• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
IndWRne.gif

ok why didn't the hook work here. i even got the hooked sound, but it didn't drag tracer back to her original position after her blink

xaosslug

Could it be that sombra makes you waste random abilities, or maybe when they are hacked and used randomly, friendly fire is turned on, just to be more evil :D?

Turn on reaper's ult when the enemy team is holding the point, just imagine xD

that would certainly be one way of forcing a character into play... >_>

Do you get anything for beating the Brawl?

i think there are achievements you can unlock?

Kito

Recently there has been a surplus of support mains in solo q. I wouldn't mind giving up my favoured class to them, but fuck me they are incompetent and lucky to have even a 37% win rate. Zens who think harmony orb has a minute cooldown, Mercys dead all the time (your job is to undo enemy ults not die to them urgh), zero heal Anas who solely exist for a nanoboost miracle. You've spent most of your time playing support and this is how you perform???

When matchmaking gives me 3 dps mains, 2 tank mains, 0 support mains it's like a guaranteed win for me. But instead I get like 4 mercy mains every god damn match.

Auctopus

Attack bastion is my new favourite thing in this game. The reactions you get from some people before you get most kills in the match is hilarious.

Jellie

Did it save in the Highlights section?

I was about to go there and it kicked me to the login in screen so when I logged back in it was gone. Meant to say login not lobby sorry. Also got a sweet nano boost on Skii which got him at least 4 kills maybe 5 but have to ask him first.

Skii

I got penta kill as nano boosted Reaper and the game kicks me before I can record the highlight. Fuck my life.

It was so good as well Jellie. All that hard work gone :(

Jellie

I got penta kill as nano boosted Reaper and the game kicks me before I can record the highlight. Fuck my life.

It was so good as well Jellie. All that hard work gone :(

Yeah only us left on last point gibraltar. Very clutch.

Still lost next push because we had no tanks.
EDIT: Seems like we both got kicked when we clicked on highlights... bug?

Tovarisc

Played a couple of matches with her yesterday and while her ultimate still comes in decent time it's certainly not as ridiculous as it was before.

Considering how her ult can easily lead into team wipe because it turns e.g. Rein into demigod it's still kinda lolz that she can ult basically twice in time that takes for rest of cast to ult once.

Also fuck is with ranked today? People doing extremely stupid picks that just don't work on map and with rest of the team, but never swap into fitting heroes.

Fancolors

I had a four losses in comp yesterday. Two of them were because of leavers.

It's fine. It's fine. It's fine.
No it isn't ;_;

Yea I'm just going to play QP for a bit and practice DPS for comp, just sounds like soloQ aint worth it. Maybe give Hard mode brawl another shot, but I really just want to farm loot boxes :)

NimbusD

IndWRne.gif

ok why didn't the hook work here. i even got the hooked sound, but it didn't drag tracer back to her original position after her blink

Yeah, this has been happening to me a lot. Hooking tracer but her dashes cancel it, even though I get a sound and the hook moved to follow her dash.

I think it's cuz while Overwatch goes with a 'favor the attacker' method of determining who wins in those split second scenarios (to make the game feel better, like you can be confident what you're shooting at is actually there, which I agree with tbh), the exception to that is defensive moves like tracers.

Though I've definitely been in opposite scenarios where I blink before a hook and wind up hooked anyway so idk how those exceptions actually work.

They only have two months to do Christmas. Hope it gets the same amount of attention. I want snow and Christmas light on maps.

I'm guessing we'll get stockings instead of tombstones for victory poses.

Highly doubt there is anything for thanksgiving except for maybe a couple skins that they just throw in, not an actual event though.

zoukka

So I re-installed to try the co-op brawl with my friend and my ping is suddenly 60ms no matter what I do. The usual flushdsn, restarts, network reboots aren't doing anything. OW is the only game I experience this latency :(

That 20% resource cost increase to Ana's ult doesn't seem to have any meaningful impact on how often she ults.

One of the major problems with the game and how Blizzard tries to balance it is that they keep trying to shuffle their numbers around and see if it works rather than take a hard look at the "economy" of the game. The problem with stuff like the ana ult deathball thing is just part of the larger problem that the whole game revolves too hard around ultimates that are inevitable and guaranteed.

Because nobody loses ult charge on death there's no way to outplay the ana's initiation. She WILL get a nanaboost eventually. If people dropped ult charge like medics could drop ubers in TF2 lots of balancing problems and many of the frustrations that people voiced in this thread would disappear at once very elegantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom