• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

I can't play ranked anymore since yesterday. Went from 2790 to under 2300. Only stupid teammates - cant even reason with them anymore. 15 games lose streak thanks.

Anne

thanks for the tip, i always thought of it as more of a "life saver" moment instead of a boost turning into a "life taker" moment for the other team lol

Yeah, with Lucio you just blow ult > speed boost and if the other team doesn't have their own support ult ready they just lose. It's really fair!

To the other guy who is new, it gets better. Generally at some point people start to get the general idea of combos and stuff. When I play with lower level players I try to set up the combos to be idiot proof. Game's still new and getting tons of new players all the time so it's likely you run into them.

2 of my most played characters are Lucio and Anna

I'll be on my goddamn mic giving a Winston or some shit who has their ultimate READY a heads up that I'm about to hit him with Anna's ultimate during a crucial push and he will leap away or not pop his ultimate after I use mine

Similar shit with Lucio

I thought I was getting trolled then I noticed it happens way to often to be some sort of joke

Then again, I'm new and low rank. But if you can't wrap your head around these basic principles please stick to QP.
Winston does more outside his ult with a nano FYI. His ult pushes people away and doesn't kill fast so it doesn't have much use where non ulting Winston has more constant damage and the shield.

If I nano a Winston and he ults, I get annoyed.

Anne

Winston does more outside his ult with a nano FYI. His ult pushes people away and doesn't kill fast so it doesn't have much use where non ulting Winston has more constant damage and the shield.

If I nano a Winston and he ults, I get annoyed.

This is also truth. You want the Winston to dive and he only ults if he gets bursted down, which is unlikely.

Anne

B T W there is a fun new bug going around! Sometimes certain abilities or actions happen randomly with no input from the player at all. Ana grenade is the most common. Sometimes targeted abilities just don't happen then happen again later. Spooky!

I had this happen earlier where Reaper would just randomly get stuck firing lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sigh, maybe I should have avoided comp altogether during this event.

Seems like there are a lot of people who seem a bit rusty, to be generous.

New Reinhardt and Symmetra skins are A++. Actually almost all the new skins are pretty dope. Blizzard really knocked it out of the park with this event!

Also tried grinding out Hard mode Brawl last night with randoms and almost won a couple of times. McCree is really good on top left to Fan the hammer that narrow area, plus it's a good view point for his ult. Hanzo seems good to solo cover the right. I think Soldier should pair up with either of them for heals and focusing on middle area. Ana... just seems like she has her hands super full. I dont even know where to begin for strats with her. Ana + McCree ult combo is absolutely necessary when bosses spawn, he can one shot Reaper and take out all the adds in one stroke; especially important when Mercy spawns.

Its a crazy time and it feels really good when you can get past the first Junkrat.

Mendrox

Okay I am not the only one that noticed this. It's really fucking bad. So bad right now. Today was the first time that I ragequit even though I never did something like this in my life.

Nah just said I can't play cuz account is banned or suspended

Then a timer showed 7 min til I can do competitive again

I had a 2 hour ban recently from a single game that I kept lagging out of and rejoining.

I think it was registering as me leaving over and over.

Feels bad.

Yeah comp is a crapshoot right now - lots of people who returned for the event who are employing either no strategy or newbie strategies. Bastions are out in force, and I saw more Torbs last night than I had total in the last few weeks.

Aww that sucks. I actually got it the day I bought Overwatch. Which is lucky. Everybody is so much more aware now.
It's still possible. I got it this season(while playing with Lik, funny enough XD). You just got to shoot it in a very tight corridor with a lot of people in it.

Or you know, a Zarya ult. The solution to most trophy problems.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Low to mid level competitive is probably going to be a shit show for a while. Lots of people playing new skin characters they rarely play or that don't fit the map/team and then you'll have people trying to learn Sombra in comp when she's out.

Which sucks because I wanted to work on getting my golden Amplifier but it is what it is

LiK

Aww that sucks. I actually got it the day I bought Overwatch. Which is lucky. Everybody is so much more aware now.

Yea, i barely played Hanzo early and that fucked me over.

It's still possible. I got it this season(while playing with Lik, funny enough XD). You just got to shoot it in a very tight corridor with a lot of people in it.

Or you know, a Zarya ult. The solution to most trophy problems.

Kor tried helping me with Zarya Ult but I only got 3. One guy escaped, so annoying.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Deflect shouldnt cancel out because dragon blade finished. ;_;
Ive hated this forever.

If you wallclimb while the sheathing animation starts, you'll skip it entirely! Agreed though, getting multi-sword kills has gotten a bit harder, since people all scatter and focus you down now. It needs to be combo'd with Zarya or Rein for it to be back to legit crowd clearer.

Tovarisc

Ranked should be blocked if player hasn't played in past month or so. Fun to get rolfstomp destroyed because you get people who clearly are super rusty in OW and on top of that just won't / can't play other heroes than first insta lock they do. Good times when team has 4 DPS in ranked, 2 being flankers that can't kill shit.

Kurumi

B T W there is a fun new bug going around! Sometimes certain abilities or actions happen randomly with no input from the player at all. Ana grenade is the most common. Sometimes targeted abilities just don't happen then happen again later. Spooky!

It's Sombra. It has to be.

Alucrid

Banned

haha okay. this kept happening to me and i wasn't sure if i was fat fingering r1 or my controller was broken.

Mantrox

Could it be that sombra makes you waste random abilities, or maybe when they are hacked and used randomly, friendly fire is turned on, just to be more evil :D?

Turn on reaper's ult when the enemy team is holding the point, just imagine xD

Auctopus

Anyone wanna group up for the brawl? (PS4)

Also, there needs to be a level minimum for hard mode. Tired of joining a game with a level 10 players.

xaosslug

idk if it's the same thing, but I had an issue w/ D.Va's ult during a match on Eichwalde, it just wouldn't launch unless I spammed triangle. It was real weird.

The brawl is super fun, but I had to pick easy when I played yesterday because it took too long to find a game otherwise. Picked Soldier. Five gold medals later..... Maybe I should try medium.

darklin0

Banned

I kept on dropping my shield(Winston) while leaving spawn. I was pretty irritated about it cause the cool down is so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom