• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Had a funny moment where I was Rein and a Mei was in the ice block. I counted in my head, then charged at her. Just as she came out of it, I pinned her and hit her against the wall. Other player was annoyed :p

I pretty much made it into a science to see how/when I charge into another character. With that said, a Mei player had actually frozen me when I was mid-charge (I was trying to escape from Mei's ult). When I hit her, I thought for sure I was going to cream that puffball into a wall, only to find that I was frozen, and the Mei player killed me.

Like that we can buy stuff with coins. Bought some boxes and between what I got out of them and the coins I gained from them I have literally everything I want plus the credits left over to buy all the skins if they don't drop by event end.

The brawl is also pretty great.

Summer event looks like a joke in comparison.

I'm also glad that Blizzard had a change of heart and charged the skins that you want, rather than letting it all set to the luck of the draw. I just want Mei's new Highlight Reel and Reinhardt's new emote/skin.

DevilDog

I doubt it. I think they'll do what League of Legends does; they'll release new skins alongside the old skins for a limited time. New skins will get more people to buy loot boxes than just bringing back the old ones. There's no way Blizzard lets things stagnate as long as the game is popular.

I hope you're right. However Overwatch has a one time fee model. Where are they going to get that incentive to keep working on it? Loot box money?

I hope you're right. However Overwatch has a one time fee model. Where are they going to get that incentive to keep working on it? Loot box money?
With events like these coming, I would imagine they get a lot of loot box money, especially when they just reached 20 million registered players, and I'm sure a good majority of those people are still active. That's a lot of loot box money. Even without the events, there will still be people who buy the regular loot boxes.

Also, it's Blizzard, they're rich :p

I haven't played in a little while but for some reason I have about a dozen extra normal lootcrates I don't remember having... I don't remember buying them or anything.

DevilDog

I haven't played in a little while but for some reason I have about a dozen extra normal lootcrates I don't remember having... I don't remember buying them or anything.
Reported.
A bug allowed some people to get 11 free lootboxes.

With events like these coming, I would imagine they get a lot of loot box money, especially when they just reached 20 million registered players, and I'm sure a good majority of those people are still active. That's a lot of loot box money. Even without the events, there will still be people who buy the regular loot boxes.

Also, it's Blizzard, they're rich :p
Let's hope they take some of that money and put it into new modes and especially a permanent PvE.

Stupid Widow and disrespectful Rein ruining it :X

What is it?

Large XP penalties. Maybe temporary bans too but nothing permanent like in competitive, iirc. You have a larger margin before these penalties come into effect though. The game will warn you when you try to leave a game; "repeatedly leaving unfinished games causes penalties" or something along those lines.

http://youtu.be/Hlc_xYZhkE0

Don't think I've ever been so mad in my life.

Oh shit!! that's a pin and a half...

rAvrURP.png

jediyoshi

Made a 1080p60 looped video of the Mercy main menu to use as a desktop background.
Saw someone on reddit make one but it's pretty bad quality and they didn't try to make it a seamless loop.
https://dt.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/572sgz/thank_you_blizzard_for_the_mercy_menu_i_turned_it/

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/cher5fzbzuiir88/swiss_witch.mp4
Preview - http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3Bxp2VFsVo

No great free way to set up video wallpapers for Win10. I just use VLC with the fullscreen controller disabled.

LiK

They're extremely generous about it, then.

It's QP so they're not gonna be super strict about it but i've seen some Gaffers get penalized for it. It depends on how often you quit compared to your completed match ratio. I mean, you can test it out right now and just leave every game for the next hour and see what happens :p

jediyoshi

They're extremely generous about it, then.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-10-heres-how-overwatchs-leave-game-penalty-works

As a quick reminder," Lylirra added, "leaving a couple games in a row won't cause you to be penalised in any way. We understand that there are circumstances, either in or outside of your control, that may necessitate you needing to step away from a game before it ends. It's only if you repeatedly leave games in succession, to the point where it could be considered a habitual behaviour, that you will be penalised."

I will happily see everyone I've played with today banned.

Group up does not mean rush into the point by yourself you stupid motherfucker. And also why have I got more kills than 3 of you as Lucio.

I hadn't played on PC in over a month and so I qualified low for season 2 (2700) and have now fallen to 2500 and seem to be perpetually stuck on the dumbest/worst teams in a never ending downward spiral of my rank.

Banzai

I hadn't played on PC in over a month and so I qualified low for season 2 (2700) and have now fallen to 2500 and seem to be perpetually stuck on the dumbest/worst teams in a never ending downward spiral of my rank.

And here I am kinda proud that I recently got to 2700. Only like 10 more wins in a row and I get that sweet Diamond emblem.

Another successive loot crate with nothing in, lost 150 SR, teams cant even push the first point.

I'm not playing anymore Overwatch today.

darklin0

Banned
I sometimes get the warning if I leave more games I will get the penalty. I realized it was happening because I only play QP sometimes while I wait for someone and drop out in the middle of the match to play comp. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom