• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm not sure where Hanzo fits in the brawl.

McCrees deadeye is in insta kill on everything and does massive damage to bosses.
Soldier kills all the adds fast and is a great nano target.
Ana's nano saves you a ton and her sleeping the bosses is great for this.

What does Hanzo have really? His ult doesn't have as much killing potential, sonic arrow is worthless, and he's harder to aim than the other two.

He is my go to character in the brawl, he's great to take out the "bombers" as soon as they appear from long distances and his Dragon can pretty much kill the Junkrat by itself (medium difficulty at least). The scatter is also a sure way to destroy the tires if your teammates suck.

Another lootbox, another legendary.

Now I've got all four in the first day.

Damn, that's really lucky. I only got two sprays and a yellow drop that ended up being 500 currency...

Edit: btw, wasn't the brawl supposed to give us currency? I didn't win on hard, so maybe that way?

DevilDog

I find McCrees ult far better at clearing minions because he locks on to them insanely fast and insta kills all of them and damages the bosses a good bit.

IDK, maybe it is just a hard mode thing.

You use Mccree to kill minions on hard mode? How do you even kill the bosses?

You use Mccree to kill minions on hard mode? How do you even kill the bosses?
Idk, the few times I played him, I was getting my ult fairly quickly, so I was able to use it a lot.

But it's better for the bosses the the adds? I guess that actually makes more sense lol.

Also, it wasn't on hard mode, I was doing this stuff on Medium.

Chuck

Still without luck
GUYS GUESS WHAT MY ONE FREE LOOTBOX GOT ME

2AonTB4.png
:3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
She is anything but boring. If you are one of the many shit Mercy players who think playing Mercy = hold down lmb and follow a tank around, yea she is boring. If you play her properly it is non stop action and juggling priorities.

Every healer is about juggling priorities.

She's still boring.

Veelk

Banned
I have to say, Hanzo in the Brawl is a great way to practice shooting. Much better than the actual training course.

Alucrid

Banned
She is anything but boring. If you are one of the many shit Mercy players who think playing Mercy = hold down lmb and follow a tank around, yea she is boring. If you play her properly it is non stop action and juggling priorities.

priorities = "should i be a witch or a devil" and "do i hide here or there to rez"

J_Viper

I'm finally getting into some matches on PC, but it's still taking longer than I think it should. Is it slow because I'm level 5?

Also, I keep getting a lightning bolt symbol pop up. Is that for connection? Because I'm not getting an ounce of lag, so my connection should be fine
Anyone?

Skii

I have to say, Hanzo in the Brawl is a great way to practice shooting. Much better than the actual training course.

That was the one positive playing Hanzo in brawl. It's a great way for me to improve my headshot accuracy with projectiles. It's so much easier on PC compared to console.

Most stressful character in the game to play. Like the complete opposite of boring.

Seriously, I love playing her so much, she's one of my most used characters in comp. The constant micromanaging of when to shoot, assist, heal or rez is super engaging. Much more fun than say Lucio who is run in circles and boop and sometimes change songs.

So McCree is by far the most important hero in the Brawl. I'm a terrible McCree in the "real" game, and my first time playing him in Hard mode we went three times further than I've ever managed to get before.

McCree needs to solo hold the left side of the map, standing up on top of the stairs. He'll be easily able to take down everyone coming down that path by himself, and can assist with the middle as well if the left side is empty. If he saves his High Noon for the boss fights, they'll be so, so much easier.

Fancolors

Seriously, I love playing her so much, she's one of my most used characters in comp. The constant micromanaging of when to shoot, assist, heal or rez is super engaging. Much more fun than say Lucio who is run in circles and boop and sometimes change songs.
Eh, I find juggling between healing and speed boost much more engaging than Mercy.

There's nothing more satisfying than successfully disengaging the enemy team with a well timed speed boost.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

See, that is also an example of bad lucio play.

If anything most of the time I have to babysit mercy with my boop honestly.

J_Viper

Depends on what time it's where you live, but your rank definitely affects MM duration.

Also that lightning bolt is about your connection quality, but devs have said that you can basically ignore it atm because it gets triggered too easily.
Thanks for clearing that up!

I really don't like the new character portraits - who the hell thought white would look better than black? Is there an option to change it?

Also so far I haven't noticed a huge difference in the dual zone aiming for controllers - it felt a little better but I can't tell if it's in my mind or not.

ZangBa

Anyone else experience a game bug where your character will randomly use one of their skills? Not sure what the trigger is, on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom