• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

Haven't played since a couple weeks after the last character was released. Will definitely pop in for some co op PVE.. I love this kind of stuff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tracer is kinda a 50/50 thing. Being able to one-shot her can makes tracers very skittish. And you should be able to one-shot her. Not about luck either. Get good with your icicles. One of the best projectile in the game as far as speed and trajectory goes.

How is zen a strong counter?

Pharah should not be losing to mei 1v1 (though I've met a lot of shitty pharahs)

Reaper depends on which range the engagements starts.

Funnily enough mei is used more now because she is pretty good at locking down tanks so the team can finish them off without them getting ana healed, so she's considered to be their counter, but yeah, don't go 1v1ing tanks.

Widow counters her only in that she can counter any character that can't reach her easily or quickly get in her range, but mei can block LoS. Same deal with hanzo really, I really don't see how both of them are specifically hard counters.

McCree
Pharah
Reaper
Tracer
Zarya
Roadhog
Reinhardt
Zenyatta
Hanzo
Widowmaker

These are all characters that should beat Mei in a 1v1 battle. Obviously. this isnt going to happen all the time, but she has very very strong hard counters
At least speaking from personal experience the only characters on that list that give me any problems as mei are pharah and tracer never really had any problems with the rest my biggest problems as mei happen when it's a two on one situation I personally think mei is one of the best at one on one encounters

Did you go back to comp after I left? How did you do?
Me Badboy TJ and Owzers plays some QP then when Badboy and Owzers left we played 1 king of the hill comp game. Eeked out a win, after I made some really bad misplays we pulled it together at the end with LRG and TJ on the supports.

Decided to end on that high note.

cyborg009

Banned
At least speaking from personal experience the only characters on that list that give me any problems as mei are pharah and tracer never really had any problems with the rest my biggest problems as mei happen when it's a two on one situation I personally think mei is one of the best at one on one encounters

A mei that stays with her team is freaking annoying. And yea I usually run away when having to face a mei 1v1.

Banzai

Had a Nepal game with a Bastion and a Hanzo. The Hanzo kept jumping off a cliff all game because the other guy was playing Bastion. We lost 2 rounds and then came back to win. I don't understand this game sometimes.

Played 1 match this morming and Anas ult charge didnt feel very different tbh.
I noticed it a lot playing her a ton today.

I need to stop just blowing my ult as soon as I get it because now it might be awhile before I have another. That being said, some good tank healing can still charge it crazy fast.

PatjuhR

So now that I'm on the hunt for the 4 kills as a tank trophy I noticed that Bastion is pretty good just walking around. That gun is steady as fuck.

But not even close to 4 kills yet, can't get farther than 2.

Or get a zarya.

Zarya's ult doesn't help if the enemies trickle in 1 by 1 or something like that. :p
But yeah, if you have a friend who is willing to help you with achievements, having them play Zarya and set you up for ults is the easiest way to get those "kill X amount of people with your ult" achievements on every hero.

PatjuhR

I play for my throphies in QP. I don't want to annoy others, and myself, with an insta-pick Bastion. Even on Attack.
So sorry
Altough I couldn't keep my attack Bastion when somebody called me out on it. I'm not that kind of person.

But I rarely run into tight groups in QP. It's more individuals running around.

Animator

Okay, I'm trying not to hate on Mei as much even though she's still evil, but can I just ask for 1 change?

Her armor lock ability. I think it's bullshit that there's no actual counter to it. When she armor locks, there is literally nothing you can do except wait her out. It's not a fun mechanic.

Change SOMETHING about it. How about she doesn't regain health for no reason while she does it? Or maybe just have it movable, so if she armor locks, I can atleast hit her off a checkpoint if I have a weapon that makes a blast or something.

Or how about you atleast make her commit to whatever time slot in the ice? That way, I can atleast play around it. I've had so many instances where I get stabbed in the back just because she armor locks. If I turn around, then she just comes out and kills me. It doesn't feel like a fun or fair situation when, being stuck between two players, gives me literally NO option for any possible evasion. So if she's going to armor lock, I should be able to survey my surroundings while I mentally wait the 8 seconds she stays in her little cacoon without worrying that she's going to emerge prematurely.

I just find it frustrating that if she ice cacoons herself, there is NOTHING I can do about her. I just want there to be SOME kind of countermove. Anything.

Stop engaging Mei 1 vs 1.

PatjuhR

When people talk about Mei I'm always split. I hate running in to her, but on the other hand she is not that OP if you play it smart. If you are with teammates and she put's herself in Ice there is no way she gonna survive when she comes out.

One thing I really would consider tho is making her magazine size a bit smaller. Maybe make the Icicle darts consume less to compensate.

Shoot the damn wall. Get your teammates to help... you can destroy the wall.

You can't counter Reapers! He moves about... but you can literally do nothing to him and he can literally do nothing to you. (Mei can block him with her wall... but that's about it.)

Just sounds like the same old stuff about Mei... people being salty because she some how slows it down for you and you're not able to get that finishing move off because the Mei was too quick to go into ice block.

If they were to do any kind of nerfin to Mei... the only thing I would fine acceptable is maybe lower her health recharge rate.

No way? Really? You can shoot the wall?! What with? Like a gun or something?

The post I was replying to said that after Mei has used her Ice Block there's no escape for her. Which is untrue.

So now that I'm on the hunt for the 4 kills as a tank trophy I noticed that Bastion is pretty good just walking around. That gun is steady as fuck.

But not even close to 4 kills yet, can't get farther than 2.

I got it over the weekend on Hollywood attack near where you deliver the payload too, because I killed 3, then a Mercy resurrected her team, so I got 5 in total.

I've had good luck with the Halloween lootboxes though. I got Symmetra's victory pose in my free one, and Junkenstein and Antique Bastion in my second.

Antiwhippy

The only thing that I find obnoxious about Mei is her ult's massive radius. Beyond that, I never had any issues with her. Stay away from her and she barely will hurt you.

Eh?

Mccree asking Hanzo out for a drink and junkrat caressing roadhog's belly in the main image.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Goddamn, the third difficulty is actually really hard. The Junkrat + Reaper combo keeps fucking us up.

DevilDog

And we aren't?

I was showing restraint. Tumblr people are like:

4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg

Yeah we're crazy too.

Early morning randoms on the PvE. Absolutely slayed it.

We almost had the no damage win but one tire slipped by with a sliver of health. No other wall damage.

So I've been thinking about the future of the seasonal content in regards to content from the previous year(s). How do you guys think Blizzard will proceed?

Here's the options I thought of that they can go with. I do believe that next summer, they'll make all Summer Games 2016 items available for credits as well, mind you, but I'm thinking about box contents here.

1.) They just keep adding new stuff to the same boxes. This will probably mean that there won't be ~100 items each year, but that every subsequent year will have small amounts of new items (probably in the ballpark of 20-40 if I had to guess), most of which will be catching up with new heroes that had been released since the past year. However, within a few years, that would also lead to content overflow, where if you've been playing the game since the start, you would mostly get duplicates, and the new items would be really difficult to get.

2.) They make an entirely new set of boxes for subsequent years with all new content. Older years' boxes can be bought with $ or exchanged for with the current year's box (since you could exchange summer crates for normal ones, the mechanics for such a system are already in place as well).

3.) A mix of both of the above: They exchange the low commodity items (white/blue tiers) for new ones, but keep the high commodity ones (purple/gold tiers) in the new boxes. If you really want that BMX Reaper Spray or that RIP Tracer victory pose, you can still grab them for credits, but they are not going to drop from boxes.

Personally I think that 1 could happen next year, but Blizzard getting a lot of backlash because of the duplicate rate for older players in particular, and down the road, option 2 is the most likely.

I feel like Lunar Year might be a tad too regionally specific to have a whole event based on it, but I can definitely see them doing a couple skins and stuff to tie into it, maybe even a Brawl.

We've also had a discussion in the OW-GAF Discord about how many seasonal events Blizzard might be doing, and in what time distance. While I personally think they'll stick with one every ~3 months for each 'proper' season of the year (Easter or just generic Spring stuff, Summer Games, Halloween, Christmas), someone suggested that they might be doing a seasonal event every 2 months.

It kind of would line up (Christmas/New Years for Dec, Valentine's/Lunar New Year/Mardi Gras for Feb, Easter for April, whatever the fuck for June, return of Summer Games in Aug and thus the wheel begins anew), but I feel like that might be a tad overkill.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did they increase the drop chance on the new skins or did I just get super lucky? I opened 3 and got a purple and a legendary.

darklin0

Banned
Did they increase the drop chance on the new skins or did I just get super lucky? I opened 3 and got a purple and a legendary.

5 Voice lines, 2 sprays for me so far. I hate you by the way.
I don' hate you, I am just extremely jealous. T-T

Antiwhippy

I feel like Lunar Year might be a tad too regionally specific to have a whole event based on it, but I can definitely see them doing a couple skins and stuff to tie into it, maybe even a Brawl.

We've also had a discussion in the OW-GAF Discord about how many seasonal events Blizzard might be doing, and in what time distance. While I personally think they'll stick with one every ~3 months for each 'proper' season of the year (Easter or just generic Spring stuff, Summer Games, Halloween, Christmas), someone suggested that they might be doing a seasonal event every 2 months.

It kind of would line up (Christmas/New Years for Dec, Valentine's/Lunar New Year/Mardi Gras for Feb, Easter for April, whatever the fuck for June, return of Summer Games in Aug and thus the wheel begins anew), but I feel like that might be a tad overkill.

To be fair it is region specific, but it's region specific to 2 of the biggest markets for overwatch. :p

I nearly beat medium on my first try with Ana, but everything went downhill once I killed Mercy. The Soldier on my team was on point though with his heals.

I tried playing as Hanzo and McRee, but people don't seem to realise that Ana can stop healers from healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom