I wonder if that's why I was playing like garbage earlier in comp.

J_Viper

I'm finally getting into some matches on PC, but it's still taking longer than I think it should. Is it slow because I'm level 5?

Also, I keep getting a lightning bolt symbol pop up. Is that for connection? Because I'm not getting an ounce of lag, so my connection should be fine

Honestly I'm not sure where Hanzo fits in the brawl.

McCrees deadeye is in insta kill on everything and does massive damage to bosses.
Soldier kills all the adds fast and is a great nano target.
Ana's nano saves you a ton and her sleeping the bosses is great for this.

What does Hanzo have really? His ult doesn't have as much killing potential, sonic arrow is worthless, and he's harder to aim than the other two.

DevilDog

McCrees deadeye is in insta kill on everything and does massive damage to bosses.

What does Hanzo have really? His ult doesn't have as much killing potential, sonic arrow is worthless, and he's harder to aim than the other two.

Try it on hard difficulty, his dragon is extremely useful for junkrat and bosses in general.

Also he has no damage fallof. Which means he is great at taking out those blue things that throw orbs at your team.

xaosslug

ok, did they extend the reach of Mei's ice blaster? Because it seems like she's freezing me/teammates from at least 15 meters away... 0_o

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

His ult is good to basically clear a path of minions and he builds it quickly, though with Ana I think it's way better to nano the other two.

The weirdest part of the brawl to me is actually that McCree has no new skin since the other three do.

Man that ghost button glitch sucks, had it happen twice in the brawl where I just randomly threw an Ana grenade without hitting he button :/

I don't know if I want to adjust to the new aiming, I had no problems aiming before so I might just switch back unless people come out and say it's far better, then I might try it. But for now, I'm sticking with the old aiming. I wonder if that's why I was playing like garbage earlier in comp.

Most likely, it's considerable different from the old aiming. The inner part of the analog feels lot slower while the outer edge is extremely fast.

antitrop

She is anything but boring. If you are one of the many shit Mercy players who think playing Mercy = hold down lmb and follow a tank around, yea she is boring. If you play her properly it is non stop action and juggling priorities.
Most stressful character in the game to play. Like the complete opposite of boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hoenstly, the amount of time it takes for Bastion to animate into sentry form, animate out of it and animate into tank form is unacceptable. Because he'll kill new players? He'll kill new players no matter what damage he's doing, no matter how moveable he is.

He moves like a fucking log, his self-heal is interruptable unlike Roadhog's, he only has 300 HP, he's completely immobile. It's like how ridiculous is it that if a Pharah is firing at you your only real option is to try and kill her first? Even if you see her first, you can't animate back into Recon form and get away. It is insane that they think he's ok just because 'new players' and because if you build an entire team around him, he can kill people.

It's like maybe he'll run off new players because they kill him(he won't) but imagine new players that like him, play him, and quickly discover how insanely situational he is. The Heavy in TF2 is a good comparison for him due to the mini-gun windup and slow mobility but the Heavy can still move in spun-up mode at a slower rate. Bastion is just fucked.

at least i have grandma candy
Most stressful character in the game to play. Like the complete opposite of boring.

I find Ana far more stressful. I feel like I need to go out and smoke afterwards.

His ult is good to basically clear a path of minions and he builds it quickly, though with Ana I think it's way better to nano the other two.

The weirdest part of the brawl to me is actually that McCree has no new skin since the other three do.
I find McCrees ult far better at clearing minions because he locks on to them insanely fast and insta kills all of them and damages the bosses a good bit.

IDK, maybe it is just a hard mode thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom