• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmoon

My new BG image ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Rip widowmaker.

xyurwq.png

Also, the image is 1.1GB in size. Gotta love 9x screenshot capturing. But the size is so worth it, looks great on both screens.

So far I'm liking the event more than summer games.

rockyt

How easy it is to pick up and play like Team Fortress is this game. Can i like log on play for 30 mins or so and quit for the day?

Mossybrew

I'm still shocked after all this time people haven't figured out you're supposed to flank as Dva

That's why she's fun, boost around to where they don't expect you and cause havoc, live as long as you can to provide a good distraction. I'm a scrub player and know that much.

Veelk

Banned
Guys....GUYS! Holy shit

THEY FIXED THE AIMING

Controller users can now choose between two aiming modes

Dual-Zone mode (New default): The vast majority of the thumbstick's range moves with reduced sensitivity and relatively high acceleration. However, when the thumbstick crosses to the outer 10% of its range, it will move with high sensitivity and relatively low acceleration. This mode will allow for more precise aiming, while still allowing players to turn around quickly

Exponential Ramp mode (Old default): As the thumbstick moves toward the outside of its range, the sensitivity is ramped up exponentially. The acceleration remains relatively high throughout

Dual Zone aiming makes Sniping with Widowmaker SOOOOOO much smoother. It's smoother for all heroes in general, but most noticable with Widow. I am still shit, but I played a game and I felt a noticable difference in how easy it is to aim and fire. People who are actually good may find use with her now! Like, she won't be a pro choice or anything like that, but using her sometimes on comp might be viable if they ever patch just a TINY bit more so she can survive a single close range encounter.

Also, I noticed that her assault rifle no longer has a spread, or atleast the icon no longer spreads when you shoot. I assume this is a glitch, since it wasn't included in these or any other patch notes I know of. This is good, since she might actually be able to fire in close quarters combat. Edit: I just checked and the rifle, at closish-mediumish range fires a fair bit outside of it's circle into the wall. So it seems the spread is still there and the retical not spreading is a bug, unless that's how it was in the old way too, but I don't remember. Here's a pic I took. The reticle stays that small, but the spread is still there.

So her gun still sucks. Boo.

I still think is stupid that her grapple has a 12 second cooldown and they really need to do something about her venom doing more than 15 damage a second because that shit does NOTHING and she needs some protection when enemies get up in her face and I'd love to see her Ult turned into some kind of damage dealer, but fuck it, as a long time widowmaker whiner player, I'm so happy to get SOMETHING to make her work right.

exYle

Guys....GUYS! Holy shit

THEY FIXED THE AIMING

Dual Zone aiming makes Sniping with Widowmaker SOOOOOO much smoother. It's smoother for all heroes in general, but most noticable with Widow. I am still shit, but I played a game and I felt a noticable difference in how easy it is to aim and fire. People who are actually good may find use with her now! Like, she won't be a pro choice or anything like that, but using her sometimes on comp might be viable if they ever patch.

Also, I noticed that her assault rifle no longer has a spread, or atleast the icon no longer spreads when you shoot. I assume this is a glitch, since it wasn't included in these or any other patch notes I know of. This is good, since she might actually be able to fire in close quarters combat.

I still think is stupid that her grapple has a 12 second cooldown and they really need to do something about her venom doing more than 15 damage a second because that shit does NOTHING and she needs some protection when enemies get up in her face, but fuck it, as a long time widowmaker whiner player, I'm so happy to get SOMETHING to make her work right.

I should do some testing with Genji to see how it affects him

LiK

Guys....GUYS! Holy shit

THEY FIXED THE AIMING

Dual Zone aiming makes Sniping with Widowmaker SOOOOOO much smoother. It's smoother for all heroes in general, but most noticable with Widow. I am still shit, but I played a game and I felt a noticable difference in how easy it is to aim and fire. People who are actually good may find use with her now! Like, she won't be a pro choice or anything like that, but using her sometimes on comp might be viable if they ever patch.

Also, I noticed that her assault rifle no longer has a spread, or atleast the icon no longer spreads when you shoot. I assume this is a glitch, since it wasn't included in these or any other patch notes I know of. This is good, since she might actually be able to fire in close quarters combat. Edit: I just checked and the rifle, at closish-mediumish range fires a fair bit outside of it's circle into the wall. So it seems the spread is still there and the retical not spreading is a bug, unless that's how it was in the old way too, but I don't remember.

I still think is stupid that her grapple has a 12 second cooldown and they really need to do something about her venom doing more than 15 damage a second because that shit does NOTHING and she needs some protection when enemies get up in her face, but fuck it, as a long time widowmaker whiner player, I'm so happy to get SOMETHING to make her work right.

it feels fucking weird to me now cuz i adjusted the aiming to work with the dead zone crap and now i need to readjust it all over again to make them feel right again. sigh.

ExVicis

Went and bought 7 loot boxes and got the Mercy Skin on the last one. Was it all worth it to get that one skin?
Yes, yes it was.

Volcynika

All my PC friends were in full groups so I did not get the group bonus! Sadness! So far not much in loot boxes, just got RIP Symmetra and a couple voice tracks/couple sprays. No skins. :(

I just lost a game to a Pharah. A single Pharah. Who I told my team was on point. I told them she was now above point. I told them she was getting away. I told them she was hiding above us. Then the rest of their team came back and she popped out and ulted us all.

Back to Diamond, boys. Kill me, Pete.

adamy

Banned
why the FUCK did I just get banned from competitive play?

I tried to join a new match and it just hung there and wouldn't join even after several minutes, so I connected to my other wifi connection and re-launched the game at which point it stated my account is suspended from competitive play

once a match ends and they've finished showing the Play of the Game, I'm allowed to exit out with no penalty...right? da fuck?!

Mush

Very pleased with the majority of the new skins. But why Hanzo got a skin instead of Widowmaker however, is beyond me. I thought that one would be too obvious. Spiders? Spoopy things?

The "You are already dead" voice line kinda makes up for it though.

ricelord

On my free loot box. all is right with the world

14614468_1193997407341489_883183171_o.jpg

while my friend got 3 legendary in a row , none was a halloween skin and 1 was gold. Dude is raging atm lol.

komaruR

it feels fucking weird to me now cuz i adjusted the aiming to work with the dead zone crap and now i need to readjust it all over again to make them feel right again. sigh.

i totally forgot about the aiming fix.
my aim was so on point like play cod/bf/destiny. think this new aim will be natural for you too.

Christ the Halloween boxes are shitting all over me. 4 boxes opened so far, maximum amount of whites. Out of the event items I have 2 sprays, 1 victory pose and, the best item I got so far was a purple tier (Reinhardt's emote), which also happened to be the only purple or higher I've gotten so far. I'm fully expecting the next box to have a duplicate spray for me!

darklin0

Banned
Christ the Halloween boxes are shitting all over me. 4 boxes opened so far, maximum amount of whites. Out of the event items I have 2 sprays, 1 victory pose and, the best item I got so far was a purple tier (Reinhardt's emote), which also happened to be the only purple or higher I've gotten so far. I'm fully expecting the next box to have a duplicate spray for me!

5 boxes, 5 Voice lines. I am doing just great. Everything is fine. Nothing is wrong.
T^T

I gotta say I love how much they're increasing the cornball factor of reaper.

I absolutely love that they're embracing the stuff fans are coming up with like Dad 76, Reaper being the edgiest of edgelords. Heck, D.Va's victory pose even has doritos on it. It's amazing.

5 boxes, 5 Voice lines. I am doing just great. Everything is fine. Nothing is wrong.
T^T

Let us suffer together. ;-;

Haven't played since the first week of season 2. With the Halloween event a couple friends and I log on to play a bit. We unlocked the achievement for completing the brawl with each hero and decide to switch it up and boot up Quick Play (one of my friends is still under 25). Of course in the first match someone on our team starts shit talking immediately about how they know how the match will go based on our skill rating. Don't change OW community. : /

P.S. Yes, we did lose. Oh well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

T^T

Guys.

It's a 3 week event.

You can buy stuff with coins.

It's not even a day yet.

darklin0

Banned
I absolutely love that they're embracing the stuff fans are coming up with like Dad 76, Reaper being the edgiest of edgelords. Heck, D.Va's victory pose even has doritos on it. It's amazing.

Let us suffer together. ;-;
Guys.

It's a 3 week event.

You can buy stuff with coins.

It's not even a day yet.

No! I want them now. I want them! I want them! I want them! I want them! I want them!
I want them! I want them! I want them! I want them! I want them!
I can buy two skins but I am waiting for RNG before I buy anything.

XenoRaven

Got to the final battle on hard mode with randoms but couldn't quite do it. Roadhogstein is so disruptive. Just when you think you have him he ults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom