• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azoor

So I've been thinking about the future of the seasonal content in regards to content from the previous year(s). How do you guys think Blizzard will proceed?

Here's the options I thought of that they can go with. I do believe that next summer, they'll make all Summer Games 2016 items available for credits as well, mind you, but I'm thinking about box contents here.

1.) They just keep adding new stuff to the same boxes. This will probably mean that there won't be ~100 items each year, but that every subsequent year will have small amounts of new items (probably in the ballpark of 20-40 if I had to guess), most of which will be catching up with new heroes that had been released since the past year. However, within a few years, that would also lead to content overflow, where if you've been playing the game since the start, you would mostly get duplicates, and the new items would be really difficult to get.

2.) They make an entirely new set of boxes for subsequent years with all new content. Older years' boxes can be bought with $ or exchanged for with the current year's box (since you could exchange summer crates for normal ones, the mechanics for such a system are already in place as well).

3.) A mix of both of the above: They exchange the low commodity items (white/blue tiers) for new ones, but keep the high commodity ones (purple/gold tiers) in the new boxes. If you really want that BMX Reaper Spray or that RIP Tracer victory pose, you can still grab them for credits, but they are not going to drop from boxes.

Personally I think that 1 could happen next year, but Blizzard getting a lot of backlash because of the duplicate rate for older players in particular, and down the road, option 2 is the most likely.

I agree that they'll make some of those old items available somehow to other players next year, but will the next summer be also sports themed ? I highly doubt it. I think it'll be far more interesting if they tackled a different theme each year.

I agree that they'll make some of those old items available somehow to other players next year, but will the next summer be also sports themed ? I highly doubt it. I think it'll be far more interesting if they tackled a different theme each year.

Well summer time is definitely time for sports, but I doubt it'll be Olympic-themed.

I think this is all we are getting. Next year they are just going to repeat the same stuff.

I doubt it. I think they'll do what League of Legends does; they'll release new skins alongside the old skins for a limited time. New skins will get more people to buy loot boxes than just bringing back the old ones. There's no way Blizzard lets things stagnate as long as the game is popular.

PatjuhR

I can already see Reaper walking around in summer clothes with flip-flops and a straw head. With Water Pistols for his pistols...

You know the Solider 76 player sucked if he didn't get 3-4 gold medals. From my experience so far, he definitely has the advantage in the brawl. McCree's ultimate is super good though, and all ults charge so quickly. You can tell a good McCree player by how often they use their ult in the brawl for sure.

darklin0

Banned
Tonight is not the night for Competitive. My teams were getting crushed and nothing I played changed the outcome. Gonna just QP and come back tomorrow.

Ridygo

I edit the leaked sombra photo and i think it could be a good avatar.

If anyone interested here:

29646694583_f8174bbf2f_o.jpg

My friend spent $40 on loot boxes yesterday on PS4... not realising that they were standard boxes.

RIP. she's fine though because she got enough coins to buy... most things LOL

TrueBlue

You know the Solider 76 player sucked if he didn't get 3-4 gold medals. From my experience so far, he definitely has the advantage in the brawl. McCree's ultimate is super good though, and all ults charge so quickly. You can tell a good McCree player by how often they use their ult in the brawl

latest

You know the Solider 76 player sucked if he didn't get 3-4 gold medals. From my experience so far, he definitely has the advantage in the brawl. McCree's ultimate is super good though, and all ults charge so quickly. You can tell a good McCree player by how often they use their ult in the brawl for sure.
Hmm... I feel like it's easiest to get golds with McCree, especially as deadeye will finish off mid health bosses, thus racking up huge damage.

Lately, I've been really bummed out by the Overwatch community. Whether by some awful luck or by the community itself, I get placed with an absurd amount of players - at Skill levels 3400:3800 even - that simply don't understand anything about team composition or strategy. It doesn't make the game fun. Not for me, not for the rest of the team, and probably not even much for the enemy team to have one or two people who refuse to play the game well, listen to advice, or switch off characters they main.

That said, I had a fantastic set of games with some repeat teammates that kept getting matched with me today. Most of them were about as low as they could be from me (2500 range where I had fallen to 3400-something) but they were all really fun, competitive players. Maybe not the best players, but they were all interested in knowing what they were doing wrong. They kept asking things like, "How do we stop that from happening?" or "What are the best characters to counter things like this?" and maybe it's because I felt like my ego was being stroked but I felt like that was the best attitude you could possibly have when things weren't going your way in a game (we still lost quite a few).

The whole thing was such a breath of fresh air from all the people who think they know how to play the game and be team leader because they watched an ESL match.

Disclaimer: I am the most toxic player in this world when I start tilting. I am the thing I hate the most.

thenexus6

A permanent coop mode would really get me back into this game. I hope they keep and really expand on it.

I also haven't unlocked any of the new trophies yet? I should have at least two of them by now.

Greddleok

Just had a few good matches with a random who liked my style and added me as a friend. We proceeded to win 4 in a row, but I had to leave.

Almost got 100 rating out of those matches.

Jellie

Lost on second round of Mumbani as our Ana decided to kneel emote in front of Reinhardt's shield while waiting for the enemy team. Instant 5v6. 😭

Blues1990

Thanks. Was hoping to just splurge before work. Guess I'll do it after work instead.

Watched videos of what's new and all the kid sprays are awesome. I'm thinking parents have ideas for their kids now lol
I love how Ana & Soldier 76 are the only characters that weren't de-aged for those sprays. Especially with the case for Soldier being a decrepted old owl.

Pretty sure Blizzard referred to the Summer Games as an annual event.

Anne

Like that we can buy stuff with coins. Bought some boxes and between what I got out of them and the coins I gained from them I have literally everything I want plus the credits left over to buy all the skins if they don't drop by event end.

The brawl is also pretty great.

Summer event looks like a joke in comparison.

LiK

I really like the effort put into the Brawl with the music and VO etc. It didn't seem as half-baked as Lucioball.

Yeah the summer event was fun and all, but this blows that out of the water. They did a great job with this event and the brawl is actually fun this time around.

I can't wait to see what they throw out for the Christmas event.

The cosmetics and the brawl are 10x better this time around.

LiK

I'm pretty disappointed they left characters out who got the Sumemr treatment. Junkrat didn't get a new intro cuz he had on in Summer and characters like McCree and Tracer were also missing new skins. I guess they're just saving them for next year when they rotate new skins annually.

I'm pretty disappointed they left characters out who got the Sumemr treatment. Junkrat didn't get a new intro cuz he had on in Summer and characters like McCree and Tracer were also missing new skins. I guess they're just saving them for next year when they rotate new skins annually.
Lik pls, Junk just got a new legendary skin, so biased :p

It would've been nice to see a McCree skin though, but I'll take the great Ana and Roadhog skins available.

Volcynika

Had a funny moment where I was Rein and a Mei was in the ice block. I counted in my head, then charged at her. Just as she came out of it, I pinned her and hit her against the wall. Other player was annoyed :p

darklin0

Banned

Lik pls, Junk just got a new legendary skin, so biased :p

It would've been nice to see a McCree skin though, but I'll take the great Ana and Roadhog skins available.
Oh please. My boy Winston has gotten shafted two events in a row now. Feels so bad man.
I'd shit my pants. Reinhardt is a pain in the ass even as characters who can deal with him. lol
It was fun for us, I feel bad for the other team lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom